You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Childhood Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Paranormal Experience

 

My name is Keetha. I'm a Sri Lankan born Canadian. Born as a Hindu, I consider myself a Spiritualist. I live with my mother, father, younger sister, and younger brother. (I'm unfortunately the oldest of three).

The reason why I am posting this story under this site is because I'm not sure where to put it and what to make of it. Many aspects of this story have been told to me by my parents. The time this story takes place was in the wee hours of the morning (don't know the exact time) and it was a few days before the start of the Kanda Sashti fasting (celebration of deity, Lord Muraga, in which his highest power is felt on Mother Earth, October / November).

As I said above, this story takes place in the early mornings hours in late October or early November of 2006 just a few days before the fasting was suppose to start. According to my parents, they heard me screaming and cursing in a really loud voice among other things. They couldn't make out everything that was coming though my mouth because apparently when they came into my room, I was trashing everywhere on my bed and few times my face went deep into my pillow. The few things that they could make out (other than the cursing and screaming) were "leave me alone", "not coming with you", and something along the lines of "not going to hurt them".

Another thing that my parents noticed was that my room alone was extremely cold. According to my parents, the rest of the house was of normal temperature but my room was like walking into a freezer. At this point my parents freaked out a little because although the room was really cold, they could see that I was really hot to the point that I was sweating and the pillow covers and part of the bed covers were wet. At this point let me remind you that I did NOT know what was happening and I don't remember anything afterwards.

My mother apparently ran to the prayer room and got some vibhuti (sacred ash) and while my father held me down my mother put it on my forehead. This was no easy task because according to my parents I was trashing around everywhere. To be on the safe side, my mother also sprinkled some holy water from a Virgin Mary bottle given to her by an uncle who went to this church in France (he converted after marrying my Catholic aunt).

After this, I apparently settled down and slept peacefully. Also, my parents said that the room temperature went back to normal after that and when the temperature when back to normal, my parents felt like what was a hot wind leave the room and not before popping their ears.

What I have told you so far, was from what my parents told me. Now this is from what I remember. I woke in the morning to find myself with a mind blowing migraine (I suffer from migraines but I never got one like that before nor have I since), a fever, and wondering why the hell was my pillow and bed covers all wet. For a few seconds, I thought I actually peed in PJs while I was sleeping. I got up to (1st) find my mother and (2nd) change the bed sheets. But both of them didn't happen. As soon as I got up, I felt so light head that I had to sit down before I threw up on the carpet floor. I did end up throwing up last night's dinner in the bathroom. I, also, felt physically weak. I finally gathered enough energy to call my mother to my room.

When my mother came in, she saw that I was running a high fever and that I was physically weak. After helping me to the shower, my mother brought me to the doctor. I would like to mention something here. While taking a shower, I felt a really bad sting online back. After getting out of the shower, I showed my mother and was shocked to see a deep scratch from the bottom of my neck to the lower back going along the spine. Then there were three scratches connected to the top of scratch. This really freaked my mother out but at this point she didn't tell me what happened the previous night.

Childhood Paranormal Experience

Anyways, we went to the doctor and she was really surprised at how high the temperature went. The doctor said that if it went any higher, I would have gone to the hospital. Luckily, it didn't go any higher and the doctor gave me some medication and told me to go and rest. The only good thing that came out of the ordeal was that my business law professor let me pass on a major quiz in the class.

At this point, let me remind the readers that I still don't know what happened. To me, I went to bed feeling fine and getting ready for the quiz the next day and when the next day came, I was sick to the bone. When my mother and I got back in the van after the doctor's appointment, my mother started asking me if I knew what happened last night. I looked at her weird and told her that I was sleeping and when I woke up I was really sick.

My mother explained to me the story, which I mentioned above. That really freaked me out because I didn't remember any of it, except for one thing. At some point in the night, I thought I felt a hissing kind of high wind circle me and then left. Since then, I truly don't know what or how I feel about this.

The Doctor's response: "Your body is going though changes because of your weight lost regimen and that's why I probably got the fever and migraine. (Did I tell anyone how much I hate doctors and hospitals --- sorry to those in the medical profession).

My Father's response: It must have been something that I ate and I was reacting like that combined with the fever. Or I must have done something really stupid and karma came back to bite me in the butt.

My Sister's response: Since I had a smaller migraine before I went to sleep, my chemicals in my brain gave a seizure like response to my body and the after math was the fever and ever bigger migraine. (My sister is a life science graduate and from a science prospect, it can be true.) For those of you, who is going to ask if I did any tests, the answer is NO. The doctor suggested but like I mentioned above, I don't like doctors and hospitals, so I wasn't going to let them poke at me in the name of tests. Plus, at that time I just thought that it was another fever and I didn't know about what happened.

My Brother's response: He agreed with my sister and said that I probably scratched myself while I was tossing and turning. I disagree with him on this. The reasoning for this is because my mother said that the scratch that was going online my spine was a perfect almost straight line without any stop or hesitation marks. It was like some took their nail or something sharp edged and scratched me. With the weird thing going on I didn't or anyone in my family didn't take a picture of it. I will see if I can attach a drawing of it.

My Mother's response: She is the one who believes that something paranormal happened. (Even if it wasn't paranormal, what happened to me was definitely not normal). She was thinking it was paranormal because it was so close to the fasting time for Lord Murga.

I remember clearly that it was a Saturday because after taking me to the doctors, my mother took me straight to our temple and explain what happened to the priest. The priest did some pooja (prayers / blessings) and then blessed a protection string and tied it on my left wrist. The priest then told also told me to fast during Kanda Sashti week.

Initially, I didn't want to do the fast because it was really hard doing the fast each year. (It's not easy eating an apple and glass of milk once a day for 6 days). But my mother said I had to do it because the priest said so but I had to do it whole heartedly. I'm glad to say that I did it. It was hard (especially with school and work) and I actually passed out the second day but I did finish it. This November will be my sixth and last year doing it. I'm glad to say that since that incident that day, nothing to that extreme has every happened and I don't plan on having it happening again.

My questions for the readers of this forum are: why did something like this happen? Is it because I have become more of a spiritualist (I have been thinking about it somewhat but didn't fully grasp it with my two hands at that time). Why did I get scratches like that on my back? Above all, why didn't remember anything that happened?

I'm open to any ideas on what happened. I think I added all there is to the story but if you need any more information go ahead and ask. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but please don't post anything that is degrading to me or other posters. Thank you and hoping to hear back from you.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scaredycat5 (5 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-01-24)
sorry that came out wrong I ment to say if she said his name it would have ran
scaredycat5 (5 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-01-24)
make sure Christ is with you Jesus if your mom would have said his name once it would have ran
Sweetlovely (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
The story was really interesting and I am glad that you are safe now. Were you living in India then? Well thank you for the story, Geetha and what I think is something must have possessed you that night. P.S if you think it was not helpful than tell me.

Good luck Geetha!

~Sweetlovely 😁
nilan1111 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
i bleive you
Where were you living in sri lanka?
How old were you when you face this?
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Veronika,

Please don't spam. It won't make anyone watch your show.

Instead, everyone will only be discouraged because the spam is so irritating.

I am not a MOD and I can only request you to discontinue. But I am unable to look at recent comments because of your posts. Again, a polite request for you to stop. 😢
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Thanks for the reply Lily. I just these messages because since I didn't write a story in awhile I didn't expect comments in these stories. As for the story, it's still a mystery to me. I think it's one of those things that you experience not knowing why you experienced it. I admit some of the things could have been attributed to fever but I don't have an explanation for the rest.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
I just wanted to add that high fevers can cause all of the symptoms you mentioned in your story, including hallucinations. However, it doesn't explain the coldness in the room! That ones a mystery. I know this is an old story, but I just had to mention this when I saw no one else had.
DrKreep (5 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Well Keetha I believe it to be an evil entity watching over you. Probably want to see you dead. Such spirits or entities do scratching & leaving marks on the victim's body. Its good that you did religious rituals or else you could have being taken away to after life by that specific entity.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Keetha, that's a terrible experience for anybody have, its through God's grace you and your family were able to deal with this.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Hi Luce,
Thanks for the comment!
I believe that it's one of those things that will stay with you forever and you would never have an answer for. I guess we all live with things that happen to us with more questions than answers.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Hi, geetha50. I hope you are doing better now. Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you that you'll meet someone here who would help you shed light on what happened before. ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
Thank you all for your comments. Talking to you all kind of lifted a weight off my shoulders (even though I still don't understand what happened that day, LOL)!
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Well...thanks for replying.

PS: I did not have anything else to say but the comment does not get submitted unless I type a certain number of letter... So there goes:)
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
What a scary experience here, geetha50. Spiritualism can't do this to you. You have the right to believe and practise whatever you want. I am a Spiritualist and the worst thing that has happened to me is a kind of really bad depression (because Spirit were interfering and "feeding" off my negative feelings.
This is also my 200th post!
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
geetha - hang in there, some parents expect too much and try to live their ideal lives through their children. I hope what you've chosen to do brings you happiness. I've left a few jobs because I wasn't happy, maybe not the best choice but my conscience is clear.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
geetha off track abit but does follow your reply.
You have to please yourself first, when your happy and feel that where you are, what your doing is right then if needs be worry what others think but never never work just to please someone else it never works out.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Taz,
Thanks for the comment. I did see changes happening. The time that this happened, I lost my full time work (still had my part time work) and I took me a good year before I landed my full time position with the City of Toronto. But in that year, there was do much tension between my father and me. He thought I was useless and was (and still am) the black sheep in the family. (Did stupid things as a teenage, nothing major but skipping class and getting lower marks). But since then I have finished college, have a side photography business, work full time, and finishing my degree program online. But that's never enough for him. To him, once a failure, always a failure. (Have given up trying to please him).
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
geetha50 agree with devious does look like the rune but with one added line from central line.

Very strange indeed.
I hopw you get what you wished for after 6 yearly fasting's
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
That's what my thought and that's how I felt like afterwards. It felt like someone or something went though my body and riped it apart.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
sound like you were possessed for the night geetha, good thing whatever it was left.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Thank you otteer for your comment. I guess I will have more questions than answers on this one.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Thank you for the explaination of your faith and traditions! Mothers intuition is rarely off. You are lucky to have parents who love you so much! ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
That's what I was going to say! It looks like a rune stone that I have. Very interesting. However, it sounds like a really bad fever, like you were really sick. I'm glad you haven't felt like that since, but it is a possibility that it was a really bad illness.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
DeviousAngel,
I just learnt something new today. I didn't know about this Nordic rune fehu of the Elder Futhark. It's pretty interesting.

You can be right about something near my bed scratching me. The closest thing that could scratch me was the night table next to the bed and the possibility is there that the night table could have scratched me. But I don't think it could have scratched me the full length of my back.

Don't know what to think?!?!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
That image you posted is interesting to me. The symbol looks shockingly similar the Nordic rune fehu of the Elder Futhark, or at least an ancient variant of it. Fehu has been roughly translated to mean both "wealth" and "cattle". I'm not sure what your symbol means, because I haven't been able to find a rune that matches identically, but I have been seeing the Elder Futhark runes popping up at a lot lately. I suppose it could just be coincidence.

Anyway, I'm glad this has stopped happening. I think your sister's explanation could be very plausible, though I suppose it can't account for the scratches. All I can think of is that you may have hurt yourself another time and not remembered it, or else just crazy-flailed and scratched yourself on something near your bed. I really don't know, to be honest. It may have been paranormal but...well, I can't say what it means if it was.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Thanks for your comments Laganz_sis and otteer. My parents are very superstitious people, especially my mother. I did ask them why they thought it was paranormal. My mom's response was that it didn't feel right when she stepped into my room. She said that she had a feeling of dread as if something didn't want her there. I know many of you are going to say that it's a mom's fear talking when they a child going crazy in bed. I mentioned that to my mom but she is convinced that a demon or an evil spirit attacked me, especially so close to the fasting.

Loganz_sis,
It is believed that if you properly fast during the Kanda Sashti fasting and pray to Lord Muraga whole hearty, you will be granted your wish. Both my grandma and mother told my siblings and me stories of good things coming out of this fasting. For example, my grandma's brother's wife couldn't conceive and the doctors said they couldn't anything. My great - uncle did the fasting every year for 6 years (two peppers and a glass of water each day for 6 days). After the 6th year, my great - aunt became pregnant with my uncle and she also had two more children after that. I was also told growing up about how the evil spirits would try to deter faithful followers of Lord Muraga by procession and other sinful things.

Being so close to the fasting time, my mom believed that an evil spirit or demon tried to take me over. Personally, I'm just glad that I got over being sick, it wasn't a nice feeling. But the upside was that I didn't have to write my law exam.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I was going to say the same thing, your mother seemed to have concluded that it was paranormal immediately, most likely because of the coldness in the room was unusual as well as the specticle of you rolling around! As a mom I know I would have been praying as I tried to help my child too.

You however, sound like you were delirious from an extremely high fever, the thrashing, soaked bedding, the jibberish. I am in agreement that somehow, you scratched yourself, youll never know because you don't remember anything. The hot wind could have been a hotflash from your body starting to over heat.

Good story, its hard to say what it was. IM glad you were ok after that though. ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Too many pieces missing to the story, may be because it happened so long ago. Your parent's reaction to the nights incident almost seems like they expected something of this sort... What is the relation to the incident happening just a few days before the fasting festival? Does something like this happen ususlly every year before the festival?

Am I missing something here?! Nonetheless scary experience and glad it is in the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: