You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Dead Uncle's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Uncle's House

 

eople say that when you see a shadow in your closet, it's just your imagination. When you hear footsteps in your attic, you're most likely dreaming. When you feel a cold draft against your face, it's just the wind. A lot of people say this because they believe it's true. But a lot of people also say because they're in denial. They don't want to believe that ghosts are real, that people and houses can possibly be haunted, because they don't want to live in fear. Of course, there are the majority of people that say it just to bug you, but it's their loss. My aunt Tara was the example of denial.

It happened late on a warm summer evening, August 13th, 2010. I was sitting on the couch watching a movie with my aunt when I felt the hairs on my arms rise, and all of a sudden the room got very cold. I remember looking to her and asking if she felt the temperature drop, and she said no. Through the whole rest of the movie I was uneasy and it felt like something was tugging on my pant leg slightly.

When I went to bed I clearly remember closing my blinds, shutting the window and closing my door as well as my closet. When I woke up the next morning everything was open. I assumed it was my mom; she liked to check in on me when I slept. But I'm sure she wouldn't open my closet, nor would she open my window all the way and let me freeze in my sleep.

That's when things started to get really strange. My aunt Tara asked me to get her broken camera from the basement (she wanted to get my uncle to fix it.) I was about to go down the basement stairs when the room got really, really cold, as in so cold it was painful. Everything was quiet for a few seconds, and then my grandma's antique lamp flew off the shelf, and I mean flew. It was as if someone threw it, and it shattered when it hit the floor. I then heard a slight rustling of boxes from below the stairs (there's an area there where we store crates so we can have more room.) I felt a light hand on my back, and then it seemed to push me slightly so I stumbled. I was extremely afraid and ran out of the basement.

After telling my aunt Tara about what happened, she seemed very angry with me. She denied everything. She said the lamp was the shelf (apparently it was an "old, weak" shelf and couldn't support the heavy glass lamp.) She also said I was imagining the rustling and the hand. Yet when she explained this it seemed as if she was trying to be mad about it, and she seemed disturbed and uneasy. I tried my hardest to get her to believe me but she stayed persistent. Eventually she just left the room.

This is when I began to get scared.

I was getting ready for bed when I felt a sharp pain on my ankles. I set up my bed and examined my feet, and was horrified at what I discovered. Two thin red lines were aligned perfectly on the backs of my ankles, and one spot on my foot was dark red. At this point I realized this was the proof I needed to get my aunt to believe me.

When she saw the marks, she began to cry, telling me about how this was her deceased ex-boyfriend's house and they'd never gotten along well. We talked a lot that night, and we finally agreed that it might be him. We never understood why he wanted to hurt me though. I still am currently experiencing activity like this, yet not as severe (some of which includes creaking, moving chairs and my dog barking at my love seat.) Can anyone please help me?

Other hauntings by white_roses84

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, white_roses84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
white_roses84: These activities are mainly centered around you, so he is obviously after your attention for some reason. The events that have occured do seem to be negative but I am also getting the feeling that maybe he likes you but doesn't know how to show it!

It reminds me of when a kid at school mainly a boy likes a girl the same age, he did things like pull there hair and be mean to them to get there attention, whilst really he is doing that because he likes her! Hope that makes sense. There is the possibility that this may not be the case but it is something else to think about.

Some more details on your age and your similarities to your Auntie would be great, also Taz has brought up some good points also. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Taz,
As usual, you took all the questions out of my mouth.

White Rose,
Got to add my question to the list. The way your story sounds, your aunt must of lived there longer than you have. Am I correct? Has this ghost effected or haunted your aunt before this? Also, has this ghost bothered anybody else in your house?
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Hi white_roses84,

Could it be that you look a lot like your aunt when she was younger? Perhaps this old ghostly boyfriend of hers does think you are her? Talk to him and tell him to let you be. Thank you for sharing.

Greetings:
Peter
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Frightening. You must try to stay calm, and be strong. But most of all, you must tell this spirit to leave you alone! Kindly, but firmly, say stop bothering me, you are aware of him, but he needs to move on. There is nothing for him here now. He needs to let go of any negative feelings he has been harboring, no matter what the circumstances were, or whatever is he thinks he has to hang around for, and just move on. Perphaps, tell him you wish him well, or pray for him, but he has to let go--hopefully finds peace. Your well being is important, so try to watch, observe, see what else happens, but try to stay calm. Good luck.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
white_roses84 one more quicky how old are you? Just wondered
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Well, this spirit seems to be entirely agitated at you for some reason. I'm sorry but I don't agree with redphx on this one. Yes, it is his house, but now other people are living in the house. Tell this Spirit that he has to behave himself and that he cannot hurt anybody living in this house. He has to stop or he might actually hurt someone. Maybe tell him that he needs to behave himself, and if he behaves himself, he can still visit the house, as long as he doesn't hurt anybody else. But if he continues hurting you or anybody living in the house, then tell him its time to leave.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
white_rose84 can you quickly answer a few questions I have?
1) did you mention the tugging sensation to your aunt?
2) did you mention any of this to your mom? Or ask her if it was her that opened everything in your room?
3) you say before you went down to the basement the room went cold... Lamp flys of shelf... Rustling in boxes under stairs then slight shove~run out of basement at what point did you go down to the basement?
4) the marks on your foot makes aunt tell about house was ex b.f's (dead) who never got along with aunt! Why would she still be in the house? Was it left in a will? But then if a person does not get on that well with someone they don't give them a house!
5) in your last story~ that lustful entity you say you were married where was your husband during all this?

I know this sounds like I'm picking at holes but could you please fill in the blanks for me thanks
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Maybe he just doesn't like you. I don't like some people and to be honest if I was a ghost and they were in my house I would abuse them too. He is entitled to his opinion of you. I would ask him to stop and if he doesn't there really isn't much you can do about it. It is in fact his house. I would also see if you can ask permission to stay in certain areas of the house. Hi, can I please sleep in here. I won't bother any of your things if you please dont' bother me. Also see if your aunt can't get him to stop. He may be bordering on thinking this is funny because he wants to get at your aunt.
momof2 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I'm sorry for your Aunts loss!

As for the spirit, the best thing to always do is talk with it. Explain that if it doesn't bother with you, you won't bother with it. I did this as a child, worked most of the time for me.
If it makes you feel uneasy and persists, I would suggest directly and sternly telling it to leave!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: