You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Stalking Dime

Real Ghost Stories

Stalking Dime

 

Ever since around 2006 there has been a dime showing up from random places. I know it could be the same dime but it isn't because the date says 1977 on it and it had a greenish stain on top of it.

The first time I've seen it I was looking in my basement for a picture. The dime fell on my shoulder from the ceiling. I was alone in the basement at the time. The ceiling of my basement is flat and there wasn't anything tall enough to let the dime drop on my shoulder. I thought it was a little strange but I only told my little sister to see what she would say. She just thought I was playing a trick on her.

After looking at the dime for a long time (noticing the date 1977 and smudge) I decided to keep it because I was still curious about it. I put it on my borough next to my bed. When I woke up it was gone.

I didn't want to look for it and I wasn't curious of why it had just vanished. The second appearance I had with the dime was when I was in the living room watching TV. It was a normal at first, but then suddenly I got terrified I heard a woman whispering, and then got the urge to look to my left and the dime hit me in the face. I didn't know what to think of it. I was very confused.

I didn't see it again for about a year. I still see it about every week. Nothing really happens now when I see it. It's just in random places like in the shower, on top on my bed, in the kitchen, etc. What scares me the most is that it goes where ever I go. I'm in Hawaii around 1000 miles from where I live and I saw it today in the driveway of the house I'm vacationing in.

I'm not looking for help; I just want to know what you think of this. I thought it would be a good idea to share what's been happening to me when I found this site. If I made any typos that I couldn't find, I'm sorry. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tom1121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
OMG Lou! I can't believe I didn't see this a couple of days ago. Where have I been? (slaps self in forehead) I am so honored that you the blurb master, would use one of my lines. Woohoo you just made my day. LOL! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Sorry Lou,
I tried to catch up but I've got these conga drums full of dimes and they're too heavy to drag away without help. You wouldn't happen to have anything similar to the Sno-Shu but in the style of a cart maybe? It doesn't have to be motorized, I can pull a good amount of weight on my own. It's just these dimes, they're dragging me down!
Hey, wait just a minute. I've got a better idea...ungh...there! Now I've got it!
I'm headed over to the county fair to see if I can win something at the dime toss booth. You can't miss me, I'll be the one going past with a conga strapped on my back and log rolling the other with my feet, leaving a trail of dimes in my wake.
Weeeeeeeeeeee!

EeSay ouyay aterlay,
Va...yikes! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

[at] Tom1121,
Sorry I broke my promise, I am such a pig! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Fine! I'll take my guitar case full of dimes and go.

Ixnay on the odekay, Va...whoa! Did you know that your username made that word jumble?...whew! That was close.

What's up, pup? Who's sh---in', kitten? Back to Twister, sister?...nah, I got nothin'

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Lou,
I guess they're onto us...we're going to have to get better disguises (slyly looking left to right)
OK, new plan.
EtsLay indfay omesay ewnay orystay. EeSay ouyay erethay!

[at] Tom1121,
Sorry for hijacking your thread here, it won't happen again, I promise. I don't know how Lou always talks me into these things, but he does.

[at] Lou,
What's kickin' chicken?!
Hello, my name is Javelina and I'm addicted to YGS.
๐Ÿ˜Š
ElfEars66 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Wow... That's kind of creepy... Are you sure it's the same coin? Try writting s random letter on one side and locking up, then see if it stalks you... I hope you find out what's going on!

โค Elf
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Thanks, Lilady... But you are right. No disrespect intended Tom1121. Sometimes we get gabbing and forget where we are. My sincerest apologies and I promise never to allow Javelina to do this again;).

Lou
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I don't think this is anything to worry about really. They say that dimes can be a good luck thing, or a message that a loved one is there with you, or following you, haha.
Javelina and Lou, hijacking a story... You guys are absolutely hilarious! I always love reading your comments!
Love & Light, Rachel โค
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Javelina,
Just don't report me to the authorities...'cause you had that one coming. Depressed?...not allowed. To steal a Cosmo line...What's shakin' bacon?

Can't come clean with your YGS addiction and then drag your snout in the dirt... Not 'round these parts.

Ve' haf' vays uf making yu talk!

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Lou,
Well now you've done it. You just couldn't leave well enough alone, could you? I was having a perfectly depressing day until you came along. Now I'm laughing so hard my face hurts!
It was the flaming juggling rings, that did me in. I'll be useless the rest of the day with that picture in my head. Then you had to add the unicycle...

I owe you one Lou.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
No fear, Javelina. I'm not seeing top heavy as a disadvantage. Certain risks may be unavoidable...I'd just feel out of sorts without my flaming juggling rings and unicycle.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Lou,
Me? In a game of twister? Now that would be a sight. Being top heavy and cloven hoofed, I'm already at a disadvantage. And though you may possess an agility normally reserved for circus performers, my tusks pose a risk of injury that even you would have trouble dodging.
Alas Lou, I'm afraid the future looks pretty grim. If karma can be outlawed, what will be next? Luck?

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Javelina,
The Karma Sutra, of course... If enough alcohol is involved... Its fate.

Lou

(Word to the Wise: Never challenge me to a game of Twister)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Lou,
I've have been in such a turmoil since I heard the news about Karma being outlawed. No matter how you look at it, the only ones who gain from a law such as that are the bad guys. Makes no sense to try and outlaw fate.
So, I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't try to deflect these dimes at all. I'm going to need the extra cash to fund my moving expenses. I'm certainly not sticking around for all the bad guys to show up and get their negative karma wiped off their records.
Hmmm...where to go?
What is your favorite book Lou? You aren't addicted to those Dime Novels are you?

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
You are correct, Javelina. The gumshoe theory was pretty weak... I promise future solutions will not disappoint.
I'm working on a dime deflector shield for you... Those little buggers are skinny though... Going to have to consist of many layers of protection. Any objection to chain mail undergarments?
I would think you would only get what's coming to you, but with karma outlawed in Arizona... Who knows?
They'll probably make me throw away my favorite book now.;)

Lou
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Rather than keeping the dime spend it on a scratch card or put it towards a lottery ticket. In my opinion that dime is lucky if it keeps appearing like that in such odd places.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
None that would serve you, Jav! My designs all make the sundress mandatory. Maybe if I observe for a while, I can come up with a few ideas.

;Lou)
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Are you guys making fun of the fellow who got slapped by the dime? I mean I would have loved it if they were different dimes... I could get rich...

Or better yet use the one to pay for something and then have it reappear in my pocket. In Guyana I wish that dime was a 1,000 dollar bill (exchange rate 200 GYD = 1 USD). I would definitely be rich by now ๐Ÿ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Lou,
What? No new ideas for how I could overcome this obstacle? Gum, Lou? Is that it? And here I'd come to believe there was no problem you couldn't fix.
You're slipping Lou!;P
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Javelina,
Maybe they aren't everywhere... Maybe you just can't pick up the ones you see...two-toes. Maybe you could step in some gum!;P

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Lou,
Now that is a frightening thought. What next? Paranormal pennies? They follow you around, but they make no cents.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
"I'm being followed by a dime shadow, dime shadow, dime shadow..."
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Lou,
I'm drowning in dimes! I can't seem to shake them. They are out there now, somewhere, laying in wait for me to happen by.
I just know it.
๐Ÿ˜‰
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Javelina,
Since reading the story you referenced, have you been finding dimes? I'm finding them everywhere.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Tom1121,
We had another story come up about finding dimes everywhere and I'm sure it was in the last 6 months. I don't think it was the same dime every time though, it was dimes themselves.
However, I do believe there is significance to the dime you keep seeing. One thing though, you say, apart from the first instance, that you SEE it all the other times. Does that mean that you no longer pick it up? Do you just pick it up, inspect it, and toss it away? It's hard to know what I think without knowing that part of your experience. ๐Ÿ˜•
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
hmmm...in my opinion, there could be something on the dime. I mean a soul that is actually tied to it. It could be trying to tell you something but since it is just a simple dime that is dated 1977 and a woman's voice we really can't tell. It could be the previous owner of the house or maybe a benign spirit that wants to be acknowledged.

โค
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Ghostfox...I was thinking the same thing. Could have belonged to someone linked to the op. I was reading about apports (things appearing out of no where) and frequently items have the appearance of being "thrown"and often do hit the person near the appearance. This just amazes me, to think physical things can be taken into another dimension... (like my keys that love to be moved...grrrr) lol.
I hope we hear more of this story.
GhostFox (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
I feel I shouldn't say my opinions out here, because some people keep putting me down. But I will anyway!

Maybe this dime was a special item belonging to the woman. When she died she may have 'haunted' the dime. But I don't know why she is throwing it at you! I recommend you get a priest, pastor or medium to cleanse this spirit and help her move on.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Oooo another mystery! Here's a little about the only 1977 dime proof that year...1977-S Roosevelt Dime Proof Coin is from the San Francisco (S) Mint. Roosevelt Dimes are comprised of outer layers of copper-nickel (.750 copper,. 250 nickel) bonded to an inner core of pure copper.

(hense, the green sheen) do pick it up next time and see if it has a "s" next to the date. Its an unusual coin. I love the idea of locking it up, and see it apports out. Good luck in investigating with your family members, I'm sure someone who is dearly departed is trying to let you know they are there for you... Or trying to give you a very, very valuable coin. (the smudge?)
theDemon47 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Did a family member die or something bad happen in 1997? Search online for it and maybe if someone died maybe they're trying to tell you something or they are haunting you. Good luck.
Mosha (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Yeah I agree with DeviousAngel maybe a spirit is trying to tell you something. Or maybe the spirit is trying to seek help from you for some reason. Try putting the dime somewhere secure like a safe and see if it still disappears when you go to check on it.

Stay safe โค โค ๐Ÿ˜‰

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: