You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Am I Been Hunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Been Hunted?

 

So my family and I have just moved into a town home down in Aurora. I love our home, you no nothing ever seemed weird or off. My husband use to do some overtime grave yard shifts until recently he stopped.

When we moved in there was still a little work that had to be done in the house, the kitchen wall had painter's plastic covering it. I remember that any little breeze of air would make it move and make a sound. I remember being al alone downstairs watching a movie (scary at that) when I heard the plastic move. I thought it was the little once who had woken up so I got up to check, to my surprise no one was there. Keep in mind there were no fans on and no air vent near that wall either. So I dropped it.

The night's when my husband was not home I would hear furniture being moved around but never saw no such thing when I would check. Months passed and my most horrifying experience ever happened.

My husband had gone to work the graveyard shift. I had finally lain down to sleep but could not y fall asleep so I let my mind wonder. I turned around to my left side. I figured I would try to get a little more comfortable, and then I saw my husband sitting at the left edge of the bed his back facing me but him turning around to look at me. I felt something off he looked a little weird and I could remember hearing him come in. As I was about to ask him what was wrong a horrible feeling came in, I remember "Wait this can't be him, my babe doesn't get home until 6am" In a panic I started to try and get of the bed this black shadow man turned around climbed on the bed and started crawling closer and closer to me. I fell of the bed and got up to run to the light. As I was about to turn them on this black shadow man was standing right in front of me looking at me, as soon as they went on he wasn't there. I ran out the room, and called my husband. He didn't answer but returned my call. Crying and scared I told him what happened.

I remember I could not go to sleep until the sun started coming out. Although I wished it had stopped there it didn't and a few weeks later it happened again, a little different but the same thing. My husband was again on the graveyard shift, I was ready to go to sleep, then I heard my squeaky door open, I figured one of the girls had woken up. I got up to go tell them to go lay down. I thought it was weird that they hadn't open the door all the way, when I did I realized there was no one there I got a very bad feeling again. In a panic I tried to turn on the light but I rushed to the lamp it didn't work. I freaked out feeling there was something in there with me I rushed to the light and finally they turned on, the feeling of someone being there was gone, but the fear was still with me, after that the night. I would be home alone I would sleep on the couch, finally after months in my room but always with the light on.

Since then I had other experiences I am afraid to share with my husband for fear of him not believing me. My mom-in-law told me I should ask this thing what it wants from me. I refuse to.

What am I supposed to do.?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, penny16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
"Cold iron" is sometimes asserted to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

Or try keeping some chem lume sticks on hand, for those times when the lamp won't turn on.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
you must get your husband in on this... Try and have HIM confront this thing... I read a similiar case, and when the wife was about to walk into the room to confront this doppelg, the doppel walked into a closet, closed the door. Never to be seen again.
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
your mom-in-law's right... You can't shrug it off. And it won't go all by itself. So better try speaking to it... Try understanding what this doppleganger wants... I know its going to be terrifying... But hold a crucifix or something... It will help... Take care... ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
I agree with the suggestion that you should tell the entity to leave in a calm and firm manner. Personally, I have found that candles help with getting rid of Spirit, or negative entities. What I would do (this is just a suggestion), is light a candle and go (with the lit candle in your hands) around to every room and every corner of the house and "bless" it. Basically recite a Protection prayer and ask [insert belief system here] God or whoever you believe in for protection and to protect your house and your family.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
As many below have suggested, just feeling empowered will go a long way in getting rid of this entity. Before you go to bed say- out loud- no one is welcome in your home but you and your family, then as redphx suggested, imagine you, your family and your home surrounded by white light. You should do this every night because if enough time goes by without reinforcing your protections the entity might come back.

Best of luck to you!
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Hi;

Well, I'm sorry this had happened to you in your new home. All the incidents you describe are classic demonic oppression - not even harassment. There is no pretense here; it is actually showing itself to you. Try using Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night, and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. Watch the reaction. That's a good start, but may well not be enough. I hope this stops. Email me, if you need more. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com. Jim
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I agree with everyones comments. One thing though, if you don't want to communiciate with it because you don't want to empower it, then don't give it the satisfaction that it is causing you to keep things from your husband. Tell your husband what's going on. If he dosnt believe you, that's his problem, just remember you didn't know when you moved into this home that an entity came with it so you can NOT be held responsible for not being happy in your new home! Bless you, I'm glad you found this place!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
that is so freaky! I can't stand how scary that is. I would never sleep again. In fact I would go to work with my husband and wait in the car all night.

First you should evoke some white light into your home. Pray to who ever gives you strength. Think about the white light surrounding your home and your kids. Be strong, do this every night even if you think nothing will happen. If he does appear in your bed again. Demand he leaves. Envision him being blasted with white light and fleeing your home. You can protect yourself from him. Don't try and talk to him because that will make him think you want to interact.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
what more did it do to you that you don't want to tell your husband about? You should tell him, he has believed you so far.

Suggestions:
1. Move out (last option).

2. Get a priest or other religious figurehead to pray/bless the house or exorcise the demon/entity.

3. Get a medium to communicate with it.

4. Research the house/neighbourhood to find out if any activity occurred there to might have triggered this attack on you.

5. Sleep with the light on.

6. Sleep with your children.

7. Set up a camera in the room, mind you don't look at the video without your mom or your husband present.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Oh wow, this thing whatever it is sounds really scary. You must be terrified. I don't blame you for not wanting to have any kind of communication with it. I probably wouldn't confront it either. Doing a cleansing with the sage is a great idea like Silent_Observer suggested. I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but having your home blessed is also a good way to keep the bad/negative spirits away. And like Devious said, talk to you husband about what is going on. You will get much better results if you and your husband stand together against it. Hope everything works out for you, keep us posted.
momof2 (9 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I understand your fear! But the others are right, you need to face it. Even if you have a friend come sleep over on those nights you're husbands is gone, and have her help you stand up to this entity!

Every belief system works, weather praying, casting or simply directing it to leave you be.

You have to be strong, show no fear and use back up if needed.
Try holding an object that means safety and love to you specifically, while demanding it to leave. You can even sleep with this object under your pillow or on your night stand.

Hope this helps, Mom
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I absolutely agree with the below two comments. Don't allow yourself to be bullied in your own home, and always bear in mind the welfare of your family. If this entity is there to harass you SPECIFICALLY, well I suppose that's one thing that you can deal with on your own... But if thing accosts your children, or your husband and he had no idea what was going on...well, I know I'd be upset if I were in his shoes. If nothing else discuss it with him, and let him know how seriously this scared you.

Another thing you can try is maybe setting up a video recorder in your bedroom (where most of the activity seems to happen) and keep it on while you sleep. If there is something there, you may be able to show your husband proof. I know you don't want to communicate with this thing since you mentioned you don't really want to ask what it wants, but you CAN at least tell it to go away.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Many of the thinks Silent_Observer mentioned is really good and should be tried. I think many religions do this, especially in my Hindu culture. We have a priest come in and say prayers and bless the house before we move in so that we get rid of unwanted beings. If you haven't done it yet, why don't you call someone like a priest from your faith to bless the house? It wouldn't hurt to try it and it wouldn't hurt to bless yourself, your children, and husband.

It must also be hard for you not being able to talk to someone about this. I know you said you didn't talk to your husband this because you felt he wouldn't believe you. Why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him and see what he thinks. If he sees how serious and scared you are, then maybe he would believe you. If he doesn't believe you, then you know now not to go to him for any help.

Many people, out of fear, don't want you doing some or all of the suggestions made by Silent_observer and myself. But tell them (including your husband) that you are doing it for your safety, fear, and your sanity. If anyone really care enough about you, they will let you do whatever necessary to protection your family.
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Hmm... Sounds serious. Or at least the fear is! Most people will tell you to pray (to whatever deity you follow.) And if that works for you, then you can't go wrong.

But personally, I'd recommend you empower yourself. Try to practice not being fearful around this thing (it could be one of those entities that feed off of your fear.) Since you refuse to make personal communication with it (for whatever reasons I know you must have!) you can always try a spiritual bedroom cleansing, exorcism (?), or at least some incense. I hear sage/dragon's blood are good for clearing the room of 'bad vibes,' to say the least.

At first, when you described the ghost, my initial thought was "dopple ganger?" But now, I'm wondering if it's some kind of a shapeshifter. You might want to do more research. But again, if you don't want to get your 'hands dirty' or want keep your distance, you can always turn to a Higher Source for help.

These are just my own two cents. Good luck, and please take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: