You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Introduction

Real Ghost Stories

An Introduction

 

My family has had a long history with the paranormal. Every generation, it seems, has had at least one experience. Many of these experiences have been less than enjoyable. My mom's childhood home in California was brought under siege by a particularly nasty demon. My brother Jeremy accidentally summoned an inhuman spirit when trying to do a Native American ceremony (he obviously did something wrong). My brother Matthew has been plagued by spirits for as long as he could remember. With this being said, I'd like to share a few of my biggest experiences.

My first memory involved the paranormal. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, and looking through the bars of my crib. A few feet away from me was this glowing figure that resembled the Virgin Mary, accompanied by a few odd looking animals. 'She' was floating a few inches off the floor, and slowly moving towards me. But this creature didn't give me a sense of peace, as an appearance by Mary is won't to do; I remember feeling absolute terror at the sight of this woman. I was paralyzed with fear temporarily, but was soon hiding under my covers hoping that she would just go away. I must have fallen asleep, because I don't remember anything after that.

About a year after that, when I was four, we had to move to Quanah due to my dad's job at Acme. My parent bought a house on the edge of town, along a highway. There was lots of space there, with a cornfield right across, and a large open area of grass instead of a backyard. My siblings seemed pleased with it, and so did my parents. But from the start, I felt a little uneasy in the house.

A couple months after moving into the house, I was again woken up from my deep sleep. I sat up in my bed, wide awake, and for some reason looked towards the open bedroom door. I heard my mom's voice call my name. "Caroline!" The voice sounded distant, echoing just slightly. Surprised, I answered, "Yes?"

"Caroline, come into the kitchen!"

"...Why?"

"I've got some cake for you."

Knowing that my mom would certainly not be up at this hour, and definitely would NOT be making some sort of delicious desert for no reason, I worked up the courage to run down the hallway to my parents' room. The voice continued to call for me, until I curled up in bed next to my mom. I shook her awake and asked her if she'd called me. She hadn't.

For the remainder of the nine months we lived there, I would see shadows out of the corner of my eye.

When we moved to Vernon, a small town obviously begotten by the devil himself, I had my first encounter with an entity that continues to torment me to this day. But I'll get into more detail about 'him' in another story.

And so, that was my introduction. Thanks for reading! Opinions and advice are always welcome.

Other hauntings by Hoodzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hoodzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Yeah, sorry... I was hoping more people would get that. ๐Ÿ˜† That reference is from the game Portal where a robot putting you through a series of potentially deadly "tests" promises you cake at the end. IF you survive... And said robot does everything she can to make sure that doesn't happen.
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Haha! Guyinsane2008, don't worry about it! It was an easy mistake to make ๐Ÿ˜Š
guyinsane2008 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
ahhh I see... English is complicated ๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry hoodzy I guess I need to keep up with the various american slang, you'd be shocked to hear the ones we use here ๐Ÿ˜Š
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
guyinsane: "The cake is a lie" is a catch-phrase here in the US, stemming from a video game ๐Ÿ˜†...It means that whatever is promised to motivate, isn't delivered...
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
guyinsane I think what hoodzy ment was the voice calling offering cake was lieing~ not his mom so in a way its true the cake is a lie,

Like if a parent says to a kid who won't come in and is playing up they can have sweets if comes into house as a treat but when the kid is in there told off, sent to bed and deffinatly no sweets!

It was a trick to get hoodzy into the kitchen with temptation, I don't think he has writen anything that's a lie, except the lie that he heard.
Carl
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
so the cake was a lie... Then why did you post about it? Was the entity calling out to you also a lie?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Thanks for sharing your story by the way... I wasn't trying to make fun of you, I just like providing a little comic relief to some of these freaky experiences. I had a few laughs at myself after some of my own. I guess it's my way of dealing with it.;)

And I'm pretty sure I've been to and lived in a few, by your definition, "devil-begotten" cities myself!
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Thank you all for the comments! Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

The cake WAS a lie!

I say Vernon is begotten by the devil because of the horrifyingly bad experiences I had there. Pardon me for confusing you all, LOL

Thank you very much for all your kind words! I was actually fairly nervous about posting my experiences here, despite watching the good people do here.

Also, DeviousAngel and Louslips, your posts are hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜†
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Good story here Hoodzy. I also don't understand how a town could be begotten by the Devil.
DeviousAngel and Louslip, your posts make me laugh so hard, I do not think I've laughed so hard in a while. Thanks so much.
Beware of the cake! ๐Ÿ˜†
Love & Light, Rachel โค
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
hoodyz great introduction ๐Ÿ˜
Im just glad I have never had a spirit calling me into the kitchen with offers of cake, I might have been tempted!

Will be watching out for your next post with interest keep em comming ๐Ÿ˜Š
Carl
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Thanks, DA.

You know the old saying:

You wash my back...

Lou;)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
lol my days of fitting in the kitchen sink ended when I was about 3...but you are definitely #1 on the spotter list!

Who you going to call?!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
DA,
Good for you for thinking it possible, but my days of fitting in the kitchen sink are over...I'm still on your spotter list though, right?

Lou
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I too would be scared to death if I heard that call in the middle of the night. Lol, nothing would get us kids out of bed at night, nothing! I'm looking forward to more of your encounters. Sorry you are still plagued by a bad one, maybe some people here can help. Why not talk about it now right here? (can you tell I want more...) ๐Ÿ˜†
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I think, as Bette Davis quipped in 'All about Eve', "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride." Meaning-this is going to be some good stuff! So sorry to hear about this entity torments you. But excited to read more from you. Hopefully, along the way, helpful hints to help comebat the problem. It will be solved!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Lou, if two negatives make a positive, maybe we should take our showers in the kitchen sink... They might just explode into an ectoplasmic mess.

If nothing else the little hose in the kitchen sink could be an excellent weapon if you bless the water first, then you have your shower and your weapon in one...presto! Demon-b-gone!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
This story was flat-out amazing! You are going on my favorite people list! I'm also going to favorite this story! I would have been so freaked out if a ghost said, "I have some cake for you!" I've heard a ghost's voice before, and it did sound distant, like far away. Wow, please share your other stories!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Crap, DA... Now the kitchen and the shower aren't safe! We're going to be some skinny, smelly individuals from here on out.
I think all towns named Vernon are the devil's work... I can vouch for the one in NY, anyways.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Ruh roh... Malevolent ghosts have figured out how to lure people to an unsuspecting doom in their kitchen with the promise of cake!? I'm doomed...

The cake is a lie!

I also wasn't aware that the devil begot towns. Although there is a Hell, Michigan...
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
i look forward to reading your other stories. And like I've said in the past, the image of the virgin mary would scare the piss out of me too. It is unnatural.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Nice first story. I'm surprised that you remembered your first encounters from an early age. It would probably slip my mind or would have blocked it if it brought terror.

You said that you heard your mother call you to have some cake. Good thing you didn't go to the kitchen. I heard it before and it was reinforced here on this site that spirits that copy a relative's voice is not a good spirit or a demon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: