You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My House, My Room, My Life

Real Ghost Stories

My House, My Room, My Life

 

I have always been fascinated by the paranormal. For a while, I was the only one to witness the happenings in my house. Now it has not just been me but my brother, my mom and my sister. All of our experiences are different. I'll share my own and then others.

As long as I could remember I've believed in ghosts. I've always loved hearing ghost stories. Never in a million years did I think that I would have any experience with one. When I was still sharing a room with my mom and sister I had a bed on the far end of the room. One night I was sleeping and I woke up. I don't know what it was but I was too scared to move. It was colder than usual and no one else seemed disturbed. I opened my eyes and I saw no one. I was tired and I just wanted to go back to bed. I relaxed and was ready to go to bed. I was half asleep when I heard someone say my name. I still remember that the voice was deep. When I opened my eyes and looked around I didn't see anything. I immediately called my mom, who turned on the lights. There was no one there but I could still feel that someone was watching me. I went back to bed. I heard the same voice years later in the basement calling my name. A few years later I got my own bedroom. One night I couldn't sleep and was watching TV. I was supposed to go to bed hours earlier but no one else was up so I figured I wouldn't get caught. I was feeling tired so I looked for the remote to turn off the TV. I couldn't find it so when I looked on the floor the remote was there. I reached out for the remote and the TV turned off before I could grab it. I immediately jumped back and laid down.

The next night I went to bed early, not wanting another encounter with whatever happened last night. I woke up at 3:30 am and looked around. I couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on the TV. Around a half hour later I was wide awake and really into this show that was on. A commercial came on and I laid back while I waited for the show to come back on. Next thing I knew, there was a shadow of what looked like a man with a cowboy hat on. It went across my room and into the bathroom without looking at me. The shadow figure walked back across my room maybe 5 minutes later and continued walking to my mom's room next door. I was so scared that I stayed up all night and the night after.

My Brother's Experience:

My Great Grandfather always changed the dial on the thermostat. After my Great Grandfather died my mom would turn off the thermostat and go to bed. However, my mom asked my brother to turn it off one night because she was tired and forgot to. He turned off the TV and laid down for bed. When he was half asleep, he heard a click. He was startled so he got up and turned on the light. The thermostat turned off by itself! The thermostat is old and it is hard to turn off so when he realized that the thermostat turned off by itself he had to tell my mom. My mom told him, "It's Grandpop. That's what you get for not listening."

My mom and sister:

My mom and sister share a room because of the lack of space in our small house. At night they hear the door knob jiggle and one night my mom could've sworn that she heard a knock on the bedroom door. Her room used to be my Great Grandmother and Great Grandfather's room before my Grandmom got sick and moved to the bedroom and my Grandfather passed away. My Great Grandmother has also passed away. Her room has always been spooky to me since I lived in it.

All of us:

On more than one occasion we have heard footsteps when no one is in the rooms that they are coming from, the Christmas lights each year since my Great Grandparents passed away dim and get brighter randomly, electronics turn off and doors make noise like they are opening and closing. When we think we've closed bedroom doors they open on their own. At least once we have all been scared by whatever is in our house. I'm afraid to have people sleep over because of whatever is living in my house.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my stories.:)

Other hauntings by LovinU812

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LovinU812, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
im fasinated with ghost to, but I never had an encounter before. Why are you scared if it might have been your grandparents. One more thing, do you here evil laughter, if so then it might be something demonic
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
LovinU812,
It seems the others have beaten me to the punch about your Grandparents. There's something else you probably should have checked out though. If the house is an older dwelling, actually even if it isn't, I suggest you have the electrical wiring inspected. It's always easier to blame it on the paranormal and not the electrical, but this can be dangerous. It only takes one small spark to cause a raging inferno and no one wants that! But some of what you have documented here are signs of old wiring. And if left unchecked, can at any time produce dangerous sparks.
I don't want to frighten you needlessly, but that should be a priority,
Highnoon (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
Hey LovinU812,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested.

Regards,

Ed
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Well, I think that it most probably is your Great Grandparents. Nothing to really worry about. You can invite friends over, but kind of tell them the situation. Only if the activity gets really bad (e.g. Objects thrown arown the house, or breaking, or evil voices, etc) is when you will have to worry. But, I personally think its your Great-Grandparents.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
bullygram (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
Did your great grand parents had a natural death?

If they had then, your grand parent's sole doesn't know that they are dead. Their sole is still not passed out of earth due to some reason. And every day they go through the some sort of cycle, like they live in their small part of memory, doing the same things again and again. So that's normal, the same thing happened to me also!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
hi there lovinU812 I think that TheNathanNS has got a very good point it could be your great grandparents visiting you and your family.
When you heard your name called the first time had your great grandfather passed?
Like just curious says tell the spirits they are welcome (if you feel that way) but could they please stop doing the things that are frightening your family.
Thanks for sharing
Carl 😊
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
i think its your great grand parents who want to let you know they may have died but they'll still love your family from their hearts and that is probably why they live in your house
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
So far to me it just sounds like the spirits are wanting to let you know that their there. One thing I want to ask. When the relatives passed away, was it in the house or outside of the house? (like at a hospital or something). Another thing I am curious about is do you know how old the house is? If so you may be able to find out if there were any previous deaths in the house.

Another thing to check out to would be if anything had happened on the land prior to the house being built. Like maybe something that would cause a ghost/spirit to want to hang around after the body has passed away.

Also if you want to try it, stand your ground firmly, and tell them in a firm voice what the rules are if they want to hang around. But that's only if they are getting annoying or anything like that and if you want to have them obey certain rules.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: