You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Health Club Zumba Ghost In Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Health Club Zumba Ghost In Mirror

 

This happened to me about two weeks ago at the gym and I still can't truly comprehend what I saw. I have been faithfully going to a Zumba class at my gym since January. For the most part the same people go, especially the Wednesday night class. I go to other classes but this incident happened on this night.

The studio where the Zumba class takes place has mirrors all around so you can pretty much see everyone. I tend to stand in the front row so I can see the instructor well. When the class began everything seemed as usual. The instructor started the class and her upbeat routines. My eyes were focused on the instructor, but once in a while I would look straight in front of me at the mirror. At about the third song I looked up in front of me and something caught my attention.

I saw this person I had never seen before about two rows straight in back of me. She was not there when I looked into the mirror last... Which was not that long ago. I thought maybe she had snuck in. New people join the class so it shouldn't have surprised me but this person looked different. For starters she had the body of a girl of about 12 or 13, but her head and face were very unique. They seemed larger than normal, kind of almost squared shape and while she was doing the Zumba routines her face had a far off look. She had long brown hair and her eyes were dark. She kind of looked Native American or Latina. She had no reaction or expression on her face at all and just moved back and forth. Rarely had I seen children or pre-teens in the class.

I continued the Zumba moves, and glanced again at this girl. She looked very lost and then stopped moving, but still looking straight ahead. Then we did a move where we turned around and when I did turn, this girl was not there behind me. She was gone. When I faced the mirror a second later she was not there. I look all around, but even if she had left I would have seen her run out the door or seen the door slowly close behind her. The door was shut; no sign anyone had left. I then got this really creepy feeling and the shivers.

After class I made a mention to the ladies standing next to her in that row something like "I wonder where that young girl went who was standing by you," One of the women simply said, "What young girl? There was no young girl here."

I have been going to this gym for years and have continued to go to this and other Zumba classes. I have never seen her again nor had I ever seen her prior to that. After a while you start seeing the same people over and over at the they gym but not her. It was odd. Just the fact that this girl did not seem "normal" made me wonder if she was a ghost. But why would I only see her through the mirror? It didn't look like she liked the Zumba class. I know our gym was recently remodeled, but I don't know any history of anyone dying there.

I have no idea what I saw. I have seen apparitions before but it's been a few months.

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
It was kind of like a Micheal Jackson thriller video clip, with ghosts instead of zombies. Coool moves for the ghost with the most, going to number 5 on the charts. Freaky sort of exercise class, I bet you will go to the back of the class next time, where the mirror is not as prominent.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Mirrors have been considered by many cultures as a way of folks seeing - otherness.

Http://www.obsidianmagazine.com/Pages/mirror.html

From the polished shield of Perseus, to it's use as a scrying tool, the mirror has been often considered as a sort of 'doorway' to the land of the dead.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I went to my Wednesday night Zumba class yesterday... No sign of the ghost... Maybe it was a wandering spirit. There are some old dilapidated abandoned barns and a creepy old abandoned house across the street from the gym. (I hate parking in front of it if the gym lot is full-I get shivers just thinking about this house) So you never know. I don't know if anyone else noticed her in the mirror. All I know is that the ladies standing by her didn't see her. I have never liked mirrors... They always creep me out. In this studio setting I never minded it too much but now I'm all paranoid! The other day the instructor's son was sitting in the back I kept wondering... Is he real or a ghost? Lol... But then he went to give his mom a CD so I knew he was real. Still no sign of this ghost which is fine by me. It is odd though.
flamingschizoid (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
This was a scary story. And I signed up for a zumba class tomorrow but now after reading this story I think I'll take kick boxing instead!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
She was probably just passing through perhaps and thought she would get in to the action. 😁 If you have never experienced anything there before and nobody else has it gives credit to her being a wandering spirit. The reason why you only saw her in the mirror is anyones guess, I do recall hearing some explanation about it once, about but I honeslty cannot remember! Sorry bout that! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Whoa. This would make going to Zumba more interesting, if that is possible! I love zumaba!

Thanks for the great story! ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Maybe the ghost has been watching the people Zumba dance for a while and she wanted to try it out for herself. I would have just said you saw a stranger in the classroom, but the way you decribed her makes it seem like there is more going on here. Something creepy.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
how strange! I know zumba can be fun but a spirit joining in 😆
And with no one else seeing her too that would be freaky
Thanks for sharing
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: