You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Simply Ghost Nights Versus The Dark Side

Real Ghost Stories

Simply Ghost Nights Versus The Dark Side

 

Ghost Hunting at Newcastle Keep, with Simply Ghost Nights.

Where do we start about Newcastle Keep; the whole night shocked the Simply Ghost Nights team on this paranormal investigation. It was an event that nightmares and films are made of; we experienced it all at Newcastle Keep, the good, the bad and the downright demonic, from table tipping, glass divination, amazing K2 spikes, and most frighteningly even some of our solid team members getting channeled. The Castle dominates much of the sky line as you approach up the hill, you look in awe at the workmanship and labor it would have took to have built the castle many years ago, however we would soon find out what hid below the veneered beauty of this building and what was waiting for us from the other side to greet us with a sinister side that would turn an event upside down and shock even the most hardened ghost hunter.

We were greeted by Paul who was our host for the night at Newcastle keep and an excellent host he was too, and he allowed us to view Newcastle from the turrets of the castle where we could see the city sprawling away in all directions of the compass, as we all took in the wonderful views of the city life at night it was time to start the ghost hunt event.

After a drink and a light refreshment break it was time to begin our journey into the unknown and leave the sanctuary of our world, and investigate the paranormal world of Newcastle Keep and see exactly what would await the Simply Ghost Nights team and our brave ghost hunters, we would soon find out. In the garrison room we were treated to some amazing table tipping by the spirit of a soldier; however what unfolded later in the Chapel not only shocked us but brought to the force the power and the sinister side of the spirit world.

In the chapel we were investigating, one group of ghost hunters were around the séance table calling out, and some more were attempting communication with the K2s and achieving some very good results especially when they were playing a Latin chant. But all this paled in significance when Mark our paranormal investigator was found in the corner of the room in the chapel rocking to and fro as if from a scene from a movie, when asked how he was, Mark replied " I need to smash the table up, I feel so angry" for anyone who knows Mark this is totally out of character. After a chat Mark came around and confessed to have had little control over his emotions.

Then Mel one of the teams mediums announced that she felt immense anger towards Stuart and wanted to hit him, (these feelings are not uncommon towards Stuart allegedly), again after a quick chat Mel returned back to her bubbly self and stated how the feelings had suddenly came. At this point the K2s were literally going crazy with activity, and the torches were turning themselves on and off on request and there was a feeling of dread in the room that we all felt.

Meanwhile on the séance table Rosey, Shelly, Paul, Ann, Clare and Melanie were making contact through glass divination with an alleged murderer, then all of a sudden behind them a chair moved slightly with no one in it, Paul suggested that this was indeed the murders favorite chair and that nobody could sit in it, the glass moved to yes. Philip our intrepid paranormal investigator bravely sat in the chair as during the séance the group were warned that this murderous spirit would harm anyone who sat in his chair. Alas Philip sat in the chair; with everyone else preoccupied with the séance and the K2 investigations it was good ten minutes until Rosey noticed Philip slumped in the chair bent over doubled up. The group called out to Philip as he sat up his eye's glazed and Philip started to mumble incoherently at first until he said shaking "I'm going to cry" as we lead Philip away from the table and out of the chapel. As we spoke and reassured Philip he said he didn't know what had come over him. It was as though this darkened entity had attempted to divide and conquer the Simply Ghost night's team and failed.

After a break and a review of the chapel investigation we agreed this was probably the most threatened the team had felt for a long time from the world of spirits. As we finished our glorious buffet it was time to carry on the investigations. One group had table tipping and glass divination in the King's chamber the spirit of a knight made his presence known, and a grey mist was seen to rise from the floor in this room too as well as dark shadow was noticeable from the toilet room inside the King's chamber.

As the time flew by yet again it was time to call it a wrap and the nights proceedings to a close, we knew we had been in a huge battle with the ghostly specter of a frightening and dark nature, and won the battle for the greatness of good and God and as we left Newcastle Keep we vowed to return later in the year, to face our demons yet again.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I think the profile says it all. "Ghost hunting company." Not paranormal investigation organization, but a company. As in a group that does business; the business of entertainment.

No facts here, boys and girls...
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
...ah yes... I see it now. Crazy! It's things like this that make sceptics
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Sorry, my last comment should have referenced the individual's left hand. The same person has a purple ring on the right hand... May be female.

Lou
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
JohnTravis,
Check out everyones hands on the table. Other than the girl on the right, whose nails are painted red, everyones' hands seem naturally colored. Except for the person on the left, whose face we cannot see.
His right hand is clearly bright red.
Take your own hand and push down on your desk or table right now, and watch it turn red, now compare it to the photo.

Lou
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Sorry for the double comment, but based on what louslips said about the number of comments to number of stories ratio... I checked through and all of their comments are on their own stories. Free advertising and nothing but...
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
HA! Louslips! Brilliant. What a complete con they are. Simply Ghost nights... EPIC FAIL! However I don't see what you are talking about in the aggressive table tipping photo...
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Cosmo,
Here's something I noticed, thanks to Granny reminding us of their website. I honestly only opened the gallery to two investigations, and I spotted trickery in both.
Check out the "Aggressive Table Tipping" photo in the Gainesborough Old Nick Theater. Everyone's hands are laid casually on the table, except for the hands in the direction the table is tipping. You can literally see the blood vessels swelling in this man's hands as he is exerting pressure on the table.
The next is the "table tipping on two legs" in the Sheffield Fire and Police Station investigation. Again, notice how everyone's feet are flat on the floor, except for the ones in the direection the table is tipping. This person is on their toes, with one foot hooked inside a chair leg, so they can push down on the table and enhance their leverage to do so.

Lou
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
LOL! You kill me Lou 😆 😆 I agree with you 100% these people are just in it to make money. If you look at their website, all they have are photos. No evp's, no video, just images of tables and chairs with captions underneath like... The table started to tip here and this chair moved. Sorry but can't really claim that as evidence. Also they sell tickets to the public. So these are NOT experienced or professional hunters which is why the O/P claims people run and scream when they think something paranormal happens. Also, judging by the photos there are large groups of people on these hunts and in my opinion ghosts do NOT come out and perform for a crowd... Especially when they are not getting paid for it. 🤔
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
...and then this one time, at Ghost Camp...

I think 12 stories, and six posts speak for themselves folks. This poster is using this forum for an online advertisement. It is obvious from their lack of participation that they are not here to discuss the supposed paranormal events... They are just pontificating ad nauseum, likely with thesaurus in hand, dramatizing these events beyond belief.

Lou
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
bacchaegrl: I'm with you... The only proof I really believe is in my own experiences, and those of whom I trust are telling the truth...

In this case, in my opinion, SimlpyGhostNights and their "team" are nothing more than actors...They're using their clients to boost their bank accounts, and our friends from the other side as tools of the trade... I wasn't going to comment on this story, but, well, I'm a nibby-nose! 😆...

If y'all get the chance, by all means, peruse their website, and you'll see what perfomers they are... But what really ticks me off, is that they talk their clients into believing they can command these spirits to "perform" for them 😐...Even IF they, by chance, are able to contact the spirits who reside in the places they "investigate", it's not right to use them like that...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
It wouldn't be the unknown if I knew the answer to that...😆

But you're absolutely right. The scientific pioneer of the paranormal realm has a great enemy, and that enemy is not in the form of providing proof, but of proving that the proof is real. Photos and video can be faked, literary documentation can be flawed, and even such things as temperature and EMF measurements can vary grossly depending on the natural environment and location. It's really hard to say what is what these days... All we can do is rely on intuition.
feyan (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
sorry it felt like a camp-night story... But I will keep the thought to my-self 😉
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Ugh, the Spiritualist Movement. Those Fox sisters as well as all those other fakers in that time period may have struck up a continuing interest in the spirit world, but the fact that they were all faking makes me believe that nothing new was discovered about ghosts at all. Those scoundrels managed to come up with some pretty interesting technology for trickery, but everyone knows now that those famous mediums where full of it. I have those same questions, DeviousAngel; who knows what is faked or real on those ghost hunting shows? I like them, but it could all be a facade. Sometimes it looks like they get great evidence, but is it real? Who really knows? I would believe everything completely if I saw something myself. But who would believe me? There is really no way to get definitive proof. Yet, the people who spend their time faking evidence are really hurting paranormal studies. How can we ever get past all this garbage to find the truth?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Absolutely, 510mot. I enjoy the ghost shows they have on TV like Paranormal State and so forth, but a part of me has to wonder how much of that is faked for the cameras. I don't know if you've ever heard of the Fox sisters, but for years people believed that they were reliable psychics who could communicate with the dead. It was later discovered that they were making rapping noises in response to yes or no questions by popping their toe joints. These days people will do anything for a buck and a fanbase.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
It does seem more like some thing one would buy a ticket for on holiday than a true endeavour to engage in quantitive study,doesn't it? There is a very good reason the spiritualists movement of the early part of the last century died. It was over run with fraud and fakery. So much so that it has been nearly 70 years before the belief in paranormality could show its face again without abject rejection from the main stream. We are at the forefront of a new wave of interest an the same thing could happen again.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I've never even heard of table tipping until now. It doesn't seem like a valid tool in ghost hunting. When I went this past weekend I only took my recorders and camera and my mom who is more sensetive than I. I got one great EVP and two faint EVP's and several photos with orbs and several photos of dust that look like orbs. One has to be very subjective when they do this. Not everything is caused by a ghost. I would say about 75% of the time it is caused by natural things. But that is just my opinion. When reading this story I felt that the investigators fed off of eachother and caused hysteria and why would a grown man scream so much?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
The other thing that bothers me about these stories is the level of hysteria involved. That in itself is often a cause of what people consider to be paranormal activity. I once read about a study conducted by William G. Roll dealing with several alleged poltergeist cases, most of which were experienced by or involved children and teens, which the folks on this site know most seem to attract activity on account of their tumultuous emotions (puberty). His studies concluded that poltergeist and supposed ghostly activity was largely in part due to what he called recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis or RSPK. That is to say, the act of working onesself up into a high emotional/psychological state actually CAUSED the haunting "symptoms"--noises, moving objects, etc.

I suppose it would be more believable that an area was haunted if you didn't have investigators that screamed and cowered and panicked at every bump or noise.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Nice one 510mot! That's why I am on this site, scouring thousands of stories in an effort to discover the truth. A lot of people make it so hard. They lie, they write their story so poorly that I don't understand it, or they just blow things out of proportion. If people took a minute to think, they would see that not everything is as paranormal as it seems. I want to see a ghost or a monster or an alien, but I'm not going to scare myself into thinking I've seen one, there are just too many logical explanations. I think ghost hunting is very interesting, but when no real evidence is captured, why even discuss it?
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Does anyone else feel that these stories read like an advert or broschure? Table tipping is controversial as a result of the efforts of such notable people as James Randi and Houdini,himself.They have debunked many a charlatan using these techniques. To put it bluntly Simplyghostnights, provide some proof or simply take your dog and pony show somewhere else. This site shouldn't be used to drum up business.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
Agreed with Lou. Table-tipping is a very, very controversial method of investigation and proves nothing because it is easily tainted by the power of the mind, regardless of how certain the participants are that they aren't physically interfering.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table-turning

There's a lot of dramatic wording in your stories too, which makes me doubt the accuracy of these investigations and I find it more likely that you're interested in attracting a following of readers. Investigative results are best communicated through cold hard fact rather than TV-quality exaggerations.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I'm with BJJ. As compelling as the accounts of personal experiences can be. A professional group with your apparent resources, could easily be documenting this activity and providing the proof of spirit activity that many feel does not exist.
Personally, I do not place a lot of credence on techniques that can be manipulated by participants. I am sure you trust your group members, but from the outside looking in... Its a lot like some of the TV shows, where the bulk of the activity is personal experiences that occur just off camera... What was that? OMG did you see that?...I wasn't there, but without sharing tangible evidence, it is difficult for me to believe some of this... Regardless of the eloquence of how it is presented.

Lou
Skelopatch (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Really good story! I hope you guys were ok! Keep up the ghost hunting:)
-Skelopatch
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+10
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Don't suppose there are any photographs or video of the grey mist and dark shadow? Any hard evidence?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Simply, WOW! This is one of the best once yet, Simply Ghost Nights. Where in England is this castle?

My goal is to travel to as many places as I can. I'm aiming for this year but if I can't than for next year, I may come to visit my aunts and uncles that live there. If its traveling distance, I want to see if I can make it. I certainly won't go alone but I want see the place.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: