You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

Real Ghost Stories

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

 

My name is Charlie, I'm 13 and I'm a girl, some pretty crazy **** has happened in the past 6/7 years. So I guess I'll start from the beginning.

I was about 7 when it started, it was in The middle of July, and I know that. But I would wake up with creaks in the middle of the night, Early in the morning I went downstairs once, feeling so thirsty I felt I would need a drink or I would surely die. I got a glass and poured myself some water from the tap. I was halfway through drinking my glass of water, when I felt an unearthly presence in the room, I was afraid to turn around but at the same time, I felt a sense of relief and well-being in the presence. I turned around slowly but there was nothing there. I dismissed it from my mind, refilled my glass, and went back to bed.

A few weeks after this, I woke up from a nightmare, I dreamt that I was being raped by one of my friends, it was horrible, Of course, I didn't know what it was, so I just went to my mum and said I had a headache, she gave me a paracetomel and Took me back to bed. 2 Days later, my nightmare came true.

In December, 2007, I moved from my Hometown, of Berkshire, to Bournemouth. I could sense there was something different about the house. I couldn't tell what, but it was something...bad. My family decided we would adopt a rescue dog, her name is Fleur. The very first time we brought her home she was constantly scratching at the cupboard under the stairs. I could tell there was something bad about it, even if I never went near the place. There was just something cold about it.

A few days later, I said a prayer to help whatever it is that is present in the house to be removed and given peace. The night I prayed, I had this deep, but Reassuring voice whisper in my ear, "Have faith."

It was around the time I was about 11 when I began seeing the shadows, they aren't exactly shadows but I don't know how else to describe them. I never see them properly, just out of the corner of my eye.

In 2010, one of my neighbours died. I know her daughter, in fact, I attend a youth club at a church with her daughter, Mary, the name of the daughter, is one of the workers at the youth club. Mary said there was something about her Mother's home that just... Repelled her.

Ever since my neighbours death I have been experiencing more premonitions and am seeing more of the 'shadows.' Please, Can you help me understand what is going on?

Sidenote: No harm has actually come to me from any of these experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmergencyDecoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Orangyness98 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
to guyinsane2008:
I agree totally with you. I was wondering the same things. Especially that fact that if you were raped, I'm pretty sure that means you were harmed.
KandiieChoklatee (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
I have had some 'premonitions' too, but they weren't as serious. Like, it would be something like foreseeing the colour of the new magazine, or that something happened to someone before I was told it actually happened. But the premonitions happened when I was asleep.
The questions mentiond by guyinsane2008, I'm also interested in reading the answers.

Kenzie x
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Well, I personally would've liked EmergencyDecoy to explain the story a bit better, but no such luck at the moment. That would've been horrifying to have a prophethic dream (premontion) at such a young age if you more than likely had no idea what rape was (at the age you were). And then to have it come true? That seems really horrifying and I really hope that everything is alright with you.
And you don't need to worry about Spirit, I see Shadow people, and while they are annoying, they usually mean no harm.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
pulsus (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
After reading the story and the comments, and with no apparent response from the author, I would be inclined to see these "premonitions" and shadows of hers as a subconcious reaction to the traumatic experiences in her past (if what she has written is indeed true.)

Although a grim topic, I would want to know if the perpetrator or her abuse was found and punished for his crimes (since they were enacted out on (from what I can tell) a seven year old girl) and if she was given counselling for her grief. If not, these sorts of feelings and shadows may be her mind's way of dealing with what happened to her, or it may be that she's now acting out in response to the neglect she's suffered by not being taken care of - by authorities, her parents, a psychologist, etc. (Which, to me, is a notion reinforced by her username - "EmergencyDecoy".)

[at] Charlie, if you ever return - I'm very sorry that these things have happened to you, or if you feel my comments were wildly out of line. I'm just trying to understand this the best that I can. If you haven't done so already, please seek help - for your demons, or the house's. Take care of yourself.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
It sounds like the more incidents happen, the more your psychic abilities are coming through. Could be because of certain strong emotions. I have read where strong stimuli that causes strong emotions, such as events as yours, sometimes helps bring out abilities a lot stronger or sooner. You are simply picking on things that maybe you haven't before. Is it a cause for alarm? Well, since you haven't had this before it can be strange. Premonitions, seeing 'spirits', are all trade marks of a pyschic. As you said yourself, these are coming frequently. You can embrace this new experience, and maybe find someone who could develop these abilities. Or simply, ignore them. Sometimes, they leave or not. You decide. Or, just wait and see what else happens. If persists, maybe it's time to find someone who can help and direct you in a direction that feels most comfortable with you. God bless.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I thought for a while about commenting on this story. I have decided not to comment on the rape as all other posters have covered anything I would say. If you are experiencing premonitions and dark shadows it may be you have a gift! This may have been "activated" by your traumatic past. You don't say whether you are scared by these occurances so I can only ask if you are wanting help and guidance in stopping them or just wanting to share.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
for charlie's sake I'm hoping this story is one that isn't true.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
[at] guyinsane totaly agree with you on that. I hope the answers to your questions are yes to all 3 and also that charlie is getting the help she would need.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
[at] taz890

I tend to look seek rational answers for these types of phenomenons as I'm still hoping that a rational one could be given for mine. I wouldn't say that what charlie posted is not real but there are other serious issues that need to be dealt with if her account is true.

Firstly, it was seemed that she was abused at a very young age and must be emotionally and physically scarred and is in need of counseling.

Secondly, the perpetrator of this heinous crime is walking around unpunished and must be brought to justice.

Seeing ghosts and having premonitions is the least of her problems at this point in time.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
seeing shadows is quite common and to be honest nothing to worry about there is a section on shadow people on the home page here that gives more information on them but most of the stories here that mention shadows say that that's all they see, shadows.
You mention having premonitions, what of and are they comming true?
[at] guyinsane2008 some very good questions there glad you asked them as I was having problems with the story, was not getting the "feel" for it as something was getting in the way but could not see it (sounds strange but that's how I work lol) and your questions helped 😊
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I don't know what to say about this post. It is really disturbing that you say that no actual came to you but than you say you were raped after you had a nightmare about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your story is false but at this moment, there are so many questions running through my head. Three of the questions are mentioned by guyinsane2008.

I will wait and see what happens here.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
you said you dreamt you were raped by a friend and 2 days later it came true.

1. How old were you when this happened?
2. Did you tell your mother?
3. Was this person punished?

You ended by saying no actual harm came to you through these experiences. If you were raped then you were harmed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: