You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Of Cat's Past

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of Cat's Past

 

I once had a cat named Cory, he was an orange tabby cat and I loved him to death. I had him with me when I use to live in Maryland and Georgia. He was my cat and he didn't really like anyone else in my family. Then one day, I was living down in Georgia at the age of 8 and Cory began to have mouth cancer. I can't remember how long later, but we had to go to the vet and put him down. I cried some much there that the veterinarian tried to give me a stuffed cat toy to keep me quiet.

About two years later, I began to notice things happening around the house in West Virginia.

One time, I thought that I saw Cory go under my bed, but I didn't see its face. I've also thought I saw him coming out of my room while having dinner. This one though is probably my most physical experience: I was sitting on the couch in the living room. It was about October and I was watching TV with a blanket and a pillow on top of me. While I was lying down, I saw Cory on top of the pillow smelling me and looking at me. I could definitely tell it was Cory. About 5 minutes later, I moved the pillow off of me and he disappeared. About 10 seconds later, the couch makes a dent and springs back up really quickly.

I have seen him so many times since his death. I think he just loves to follow me and be with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zandra94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I'm sorry for your loss 😢.
One of my cats died tragically over three months ago and he has come to visit few times; but I might have to move to a different town and am worried that he won't come to a place away from home. Reading your story makes me think he might follow me...
I really hope so.
textbud13 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
omg I'm so sad now I'm almost crying in English class (don't worry I finshed all my work) it made me think of last year me seeing the spirts of the 2 pets I lost last year 2 old age one was my first cat and the other was my first dog both after a month and a half after death but that but I hope when Patchs is around, he/she makes you feel happy
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I'm sorry about your cat. I understand how you feel,,
Awhile after we had to put my cat to sleep, my brother and I would both see him laying on the steps like he loved so much to do. I've read a lot of stories about cats and dogs popping in and out to comfort their humans. It's a wonderful thing:).
You're heart will mend with time.

Love,
Belle 😁
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but maybe it's the '9 lives' thing. I have this friend who owned a cat. Well, she lived on the 8th floor in a tall building, and her cat fell out of the window. She later found him under the bushes, whole and healthy. I'm not sure if I'm right about your cat Cory, though. Maybe he really is your guardian or something, as mentioned in the other comments.

Kenzie x
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
he really loved you and he doesn't want to leave you
You should be happy because even though he has died you're still seeing him so this proves you treated him with great respect and love
😁 be happy because as long as you keep seeing him it proves that he hasn't actually died
😁
flora (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Wow that's so cute cory knew that you loved him a lot and he loves you also 😊 you really showed him you loved him you are so lucky people would like to experience that also.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Interesting...poor Cory. Let him be with you... Maybe its because he loved you more than anyone else in the world 😉

Fesmina ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
What a beautiful story. Just to know that our animals will be with us even after death. I'm sure Cory will be with you forever.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I'm so sorry you lost your beloved cat! I have a cat of my own, and I love her dearly. This was such a sweet story! It is going on my favorites!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Sorry about your kitty, I'm glad he pops in and see's you every once in awhile. I have had one visit that I know of, but never saw the actual cat. (ive had 5 pass in my lifetime) I wish I could see them!
Thanks for sharing!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
cats are starting to get mouth cancer more and more now. I blame it on the food. They are not supposed to be eating hard food like that all the time. Even when they are fed the canned crap it doesn't really give them everything they need. Since I have so many cats and I too had one with mouth cancer I researched the crap out of what they are supposed to eat. And it is not what they get in anything we feed them.

I am so sorry about your cat. The vet giving you a stuffed cat to calm you was really stupid. I believe that your kitty came back to you to help you and ease your comfort. He loved you just as much as you loved him. I am very happy when I read about strong bonds like this.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
hi zandra94 your so right cory will visit you as much as he posibly can, there are plenty of stories on here with the same thing happening.
I have said this before pets know when they are loved and also know when you need comforting and cory is doing just that showing you he is ok and with you.
Enjoy his visits
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Animals have always had that extra sense in living and in death. So, I think your cat came back to ease your heart and may also act like a guardian when you need it. I'm so sorry about losing your cat. I hope in time your heart will heal in time to find a new companion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: