You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Our Cat Jesse

Real Ghost Stories

Our Cat Jesse

 

My brother and I have 3 cats. Tasha (my cat) is a long haired Angora, Menew (My dad's cat) is a short hair Russian blue. And then there is Jesse. Jesse was my brother's cat, and she lived a long, happy life. She lived to be 17 (that's REAL old for a cat, if you believe in that dog years thing that applies for cats, she would of been 119 years old human years).

She was loved by all of us, and we would pet her, and we would love her as much as all the cats. Well, my cat Tasha is a little B*tch. She will attack any cat I pet. She would attack Jesse, and I think one day she really hurt her. Jesse would just lay on our floor and stay there. We knew she would die soon. We put food next to her, water and even my brother would sleep next to her. When she died, I was the last one petting her, and laying next to her. We buried her in my grandmother's backyard. My brother wrapped her in his favorite blue blanket. All our cats are girls, also. Even as I write this, although she died a year or two ago, I am crying like a little baby.

But one night, I was laying down and I felt a cat on the bed and I go to pet her, thinking it's my cat, and I feel nothing but warmth. I was sure it was jesse. I don't know why she came to me when she was Tyler's (my brother) cat. I felt comforted though, so I fell asleep. Then my brother got a new cat from my uncle, and he named it teddy (our first boy cat). It was scary. The kitten looked just like Jesse when she was younger. We got him spaded (neutered) and he would go to the bathroom all over. We brought him to the pound, with everyone crying, and we ended up getting him back, since we couldn't take it. After that, I saw him meowing to another cat, and there was not one there. After that, he stopped going all over.

Please, someone help me clear this up.

Other hauntings by Tmetsfan31

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tmetsfan31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thank you for this touching story. I think that Jessy still comes to you, even though it was your brother's cat, but like you said you were the last person to lay beside him when he passed and he probably knows that by letting you know that it happy, that you can pass it on to your brother that Jessy is happy and that Jessy loved all of ya'll.
Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Josey909 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
...
My 4th-5th grade teacher had a cat named Jesse, and she died of old age too.
By the way, what kind of cat was Jesse?
I also really liked your story. 😊
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hey, just as an update, I can't really here her anymore, so that means she has moved on. I hope she has.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
That's a very sad story. It sounds like you were closer to Jesse than your brother was. That's problably why she's with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Welcome back Tmetsfan, sorry I didn't catch your post earlier on the others story. Hope you can stick around for a while.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
This is a really sad story and I'm sorry about the loss of your much loved pet. Although I myself have never owned pets I know that pets are like part of the family and losing them could be just as traumatic. I just hope that her memory(your cat) still lives on with you because I know it won't be as easy to forget about her. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope your pain is neutured. Stay blessed xx
ghostlygirl (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Sorry, my lil' sis and I have to share accounts, and she always called our dog Quarto, but his real name was Quartorean.
ghostlygirl (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
I had a simular experience when my large dog, Quarto, died. I was playign with our other dog, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a ghostly shape of Quarto. I turned my head and saw that the dirt was packed in, like a large creature had beem laying on it. It helps me to talk to my pets that have crossed over, I still cry for Quarto.
ozonalions (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
wow it is cool to know your cat is still there . When I see ghost I get a warm feeling that they are watching over us
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Yea, I had a similar thing happen with my cat AnnaBelle when she died, I still cry and it's been 3 years...she's been dead now almost as long as she was alive. But I still hear her bells, and her meowing (she had a very different meow than either of my cats now it was more of a bark) but yea. I know how you feel. Happy but miss her still.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Thank you ErinT. I accidentally put down I needed help with this, but I dont. I guess I scrolled down too much. I read your story, and it was touching. Thank you for posting
ErinT (9 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
This is a touching story. I think your brothers cat was either saying goodbye or doesn't want to leave. I have experienced simular with two of my cats that died. Read my story My Cats Last Goodbyes. I found comfort in it, I hope you do too :) and I still cry like a baby too when I think of my cats that have passed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: