You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Night Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Night Scare

 

One night, my cousins decided to sleep over my grandma's (the upper part of my house) house, and I did too.

My older cousin, Jonathan (Johnny), had to get up at 4 am to go to work with my aunt and uncle, so my uncle told us to go to sleep immediately. But, us being teenagers, we ignored him. We all went on our I Phones and talked about a variety of things.

Then, we began to talk about the ghosts in their house and the dreams that went with it. I started talking about the ghosts here, when suddenly; something hit the iron on the back of my bed, right behind my head, hard. We all froze, then began to panic a little. Now, I know it wasn't my cousins, because Johnny was on the couch in front of me, and although I was sharing the bed with my other cousin, Kim, she was sitting up in the middle of the bed, no where near the back of the bed.

When I and Kim looked for anything that could've caused it, there was nothing but the carpet on the floor. Johnny looked like he wanted to run out of here, and Kim was creeped out. We also tried to recreate the sound, but we found to make the sound, you had to hit the iron hard with your knuckles.

After that, we went back to talking, but we were all scared. Then, we heard foot steps and immediately thought, "Crap, he's going to see us awake". We all flopped down into fake sleeping positions. We heard a click of the light switch and more footsteps, but no light and no person. Still, we waited for 3 minutes, and then sat up. We all then decided that if it was our uncle, or anyone, they would have turned on the light.

Then, there was a prominent tap on the ceiling. It could only come from the attic. The Johnny pointed out that no one's ever been to the attic. Only after turning on the light were we able to sleep after wards.

When I told this to my mom, she still thought there were no ghosts, that one of my cousins had done this. What do you think, because I'm starting to doubt my sanity.

Other hauntings by Sea_Wolfe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sea_Wolfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
Glad you mentioned that Devious there being 3 teenagers in that room could very well have been the cause for this activity. Also I think it was more to do with female teenagers then males. Definitely something to think about. What are the other events that happen there if you don't mind me asking? It could be something completely differant! 😕

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I would suggest looking up something called RSPK - Recurrent Spontaneous Psychokinesis. This is a paranormal/scientific condition hypothesized by William G. Roll to be responsible for many of the symptoms people who claim to be haunted by poltergeists experience. It is caused by humans themselves, who have worked themselves into an excited state. Essentially, the brain sends out sharp waves of psychokinetic force, causing objects to move, strange sounds, etc.
Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Yeah, all three of us did see this. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my imagination
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Talking excitedly and getting a thrill out of ghost talk, if there are ghost (s) there will be an invitation for them to manifest their presence to you. If they know you are interested in them, they may give you some response. I don't think it possible as bacchaegrl says that you imagined it all, for I assume all three of you heard the pings and knocks. I know too from experience as I have experienced it before, more than once.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Well...I don't know about this. Sure the footsteps part would be rather alarming, but as for taps and pings, it just seems so incidental. You were talking about ghosts when this all started to happen. Could it be possible that you all freaked yourselves out? I find that when scary things are being discussed, scary things that aren't real tend to happen. Have you encountered any other activity in that place? Was this a one time thing? Maybe you were just scared and imagined it all. That's always a possibility.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: