You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: April 18, 2011 - The Piano

Real Ghost Stories

April 18, 2011 - The Piano

 

There is something in my bedroom and I can feel it. I can feel it watching me, eyes creeping along my skin like flies on rotten meat. There is something in my bedroom and I can feel it. I can feel it watching me, eyes creeping along my skin like flies on rotten meat. My name is Addie. I am fifteen years old and I live in Texas, and this is my story. I don't know what's going on. I don't know anything about paranormal things, the difference between a ghost and a poltergeist, a demon and an angel, a spirit and a monster. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I just want everyone to know my story.

This all started yesterday night. I am prone to something called "night terrors", and they happen frequently in my bedroom, about two or three every month. Usually, I feel alright in my bedroom. Being a fifteen year old girl, I have posters and pictures on my wall. I am really into music, so I have two guitars and an electric piano propped up against the wall next to these two big picture windows.

Anyway, I was sitting on my bed across from my piano, reading a book and listening to music. I felt a bit weird at that moment, like something was watching me. Suddenly, my electric piano turned on. This is incredibly strange. Usually I leave it on but I had turned it off that day, and I remember exactly when I had turned it off.

I looked up, surprised, and the music started getting louder and louder and began to play faster and faster. Afraid, I jumped out of the bed and screamed. The music stopped and turned off when I did like right at the exact moment.

I ran into my sister's room "What's your problem?" She asked, looking up from the book she was reading. I stood there, shaking and speechless. I told her after a few minutes. She said she didn't hear a thing, she didn't even hear me screaming. You have to understand, our house is TINY and our rooms are not even an inch apart; sometimes we can even hear each other from across the house. But I was baffled and afraid, how could she not hear the music? And how did she not hear me call out her name?

That night, she slept in my room with me. I doubt I will be able to stay in my room by myself for a while.

-- Adleine Streets April 18, 2011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Indie_Addie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

hidden-joker (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
hello, my name is alice.
I, too, have felt as though I'm being watched. Although most people may say this is a story, I believe you are telling the truth.
This site is based on honesty - and I intend to treat each story as I would treat my own.
I believe that you should first check the house - ask your parents about, all that jazz.
If there isn't anything strange, it might be an electrical problem - but I would advise you to check first.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I have to agree with redphx. This was written like a segment from a horror novel or something, very dramatic. If you truly experienced what you did, it could be that there was a problem with the electricity. Who knows. I guess it could have been a spirit, but unless you've had any other experiences, I think it's more likely that you had a lucid dream.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I thought this was interesting the way you wrote it. It did sound more like fiction. But, maybe it was real to you, I was thinking similar to night terrors.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Storm (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
I agree with aiafiath1 and redphx, people feel like they are being watched. I have had that feeling before and I have also had strange things happen to me aswell, similar to your piano turning on.
I'm nearly the same age as you and I was scared the first time I experienced these things, but I got use to it.
I also agree with mabs, I thought it was a poem after I read the first couple of lines 😊
.Storm.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I agree with redphx and Mabs. I'm psychic, and this story doesn't jump out at me. People feel like they are being watched all the time.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
Great story- file under 'fiction'!

I thought it was a poem after reading first few lines!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I have a strong intuition about things. Stories are one of them. This story tugs on my "don't believe" string. I may be tired and it may just be the colorful way you wrote it. It is very likely that it can occur. That is just me though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: