You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I See Them

Real Ghost Stories

I See Them

 

Hey, everybody, this is my first story. These are just snips of ghosts I've seen, believe me, I've seen a lot!

I was walking past this old abandoned hospital. It was a rainy day, and I was looking down in the puddles. I saw people dressed as doctors and nurses running up the steps that led to the hospital. I looked up, but the nearest person to me was way down the street, and the doors of the hospital were also bolted tight.

One night I was staying with my Grandpa. It was late evening. He owned a farm, so I was going out and checking all the chickens and ducks were in. I was just passing a corner, when I saw these shadows; they were dancing. I also noticed that rope was hanging from their necks. But, when I turned a corner, there was a lonely oak tree. I asked my Grandpa. He said a long time ago, when the Normans invaded Ireland, they hung monks from the trees. There is a round tower near where he lives.

Another day with my Grandpa I was walking his dog, Major, through the meadows. There was a river flowing through this particular meadow. I had an uncle who had drowned in this river. I sat down near the river while Major went up the meadow chasing rabbits. Just then, I saw a ghostly figure just a few meters from me. He was looking into the river. I had seen pictures of my dead uncle before, so I recognized him almost immediately. But, this ghost just walked into the river and dissolved into the water.

Do you think these are really ghosts?

Please comment, and if I get a good response, I'll share other ghost stories with you.

Other hauntings by KasperMoon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KasperMoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
major is such a nice name for a dog... Did he manage to catch any rabbits?
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
OK, thanks for your time, Kenco!
Who keeps negative voting my parts? πŸ˜•
Kenco16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
It's okay, and wow noway 😁. I have read your other stories I think they're good as well 😁.
GhostFox (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Thanks Kenco!
I don't know, but since I was young I always have been sensitive to the paranormal. I could even tell my mother who was coming before they even entered my village. Please read my other encounter.
(It sounds really embellished, you may not believe every detail)
Kenco16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Wow you have some really spooky stories 😁. They sound to me like these spirits have wanted you to see them for some reason maybe? Like your uncle (Sorry for your loss by the way) anyway get back to me please 😁.
GhostFox (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
ddsmithj
What do you mean? Is ZuShu trying to use me, somehow?
Thanks, but I mightn't contact any mediums for the time being. I'm sorry it's just I don't want anybody using me.
But thanks anyway.
ddsmithj (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
GhostFox,
Please don't contact Zishu anymore because he will try to recruit you for somthing and with your abilitys he will put you down. Second the main thing id like to say if you would like to discuss with me more with your problems feel free to email me at any time. I am a medium so I will be able to help you out.
By the way my mom just got back from irland and she loved it. I want to go some day.
UberassassinxX [at] gmail.com
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
Justin
GhostFox (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Yes, I see orbs all the time. My cousing was with me in my basement one night and we saw an orb and he dared me to touch it. I did but I felt so strange, it was like something came through me.
Now mists? Do mist ghost just rise from the ground?
I may have seen one before, but I just thought it was fog.
Why would you run away from shadows? Do they attack you?!
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Besides ghosts and shadows, do you see other spirits such as orbs and mists?
I'd like to speak to you more about orbs if you can see them. These ghosts are more of memories, the ones that you see repeat their deaths or the same things a lot. The lost souls are the ones that may interact with you. I'd stay away from most shadow ones.
GhostFox (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Thanks for reading, DARKNESS!
Okay, about the monks.

I don't think they wre really 'dancing'. I just like putting poetic words into my stories! 😳
Well, there was an idea in this comments page that they were kicking involuntary while being choked and I also said that it was usually stormy nights when the Normans hung monks so it could be quite windy.
Yes, they were tied to a tree and I could see the rope attached to a tree branch and to their necks.
Is that enough information on the monks?

Yes, I also think my uncle was visiting me one last time. I also said in previous comments that I thought I saw a faint smile on his face.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Firstly welcome to the site GhostFox a very good story you have here. I'm wondering when you seen the monks dancing with rope around there neck could you explain this more? Because at first thoughts I was thinking this is residual haunting but could very well be intelligent if these shadows are actually on the ground dancing with the rope still attached Hmmm or were they in the tree? I think your Uncle wanted one more visit with you you should feel blessed!😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
geetha50
Well, I haven't seen mu uncle's ghost for ages now. Maybe it was just a last farewell? But, all the same, I would love to try and talk to him.

Lilady4
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Well Ghostfox, I was thinking that the 'hospital ghosts' you saw probably were an imprint in time. Basically, these 'ghosts' are just reliving the past and making an 'memory imprint/replay', as it were.
But I do think you probably did/do see Spirit. It is quite annoying and frightening, but it'll be fine.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
You can try a medium. But I was thinking along the lines of you just talking to your uncle's spirit. That is if you are up to it. I certainly wouldn't do it personally! πŸ˜† But than again, I'm a big coward! (even if it's the spirit of a favorite uncle.

I just put some suggestions out there.
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Louise21
Yes, there is a lot of tormented monks' souls in Ireland and there are many more besides these spirits. Especially at the time famine, where it killed more than half of the population.

Otteer
Yes, do visit. Ireland is a wonderful place. I recommend visiting Killarney, Co. Kerry; exquisite!
The Roman soldier ghost freaked me out! Maybe, while he was walking down that road, an enemy jumped out at him, and chopped him in half! Sounds crazy, but stuff to do with the paranormal usually is!

Geetha50
Do you mean with a medium of some sort? No, I haven't really thought about it, but I might try it sometime in the future! 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Got one more question for you. Have you tried getting in contact with your uncle?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Louise21,
I can imagine how they must feel. I would give my eye-teeth to go to Ireland to see the land of my ancestors... I'm making it a goal of mine to take my son to see Scotland (his fathers side) and Ireland (my side). Both countries have struggled throughout the centuries to just "be", they have my admiration.
My sister and mother have been in both countries, my sister is sensitive which made for some interesting nights for my mother, her daughter was seeing some really strange, strange things (saw 1/2 of a roman soldier walking down the road one evening... Walking along the orginal grade some 4 feet down) chills!
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I think all them places around the counrty like towers and abby's have such a heavy feeling around them. Ireland had such a morbid history from the days of the Normans right up until the early 1900's if I lived here back then I would probably haunt the place too.! πŸ˜†
GhostFox (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
JamesRobiscoe
Thanks for reading! The "doin' the rope dance" cracked me up! πŸ˜†

Otteer
Yeah, that's how life was like for monks way back in Ireland. Thanks for your time to read this!

To everyone who wants another story of mine published, I'll do it right away when the publishing opens again. (One more day, ugh!) 😠
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Wow, you do have a gift.\
I couldn't tell you what you were seeing but the monks gave me a chill! I just finished watching a documentary called "A short history of Ireland" It showed the tall towers of stone, used as guides, beacons and protection by monks during invasions. Usualy one entrance wayyyy up high, accessed by rope ladder then pulled up when there was a threat. There usually is a church nearby these towers, which means they were a central hub of the population and a grave yard is nearby usually. Lots of history, violence, emotions and turmoil back in those times, you are blessed you can see the residual energy. I'm also glad you got to see your Uncle may he rest in peace.
Yes, please do write more! ❀
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
GhostFox--Thanks for the snippets. As noted, the occurences as you describe could be of different levels, different wavelengths and motivation.
Any story from the Enchanted Isle has a built-in likelihood and therefore interest. So more, please!
Incidentally, an expression common to the days of public hangings is that criminals were "doin' the rope dance." ~ James
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Anu_your_wellwisher
Thanks so much for reading; I hope you enjoyed it.
Maybe you could read some more of my stories soon?
I would start typing straight away, only the publishing is not open until Monday. 😒
Anu_your_wellwisher (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
whoo...those moments would be your thrilling moments... I think... But anyway I do believe that it is a ghost... Where you mentioned that it was your uncle...well...take care... God bless you 😊

Anu 😊
GhostFox (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Wow! Thanks for all the comments!

Hoodzy
I think you're right about the residual thing.
No, my uncle was herding cattle into that meadow and one of the cows kicked him, and he fell in. I think he was stunned for a while and couldn't get up, so he drowned.

Geetha50
Thank you for your kind comment!
Yes, I only saw the ghosts for a number of seconds but I saw my uncle for a minute or more.
Feelings?
Well, I felt scared at the ghosts that were hung, because I was afraid they might want revenge and hang me then. (Luckily that didn't happen, because I ran away!)
I felt sad for the hospital ghosts because an old lady who lived there once told me that years ago a bad case of TB overcame the village where the hospital was. I even think that the doctors and nurses were killed by the disease because it was too strong.
And I think I felt happy for seeing my uncle again. I really did miss him when he died so I felt relieved that he was with me.

DeviousAngel
Thank you! I have a few more stories to write, so maybe you would like a read of them too?

Guyinsane2008
I'm sorry about that. But the encounters were so short that I hadn't much to write about. But the next time I write a story, I'll keep it in mind.

Bacchaegrl
Yes, guyinsane2008 could be right. And also I might add is that the when the Normans used to hang the monks it was usually a stormy night, so maybe the wind was blowing these ghosts?

Redphx
It makes me confused too! Thanks for reading and check out my new story soon.
By the way, I'm not really a ghost expert, so what does 'intelligent' mean?

Taz890
Finding out is no problem in my family. They prefer to share memories on, so they talk about my uncle whenever I ask. Look above and there's some info on my uncle. And also, when I was looking at his face, I thought I saw a flicker of a smile. Was this to show that he missed me?

Thanks for all the comments! I'll start another story soon! Look out for it!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
hi ghostfox personaly I think 2 if not all 3 these were residual hauntings/ psycic impressions.
Agree with hoodzy, the hospital experiance does sound like a psycic impression/ movie replay.
Now the monks still having the rope around there necks could be the same as the hospital, a replay of events past like when people hear sounds of battles in fields.

Now with your uncle this could be harder to find out information as familys do not like to talk or think about a person taking there own life. But if you can get someone to talk about it I would surgest asking if it was an accident or if he just walked into the river like you saw.

Please keep us up dated on any thing you find out
Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
i do think you are seeing ghosts. The hospital experience sounds residual. An energy that plays itself out over and over. Though lately I am coming to a new understand of residual. Since time doesn't exist and it is in fact linear maybe these residual hauntings are a time warp of sorts. They are actually living in their time and we just see it like a show. It can get very confusing if I keep thinking about it.

The other two sound more intelligent to me. Literally speaking your uncle one sounds like it could be residual but since he isn't really replaying something he is just depressed I would consider intelligent
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Guyinsane2008. I admitted they were nooses, I stated that in my comment. But I understand that dancing could be a poetic way of saying that the ghosts were swinging from the nooses, so, you got me there.
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
guyinsane2008- 'Psychic impressions' aren't ghosts at all. They're just scenes from a point in time that play over and over in the place they occurred.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
[at] bacchaegrl

I don't think the monks were dancing. He is implying that the monks were hanged. They were probably kicking involuntarily as they were being choked to death. The rope around their necks would probably be their...um...noose...just thinking out loud here...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Why were the ghosts with nooses around their necks dancing? Were they some sort of dancing monks? I don't understand the imagery here. Why would they be dancing where they died? Maybe they were just moving oddly. I really don't know how a shadow person is supposed to move, but I always heard it was kind of weird. They seem like psychic imprints to me. If none of them really interacted with you, you just may be sensitive to the energy around you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: