You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Evil In That House

Real Ghost Stories

Something Evil In That House

 

When I was around the age of 5 my aunt lived just down the street from us. My mom would be at work a lot so I would spend a lot of time with her. I used to love going to her house especially because of her daughter and my babysitter Kim. We were very close and always got along, and while she was still alive nothing paranormal ever happened there.

A few years down the road Kim moved into her mother's basement instead of her cramped room and almost immediately fell into a deep depression. She just did not act like herself at all. She stayed in the basement for three months then she committed suicide. I was not there at the time I was at my own house and I remember seeing an ambulance pull up at her house. I was still very young so I didn't know what had happened.

About a month after her death I was at her house again trying to help out my family. My aunt was very depressed so I decided to let her get some sleep and go down into the basement for a little bit. The moment I entered the basement I experienced feelings of dread and felt very sick. I immediately ran upstairs thinking I was going to vomit but I felt better almost instantly.

OK so now that you have the background story I can tell the demonic part. This was a few years ago and my aunt has long recovered the loss of her daughter.

I was sitting in the living room around 10:00 p.m. When suddenly the room became very cold. I decided it was nothing and grabbed a cover. A few minutes later I began to hear whispering and thought it was my aunt so I called out "Pat is that you?" I got no answer. I then stood up and followed the whispers and they led me to the stairs leading to the basement. The sound was no longer whispers it was now yelling at me in some language I did not understand. I decided to ignore it and I went back to the living room. The moment I sat down I saw a shadow move in the corner of the room. I spun around to see what had moved and I saw a dark shadowy outline of a man but with no face. It had looked like something from a nightmare come to life I was terrified and prayed to God that it would go away. It stayed for five minutes before I found my voice and asked it "What do you want?". It just smiled and laughed with the most evil laugh I ever heard before in my life. After that it was gone and I was alone and shaking again.

I know I didn't imagine this and I'm afraid it will come back it seemed demonic but I'm unsure of the houses history. Please someone I need help I have begun to see shadows out of the corner of my eye every day and I can hear the whispering every time I walk past her house. All help is appreciated.

Other hauntings by JustinEckert

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustinEckert, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Jav, you make a very good point, when you say that adults are more prone to keep their experiences to themselves, for fear of redicule. I, for one, have never been able to relate my ecperiences before now, without feeling 'silly' or 'childish'. It is a great relief, to be able to 'air my views' & know that I will not be laughed at. Thank you YGS! ❤
Yours thankfully,
Fergie
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I agree with Nysa here. By your logic, the older we become, the less likely we are to see apparitions or experience paranormal phenomenon. Which, as you may notice tye, since you are here, there are thousands of experiences in the archives that go completely against that notion.
Children are more apt to share what they've experienced, adults are more prone to keeping it to themselves for fear of ridicule.

Jav
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I don't think the anecdotal evidence supports the age theory tye33. I know it is a popular belief but the data does not appear to me to support it.
tye35 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Justin, I think the reason the living room felt safe was because your cousin had returned to be your guardian angel in order to protect you from the demons.
tye35 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Lou, our perception at a young age is more open to our inner eye, (the spiritual eye that let's us see spirits, demons and other supernatural beings) than we are given credit for. The eye can cloud with age, but more entities are seen to us as young children than as adults and the pre-adolecent years, because we let our emotions expand during the adolescent years and childhood years.
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
You should have ghost hunters on this case. It is truly scary. ❤
bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
i agree with hoodzy I think what ever it was influenced kim to kill herself. Sorry I'm not much of help and sorry for your loss. Best of luck.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
JustinEckert,
I'm sorry, I have the same questions as the others, plus one more. Your statement was;
"This was a few years ago and my aunt has long recovered the loss of her daughter."
That does not happen, you don't just 'get over' the death of a child, especially a suicide.
That, along with this little gem,
"The sound was no longer whispers it was now yelling at me in some language I did not understand. I decided to ignore it and I went back to the living room."
Have me questioning the validity of the the story as a whole.
I do hope you haven't used a true family tragedy as a background for this story, because to me the whole thing is just wrong. The behavior of the characters is not an honest representation of how people act in either of the scenarios I've brought forth And to use the suicide of someones child is a cruel thing to do to them. It just doesn't pass the smell test with what you've said in the comment section either.
Maliki (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Wow...im so sorry for the loss. I know how you feel. If you want to try to stop the ghost from coming in then drive it out... Tell it to leave.
Highnoon (9 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hi Justin,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating ghost stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your spooky story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested (edjory [at] gmail.com).
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
First of all, my sincerest apologies for you and your family's loss, it can't of been easy.
Try blessing your house and maybe tell your aunt about the activity. This Spirit or Spirits need to be told what to do and that they are not allowed in your house. Ask God for Protection from negative entities and Protect your Family and House, and yourself.
Have Faith.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I think it's time to take a break from going to your aunt's house. At least for awhile. As for the shadows out of the corner of your eye, that happens to a lot of people who senses have been heighten. Meaning, because of seeing the demon, being afraid has made you more vulnerable and open for seeing and experiencing things you may not have had before. Maybe not going to your aunt's house, walking past it, would help somewhat. You must stay calm. 'It' feeds on fear. If it knows how afraid you are, it makes you more vulnerable. Stay strong, talk to people who you feel can understand. Sometimes talking helps. For now, watch and wait. If anything else happens. If it does, maybe it's time to call in someone to help. Or prayer. Works wonder. Good luck.
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
one last comment sorry if the story's tone was misleading she no longer lives in that house she moved out about 5 years ago as did i. We still live close to each other (the same town) just not within walking distance. Once again I'm sorry if the story seems misleading I am not the best at writing and as you read this happen a while ago so I may of missed a few details. If I begin to remember something that is important I will post it right away
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
to answer the figure it is very hard to explain, it was cloaked in shadow but the shadows appeared to form a smile that is why I put that as you can guess this happened a while ago so when I wrote the story I forgot some details. As for my aunt she was home she was asleep and if you read my last comment then you should understand more. As for the voices I think the yelling was something only I could hear because the next day I asked my aunt and she said she didn't hear a thing. I don't think that Kim was influenced by this spirit but I am not saying that it was not possible. My aunt has not seen anything in that house, at least nothing that she has shared with me. If I suspect that whatever happened to Kim was paranormal and it is happening to me I assure those of you who are concerned I will seek help right away. Thank you for all of the help you guys. 😁
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
i understand what you mean. I to this day do not know why I didn't just run to find her or run outside where it was safe. I just for some reason felt like I had to go back to the living room like it was the only safe place left in the world. It was almost like if I went anywhere else whatever I heard was going to get me, but for reasons I don't fully understand that room felt the safest out of all of the rooms in the house. I hope this is helping some of you understand what I went through.
reneespring (148 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
You said: "I then stood up and followed the whispers and they led me to the stairs leading to the basement. The sound was no longer whispers it was now yelling at me in some language I did not understand. I decided to ignore it and I went back to the living room."
My question is, how or why do you *just ignore* something like that? Didn't you wonder who or what was down in the basement? Why didn't you try to find out, or if it scared you, why didn't you run to find your aunt? Why did you just choose to sit in the living room near the basement door? What were you thinking? PS Sorry about your cousin, that's terrible.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
LouSlips took the questions right out of my mouth. My questions to add are: Did you ever tell your aunt or the rest of your family about this incident or how you felt when you went to into the basement? From the tone of the story, I take it that your aunt still lives there (correct me if I'm wrong). Did your aunt ever come and tell you or your family if she ever felt anything in the house? I'm asking because as the mother, she would have felt emotionally weak from the death of her daughter and this demon / thing could have attacked her also. Can you kindly provide some answers?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Justin,
I am sorry to hear about Kim. When something mysterious and tragic happens to a loved one, we grasp for answers. Do you think it is at all possible that you were effected the way you were in the basement, just because it was the place she killed herself?
I think our perception at 5 years old is pretty limited... I believe you when you say her personality changed but we all have personal demons who are not necessarily paranormal.
Some questions on the dark figure incident... I assume it was your aunt's house this happened in at 10 o'clock at night? Where was your aunt? You called to her, was she home? Did she hear the yelling?
Whispering turned to yelling and you decided to ignore it? Renouncing, condemning, cursing, proclaming...maybe? But you just walked away and ignored it?
Also, please explain to me how the faceless figure smiled...?

Lou
Unfriendly (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Hoodzy is right. The house is tainted, but you can worry about healing the house afterwards, first you have to get rid of the uninvited guest. If you really don't want to use a purely spiritual practitioner there are more unorthadox ways of removing demons.
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I've seen suicide cases like this before. It's entirely possible that whatever this 'thing' is was influencing Kim. I've found that spirits have a way of affecting the environment around them to extremes, if they're powerful enough.

If you've started to see things, then it's possible that this creature is trying to antagonize you now. Has your aunt had any experiences like this, at least that she's told you about?

I found that meditation in a peaceful place helped me to block my unwanted entity, but it still didn't get rid of it completely. Perhaps you should talk to a pastor/priest/shaman, or another spiritual person about this (even if you're not 'religious'). If this case is truly demonic, you probably won't be able to get rid of it on your own.

This comment from Unfriendly is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: