You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Juliette Gordon Low's House

Real Ghost Stories

Juliette Gordon Low's House

 

These experiences all happened in Juliette Gordon Low's house. She is the founder of Girl Scouts. Last year, I went on a trip to Savannah, Georgia (that is where her house is located) with my Girl Scout troop. (I am no longer in that troop, ha-ha) We decided we would go to her house and take a tour, go to the beach, and later go on a ghost tour in the evening. Before I tell my story, I must tell you, Savannah, Georgia is one of the most haunted cities in America.

Anyway, we had multiple experiences in Savannah, most of the girls in my old troop believed in ghosts; we were all interested in the paranormal. So, we arrived in Savannah, Georgia and we checked into our hotel. Then we went back to our cars and drove to Mrs Low's house. When we got there, we had to wait in a room for the rest of the people on the tour. The moment I stepped into the house, I sensed spirits. The air was extremely heavy, and let me tell you, I did NOT enjoy being there through the whole tour. I couldn't wait to get out of the house.

While we were in the waiting room, we were all fiddling with our cameras and goofing off. There was a flat-screen TV in front of us that was showing us the rules to follow throughout the tour. I looked up at the TV and it said we couldn't take pictures. I thought to myself, "Well, that is a bummer!" Now, what happened next was freaky. I know that technology has its faults and everything, but this happened to more than one person!

I bumped my friend Ashley in the side and said, "Look, we can't take pictures!" She loves photography, so she replied, "Aww, I'm going to take them anyway!" I'm laughing as I write this because whoever was in that room with us didn't like what she said. My camera was turned on and it took two pictures by itself of my leg, and then turned off. My hand was nowhere near the off button or the button to take a picture! Then Ashley's camera lost its battery completely! My friend Regan who was sitting on the other side of me, her camera just shut off, and she had just turned it on, so it wasn't like it had been turned on for a while, then shut off on its own. We were all freaked out.

By this point, the tour guide walked in, and we went upstairs. The 2nd floor of the house had an even heavier atmosphere. I was choking on it. The tour guide gave her tour as we went room to room. In one of the rooms we went into I felt especially uneasy. I kept on looking at a portrait of Juliette Gordon Low on the wall next to me.

We went into a room across the hall, and the tour guide started talking about Mrs Low getting married and how she was deaf in one ear... Blah de blah de blah. I was bored and not really listening because I was so anxious to get out of that house, I mean I wanted to get out of there PRONTO. I looked up at my mom because I was going to tell her I was having problems, and right at that moment, a giant orb flew past her head. The orb didn't freak me out because I see them everywhere, but, nothing would prepare me for the ghost tour later that night...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youdontknowme88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I think we should investigate Welles House in Warwickshire as she and her husband had purchased a house there. And there should also be an investigation of her ex husband's parents home in leamington spa.
maddie152 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Juliet Gordon Low's House... Best place I been ova there other than the Cemetary what a disturbin story of how the gravestones ended up on the wall...
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Haha, actually Javelina, I thought I was being the rude one. πŸ˜† I shouldn't have told you to go and read it. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for commenting. πŸ˜†

AF1 ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
aiafaith1,
Sorry it has taken me so long to comment, I hope you didn't think I was rude the other day or trying to brush you off. We were actually trying to get the other poster's attention so we could get to know her. She has a pretty good feel for the paranormal. And before she went any further, I was hoping to help her understand that we weren't out to get her. I wanted her to know we liked her. It will be much more fun now, you'll see. I think she's going to fit in just fine.
πŸ˜‰
Your story is pretty cool, aside from whatever it was you were picking up on, it sounds like you had a wild time.
The batteries all being drained at once was proof you were definitely going into some haunted surroundings, plus you were getting that GUT feeling from the moment you pulled up.
Now I noticed that your next chapter has finally come up, so I'll go read it now. YAY! 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Hey aiafaith1, I just looked it up on youtube, not google. Very interesting; And I also looked up information about Savannah, Georgia. Basically, I got a really freaky video with a creepy narrator. I would hate to live in a haunted place! 😨
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Wow, thanks for all the comments! 😁

[at] DARKNESS: Yep, lol. I felt suffocated in that house, yuck. Thanks for commenting.:D

[at] Storm:lol, thanks! Since I'm psychic Storm, I see orbs everywhere. Other people who don't have my ability only see them in pictures or videos. Hope I cleared this up a bit. (as I type this I can see them around me)

[at] LilLady4: Thank you! Juliette Gordon Low founded Girl Scouts, just to let you know. πŸ˜†
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Oh my goodness, what a scary story... I loved the way you told it!
Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait for your second story!
And, I don't know who Juliette Gordon Low is/was, so I'm going to google it 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
Storm (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Great story! I would be so freaked out if that happened to me. Can't wait for the second story! 😊
I thought you could only see orbs in pictures or videos?
Storm
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Haha the old draining of batteries and malfunctioning electronic equipment, yep that's normally a good indicator of something being present but you already know this Aia lol. 😊 The atmosphere you describe I know too well I can understand why you wanted out pronto lol! 😁 Another great story I am looking forward to your next part aiafaith1!

Thanks for sharing

Dan
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
Gacfan, lol! It's coming, sorry. I can't control when Martin decides to put new stories on here. It is called "Savannah Ghost Tour" I think.:P
GACfan101 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
What happened later that night! Gahh I'm dying to know lmao. Hurry up and post the second part πŸ˜†
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Lol taz! Thanks! The second part should be coming soon! πŸ˜†

~ AF1
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
aiafaith1 loved it!
Orbs, cameras taking own pictures, draining batterys, and turning off, creepy portraits,
And the girl scouts too!?!
Freaky 😲
Cant wait for next part
Carl
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Hey zzsgranny! You just made me laugh really hard! πŸ˜† Probably, must have been a nice ghost then. The sequel should be on here soon, it was accepted, so we'll have to wait. 😜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
aia: Yep, they do like to "eat" batteries! πŸ˜†...I think maybe the spirit was trying to keep you from getting into trouble...

Looking forward to the sequel... ❀
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
GASP. My buddy commented. 😁 Yup, I've heard that some do. For sure, extremely creepy.
joyjoy986 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Great story! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed it!
And some of them move their eyes and change facial expressions? Freeeaakyyy. O-o
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Hey cosmogal926! Thanks! Yep, I've heard that before! 😊 You're exactly right, my friends didn't know what in the world was going on. πŸ˜† Right again cosmogal, those self portraits are insanely creepy. I've heard that some of them move their eyes and change their facial expressions!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Hey AF1, Good story. They say technical equipment such as cameras will malfunction and be drained of battery life when a spirit is present. You all must have been like... What the heck? I think those self portraits of people are so haunting. They always give me the creeps. 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: