You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Some Sort Of Spirit Or Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Some Sort Of Spirit Or Entity

 

My parents have always gone to be at-least 5/6 hours before me, I usually stay up until the early hours of the morning, 2am, 3am sometimes up to 4am. I went to stay with my father in Germany, before that I had never had experience with ghosts, spirts or however you wish to refer to them, so here's my story, which is 100% true and this is how I feel.

I moved back to the UK to live with my mother, that night, I was awake until something like 2am, at around this time (I cannot be 100% exact) I heard soft footsteps on the stairs, as if a family pet such as a cat was walking up. Now my mother and her boyfriend were asleep, I looked out of the corner between the door and the hinge and nothing was there. I was a little freaked out by this, but I put it down to tiredness and returned to my reading on the computer.

The next night I heard it again, and unexplained creaking at the top of the stairs, and I'd lived in that house prior to visiting Germany, for 5 years, I knew which type of creek was house creeks and what the top of the stairs creek sounded like. So, yes. At this point I was quite worried, and this continued for a few weeks.

Now when I finally told my mother about this, she told me, since her new boyfriend had moved in there was strange activity in the house, unexplained whispers & cold spots. I wasn't a believer in the paranormal until this, it's kind of hard to deny something so obvious.

My mother then proceeded to tell me at some points in the night she'd be awaken by something which sounded like a marble ball hitting the floor, bouncing a few times and then rolling... She told me she went down the stairs to investigate the noise as she did think it could've been an intruder, but there was absolutely nothing down there.

More evidence is the TV turning off at random times, now yeah sure, you could put this down to technical issues, it only occurred when the TV was on my younger sisters TV programmes, children's.

Even more evidence which cannot be confirmed, but how can a 3 year old imagine so clearly and provide the same evidence twice. My sister would not go into the small toilet which was downstairs, she told us there was a "little girl" in there. She told us this, numerous times and why wouldn't we believe her, we have never told her about such paranormal activity because it could potentially scare a child by saying, "A ghost is something that makes noises!";)

This was enough evidence for me, now stupidly, I was so interested I began reading about this, "spirit". I wanted to know how to communicate with it without the use of a ouija board, I was told to just "Talk" to it. Now I did, and to this date I cannot tell you it's intentions. I can only tell you I've never been so scared in my entire life.

I proceeded to talk to this "spirit" who I believed was beside us in the house for a few days, and the "haunting" is what I'll call it did get worse. You know how you get the shivers feeling through your entire body? My experience was this, the shivers feeling of an average person who is a little spooked, times that by 10 and stick a clamp on your head and keep pushing. It's nothing I've felt before.

Even more evidence for me, I'm a deep sleeper, I don't wake up easily, I was rudely awaken with a loud scratching like noise on the pillow beside me. I cannot confirm if this was my mind or if there was a spirit of some kind in my home, I can just tell you, it spooked me.

And, more evidence you say? When entering my bedroom, the floor just after by door creaked. In the whole 5 or however many years I lived there, the creak was ONLY caused by stepping on it. I was sleeping under my bed one night (I must have been ill or tired of sleeping on the bed) and I heard a loud creak beside my door. Now I slept under my bed with a sheet over the side, it's a bed you climb on-to. I remember this very clearly, I said "Mum?", no reply... So I pulled down the sheet and jumped up rather quickly, there was no-one there... This was scary for me.

And the final piece of evidence for me, when I entered the house, it felt... So tight, cold and like there was a sort of, wind, not physical but, OK, like you're in water, it's harder to walk, it was such an effort to walk through the house.

======================

My mum has had history with poltergeists, although I don't wan't to go into too much detail here, she was mentally ill and we believe that this was due to some sort of haunting. I cannot remember myself, but my mum tells me that I told her I used to see trainers under my door, white trainers... (there was apparently a large gap under my door). She also told me I used to see a man standing in the garden, a white figure...

======================

Another thing I won't go into in detail, but this started in my previous house after my mother was committing adultery, if you're unsure, cheating on her husband. (I won't go into detail), but that happened and that's when the paranormal activity began in the house in the UK.

Feel free to leave comments, opinions and thoughts on this story, just know this is 100% truthful and this is what I personally experienced.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JakeMS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Hey Vikstal, thanks for your comment there. The "more evidence" parts were how I came to believe it and weren't meant to seem like I'm trying to convince you guys, & the mental illness was about 10 years ago, and I hadn't seen anything which could be classed as paranormal since then. She was not mentally ill at the time of the adultery, and my mother says she was experiencing this before I returned home, and I do believe her. When I returned home, at first, no I didn't really experience anything, the house felt strange but I hadn't lived there for several months so of course it's going to feel strange.

After a while, I did start hearing things, and since I'm an open minded person, I will never say it's not real when it's this real, to me of course.

Thanks for your comment, if you think I'm making an argument I'm not, not sure how this will look when others read it:)
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
How is cheating vile? People outgrow each other. Are they supposed to be together and fight and hate each other for the sake of "love"?

It made me a bit suspicious cause of all the "more evidence" bits. If the story really happened and you believe then why would you so desperately try to convince others that it's true?

I believe most of the sotry and happenings can be filed under your mum's mental illness. I'm not putting anyone down or anything but I believe this type of thing is far more realistic and legit than anything else. (I'm not mentally ill myself but have deep depression and I've had very weird experiences cause of it and I know that to a rational mind it's natural course of things and understandable disorders but to a more... Spiritual mind it's demonic and paranormal and what not)

I'd suggest ignroing whatever you're experiencing or having a positive attitude towards it. Whatever the reason might be of the things occuring, I believe if you don't put your mind in it, it doesn't bother you. Even if there is a ghost, I mean relationships take at least two so when you're not giving anything back then the other one can't really feed off of you.
And if it's caused by... Mental disturbances then having a positive outlook on things should help aswell.
Highnoon (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hey Jake,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating ghost stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your spooky story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested (edjory [at] gmail.com).
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
KandiieChoklatee & Lilady4, thanks for your comments and your thoughts, it does seem likely now I think about it.
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Apparently, there's this kind of spirit that's attracted to negative energy, caused by your mother's behaviour. But now that your mother is back with your father, it's all positive, therefore the spirit isn't attracted anymore.

Keep us posted,
Kenzie x
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
This just sounds like your typical haunting. Well, maybe the Spirits came out after your mother committed adultery, who really knows? I personally think that the after effect of your mother's actions is what caused more spirital activity.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Hey Gizzy!

My mother and father are back together now yes, and the boyfriend was around for 2/3 months maybe? I cannot be certain as I was living with my father and didn't know about it when it started.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
Are your mother and father now back together? How long did the boyfriend remain? Was it any better when he had moved out? Sorry for so many questions but I am wondering if the boyfriend brought the spirit with him.
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Thanks to below comments, and I do not feel ashamed to discuss this topic, and understand everyone's views and opinions on the events that occurred.

I will still be checking the comments daily and will respond to direct questions.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Well maybe your mom's vile behavior was what brought on the bad energy which attrackted the ghosts, or maybe they were in hiding until a bad thing took place. I may be too biased to comment appropriatly.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I hope that it stays that way (unless you don't want it that way, LOL, 😜). Wish you and your family all the best and keep us updated if anything else happens.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
sounds like your family has gotten back together?
Could have been some negative energies, brought about by your parents failing marriage... Just a theory.
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I am open to many things, and there are a few lights flickering here, but you kind of know when there's an unknown presence, and I feel safe here, warm. So if there is anything here, it's definitely not an issue.

============
Geetha50
============

My mother, sister, father and myself now live in Germany together, and there's nothing to prove any paranormal activity is happening at this time.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Yeah, I agree with the other posters, your story is really creepy. Have you kept in touch with your mother or your siblings (if they are living with your mother)? Are they still experiencing anything in the house?
Unfriendly (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Oh you shouldn't believe it's your imagination. If you do that you'll cut yourself off from all the good things out there. Remember that the vast majority of unseen creatures are nature spirits, and there are many other interesting entities out there too. There are a few not very nice things running about but they are a tiny minority and can usually be easily dealt with. When you're open to all things, both seen and unseen, you experience life in a completely new light.
JakeMS (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Thanks for your below responses. I am living in Germany now, there's no clear evidence that there's anything here now, I believe it's my imagination playing tricks, but we've had none of the same problems here.

===
HCFwarKLOK
===

It caused no physical harm no, however I wouldn't have been to happy to stay for another few weeks and find out as it was starting to become worse.
Unfriendly (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
A clever demon would know it could be seen by young children, that's probably why it took the form of a little girl when it allowed itself to be seen by your sister. It knew its presence had been detected and it wanted to appear as a lesser threat, perhaps a mere ghost.

The cold, tight feeling that you describe the house as having, that is a manifestation of the creatures own energy. Its home within yours.

From what you've said these things have been following your mother for years now. Perhaps it is only one entity, taking different forms, thus creating the illusion that there is no sense in removing it as another would only replace it. If this is the case the sollution is simple. Kill it.
HCFwarKLOK (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Pretty creepy dude, seems like something that's feeding off well, sexual energies, hence probly why it would of started around the time of adultery, and having a boyfriend in the house. Probly not somthing you want to think about your mother doing but still.

Has it caused any physical harm or anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: