You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cast-iron Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Cast-iron Haunting

 

The year was nineteen seventy-five, and I was nineteen years old when this happened. I was unemployed, a common occurrence for me, and that summer, I was picking up as many odd jobs as I could, as were many of my friends. In addition, I sometimes engaged in things that weren't exactly legal, like scavenging vacant houses for copper and other metal, which could be sold for scrap. If nothing else, it was cigarette money.

This particular day, I was with a friend, C.W., and we were in a vacant house a few streets over from where we lived. It was a bright Saturday afternoon, and we'd planned on buying a 12-pack with some of our proceeds. We had already stripped out several yards of copper wiring, and were hard at pulling out a cast-iron sink and drain board in the kitchen.

The doors were shut, as were the windows; not a breeze was stirring. However, the door to the little room just off the kitchen seemed to have a mind of its own... It was closed when we entered the kitchen, but as we began to unbolt the sink, the door swung slowly open, held for about two beats, and then slowly closed again. I just let it go, as I was focused on pulling the cast-iron before someone saw us in there. A couple minutes later, the door swings open, pauses, and swings shut again. I walk over, open the door, and look inside... Nobody there, just an empty room. So, I shut the door, and go back to helping C.W. Just then, "swing" goes the door, a short pause, and it closes again.

By now, C.W.'s looking kind of nervous, and I'm not really as cool as I'm letting on, either. However, when the door swung open again, it made me madder than I was scared, and I yelled,

"WAITAMINNIT! I don't know who, or what you are, but I know one thing... You ain't got no more use for this sink, and we DO! So get the @#&^ OUT!"

With that, the door swung shut... And stayed that way.

Other hauntings by alandhopewell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alandhopewell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Demons can seem to be whatever suits their fancy; their job is to decieve man about his need for salvation, and to draw him away from Christ.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
I gotta pay you this one, it's going into my favourites because it's so hilarious. Please tell me you don't think this one was a demon, too. I'm no expert but you can't have that much fun with a demon, or can you?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I can just see it now. This spirit was like, "JEEZ. I just wanted to come and say hi and you gotta go yelling at me. Go on with your illegal activities then!"

Hahaha...nice one!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Ahahaha this story is stained with awesomeness loved it ahaha! Dragonwalker you reminded me of a song that's talks about fixing sinks! "Do what you gotta do just fix my sink" bahaha! Cmon someone has to know it! 😆

Great story alandhopewell! Classic!

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
great story as per usual 😁
Broken record ~adding to favs loved it made me laugh 😆
Carl
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
LOL. "Dude, where's my sink?" Or as parents say, "In or out, make up your mind and then leave teh door closed!" Nobody likes a hoverer!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Great story! I have to say you're reaction made me laugh too. I can just imagine the spirit being like..."Ok ok, you don't have to shout"! LOL! 😆 Thanks for sharing your experience with us. 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
I'm afraid you are already on my favorite posters list, Lou. 😆 Haha.

AF1
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Aia,
Put me on the list of your favorite posters, and I'll tell you how to get that fish hook out of your lip...

:P
Lou
aiafaith1 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
LOL! This story is going on my favorites! Love how you ended it. 😆

Lou, are you serious? That's amazing! 😁
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Dude,

That was my old house. That pantry door was a pain, always unlatching on its own. We couldn't find a nail to tie it to, so we wrapped it around some pipes... I think they ran to our old cast iron sink, or somethin'.

;) Lou
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Favoriting this one for pure comic gold! 😆
I needed a giggle to start my day. Thanks for sharing this!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: