You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Wasn't My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

It Wasn't My Brother

 

Hey everyone I'm new to this site and just want to share with you one of my chilling ghost stories. This is from a personal experience and scared me so much.

Alright well I'm 15 years old right now and I was about 12 or 13 years old when this happened. Me and my brother share a room and sometimes scare each other every now and then. This was different though, I fell asleep at around 10'o clock I think only to wake up in the middle of the night.

From what I remember it was around 2:00am when I woke up. I was facing my wall and then turned around to look at the time. So I laid back down and heard something. The noise was very strange and unclear but it sounded like floor creaking (which is very possible because our house is old and creeks when you walk on it). But this creaking was loud and lasted for a while. At first I thought it was coming from my hallway but it was really in my room.

I put the blanket over my head and cuddled up in a ball. Then the creaking stopped. I then felt a weird gust of cold wind that didn't even feel like wind. I really couldn't explain what it was but then I heard the creaking again and it got closer to me. I could then feel someone like right over my bed about to go right on top of me. At first I thought it was my brother because I could really feel someone (Like a real person) right about to go on top of me. I could even see a shadow on my wall of someone (I could see a shadow because a little bit of light was coming from my window). I then yelled "Stop it Anthony!" (That's my brother's name) and I turned around real quick swinging my arms hoping to hit something but there was nothing. My brother was sound asleep in his bed and I would have heard him run back or saw him because I turned around really quick.

I then slept in my brother's bed with him for the rest of the night. I stayed away from my bed for about a week and slept with my brother for that long.

That was probably one of the scariest if not the scariest moment of my life.

All I know is that a mid-aged man about in his 50's died in our house because the past owners told us. The past owners only lived in this house for about 2 years which is odd to me.

Anyway that is my story and that isn't the only experience I had. I will post more when I get a chance. Thanks for reading and please leave comments. Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shabam247, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
"It brought back memories of me being scared at night, having the blankets totally wrapped around me and just a small channel left for me to breathe through! Lol, has anyone ever done that?"

Sadly, I know exactly what you mean. I'm 25 and live alone, and I still do this from time-to-time! Usually when my stairs creak, which they do every night. I'm sure it's just the expansion and contraction of the wood, but it always makes me jump! LOL Thanks for the giggle 😆
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
aiafaith1. I've never heard voices talking to me as such, but quite a few times over the years I've been lying in bed and heard my name called when I'm drifting off to sleep. Only once but enough to wake me up.

Also, I used to drink a lot at weekends, friday night to sunday night (back then it wasn't all day drinking in the UK so pubs were closed at certain times), the next few days coming down from the beer used to be weird, I;'d be in bed, not asleep but very tired and I;'d have my eyes closed and I would seefaces coming toward me, loads of them, some weird and distorted, but they looked so real and scarey sometimes I'd have to open my eyes.

This doesn't happen very much now, but when I'm tired, there are times when I'm lying in bed and all of a sudden a see something developing from the patterns... Sometimes I see people, not clear, more like silhuettes (sp?) moving, walking, interacting etc, but again, they look so real, like I'm watching a video or someting. Its not very often it happens and it doesn't happen for long but when it does happen its so weird.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Oh my gosh, I would have been frozen in my bed if that happened to me. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. This was a very interesting story, really. You know, I actually hear voices when I'm trying to go to sleep at night, and they are loud. I used to think they were my imagination until I found out I have the ability to hear spirits. Thanks for sharing, please post any other experiences you have had! 😊
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
BloodRed

There actually have been some other events that happened, I will try to post them on here as soon as I can.
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Interesting story. Have you experienced anything else since?
Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Scary story, and its similar to what I just experienced the other night. I tend to have spirits and ghosts or entities follow me around for years now; because I tend to be extra sensitive to these kinds of things, and can tell if something is haunted just by looking at it. Just the other night, I was laying in bed after getting up to go to the washroom, it was around witching hour (3:00am) I was half asleep after settling back into bed. A loud bang came from the kitchen, and our motion censored Rooster started clucking wildly. Just as all this was happening, I felt a gust of cold wind sweep through me, and it sounded like something when you get hit in the head with something. (A thrash sound) I instantly knew something was in the room with me, and it wasn't anyone I knew who died recently. It was darker than that... I snapped open my eyes and saw nothing, as it was gone...
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Gosh, I'm 41 and I still occasionally do the bed jump. I sometimes get creeped out in my room at night (even though my husband is right there) and also in stair wells, which I have heard attract spirits because they are liminal spaces (i.e. In between or not belonging to one side or the other). I have had similary experiences when I have been absolutely positive I was not asleep. I also occasionally experience the sensation of something walking on my bed. Feels like a small pet like a cat, but of course there's no cat there. I don't know what it is. It doesn't feel evil, but it scares me. For what it's worth, I believe you.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Imarealghost and otteer! OMG! You both brought me memories of my childhood!
One time when I turn off the light I heard a noise and I ran so fast to jump on the bed that I miss the bed some how and landed next to the dresser! LMAOL! 😆
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
My Grandma's house sound like that that creak when you walk in middle of the night to go to the bathroom even days time still make that noise plus like stumping sound too which the house is very old and make noise... Maybe the man is harmless seem won't hurt you just courious who this kids in bed asleep like *Thinking who this kid in bed? Its new people in this house* know what I mean what ghost thinking or wonder...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
This is too funny! I'm reading through these comments just cracking up! It takes me back too.
For me, bedtime wasn't about ghosts scaring me, it was that dang monster under my bed that I just knew would grab me if it could. Yes, we all remember the countdown, the dash, and (I love the word Shabam used) the "launch" onto the bed. Trying to get covered up quick and wrap the blankets and sheets around every inch of my body. Not a toe or elbow showing. And NEVER let your arm hang over the side for the monster to grab!
This is too much fun!
Thank you Shabam. 😆 😆 😆
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Creepy story here shabam. It must of been scary to have that happen to you. I have only had Spirits in my bedroom and more in this bedroom I am in at the moment. I don't like it one bit, they are very mean and start messing around with my computer.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
haaha all these stories are funny! I'm 15 and still do the old set up my blankets perfectly for me to jump onto, then I wait a good minute by the light. The CLICK! Sprint halfway then launch myself onto my bed! I have am not embarrased or ashamed at all! 😆
DarkIsMyEnemy (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
wow I use to put a blanket over my head when I was little all the time
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I believe you...

Quote by Javelina

" you can tell a lot by the way someone describes that "feeling" you get when a spirit is that close, especially if you can't see them. If you've never had that feeling, you'd be hard pressed to describe it. So, yes I believe this occurred just how you described it. And I don't blame you for jumping in your brothers bed, your first experience can be a bit shocking to your psyche"

Well said although I have never had that feeling!
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Haha, otteer. Yea. I used to have loads of trouble getting into bed... It never used to occur to me to pull the covers open before turning the light out though. Haha

I'm also pretty sure I banged my toes a few times on that long journey from the switch to the bed adding sheer pain to the terror of being out in the darkness! Hehe
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I do believe you had a frightening experience but the dream thing I mentioned was just one possible explanation.

I read your story again, lol its really creepy.

I'm looking forward to reading about your other experiences.

😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
LOLOL Imarealghost... Oh my gosh, such a perfect discription! My sister and I used to do the 6 foot dash from the light switch to our beds...it's a miricle we didn't crash into the wall, the end of the beds or the chest of drawers while leaping 3 feet to our beds in perfect pitch black darkness... I remember the running... One, two,three, leap! And the frantic fumble to get under those damned sheets and blankets my mother so TIGHTLY tucked under the mattress! Didnt she realize our life was at stake every time we turned out the lights? Sheesh! Lololol!
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Thanks everyone for the comments! I realy appreciate it! I am 101 percent sure that it was not a dream. If you have any questions about the story please ask!
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
quote by otteer
"It brought back memories of me being scared at night, having the blankets totally wrapped around me and just a small channel left for me to breathe through! Lol, has anyone ever done that?"

I was terrible! I was terrified of the dark as a child. I used to hate going to bed, me and my younger brother would take it in turns to turn the light off in our bedroom. When it was my turn it would be a long count down from 5. "FIIIIIIIVE... *long pause* fooooooooooooour... *even longer pause* theeerreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *longer longer pause* twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... ONE! Then switch off, then a 5000MPH dash toward the bed, diving onto the bed and a fight with the covers trying to get under them as quick as possible but never quick enough, trying desperately to avoid looking into the darkness of the room incase I saw something scarey! Then it would be like you, covers over my head with a little hole to breath through! LOL
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Great story. I look forward to the others you have. It may have been that man. He was probably just checking you out and once he realized he scared you like that he didn't do it again.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
shabam247 great story! And welcome!

I, like otteer used to cover myself with my blanket and I hated when it was too hot because I was afraid to uncover myselft thinking someone might reach out and touch me! Lol!

I believe it was the older gentleman that pass away the one who was in your room. I'm glad you had your brother to run to. I would of done the same! Lol

Thanks again for sharing and keep us updated if anything else happens!

Looney ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Shabam247,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

It brought back memories of me being scared at night, having the blankets totally wrapped around me and just a small channel left for me to breathe through! Lol, has anyone ever done that?

I personally cannot feel when a spirit is in the room with me, which is sad, I have felt cold spots before but never made a connection to spirit activity until after the fact. I have a tendency to pick up on emotion, very slight, but tangible and hear things. I did try and push my cat off my bed once, only to find nothing there but air and a warm spot, no cats in sight. I remember my shoulder smarting cause I swung hard expecting to make contact, (my cats are bigggg) but met none and ended up wrenching my shoulder somewhat.

Thank you for sharing your story, please write more!
bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
i agree with Javelina and 510mot. I used to live in an old house and I would always hear floor creaking in the middle of the night and feal that someone is watching me but I moved out now and living in a nice house. Thanks for sharing your story.
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
What you experienced, something sitting on your bed, being terrified under your covers...etc, reminds me of something that happened to me many years ago when I was about 11... Staying at my nans house. I loved my nan but HATED that house and always thought it was haunted so sleeping under the covers there was pretty much the norm...actually...it was the norm at home too as I was always scared of the dark anyway. To make matters worse at my nans tho, I was allergic to the covers she had on her beds so sleeping there was a nightmare in itself, LOL!

Anyway... One night I was there, it was very quiet, about 1am or so I think... Very dark in the room and I always found it quite eerie... But I heard first a scraping sound... Then I heard something moving in the room... I was absolutely terrified... I could feel the chill go through my body from the fear... That horrible feeling in my stomach... Heart punding away like crazy... But then whatever was moving in the room I had NO idea but then, just like you... It felt like something was climbing on the bed and I could feel something moving as tho walking over my feet, then a pressure on my feet... Like something lying across them... Then I realised... It was my nans dog sooty! I can't tell you how relived I was, but I was still too creeped out to come out of my covers. LOL.

Anyway. You are obviously not asking for help or advice and are just sharing your experience, but unlike most people here, I personally wouldn't put your experience down to ghosts or spirits...I'd say it was most likely a weird dream, a night terror or something like that... Which apparently can seem very real and terrifying when they happen. I could be wrong tho ofcourse and I'm not closed minded to other explanations.

Thanks for sharing your story 😊
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I agree with Javelina. Your decription of the creaking is what convinced me. The atmosphere in a room can change vastly when a spirit manifests in a small room causing the walls and even the ceiling to groan and creak. That sound is distinctly different from someones weight making the floor creak. I believe you.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
shabam247,
Welcome, and congratulations on your first published story here at YGS, and I sure hope you will post more of your stories because you already have a good style of writing. It was a good read.
Here's what always gets me about the stories here; you can tell a lot by the way someone describes that "feeling" you get when a spirit is that close, especially if you can't see them. If you've never had that feeling, you'd be hard pressed to describe it. So, yes I believe this occurred just how you described it. And I don't blame you for jumping in your brothers bed, your first experience can be a bit shocking to your psyche.
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: