You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Just Paranoid

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Just Paranoid

 

I am really freaked out right now. I mean, I get creeped out a lot; I'm really paranoid of the supernatural. But this was different. I am legitimately scared. Here's what happened.

Our house has the kitchen, study and lounge room in one end, then there's a long hallway (that has never failed to scare the living daylights out of me) that connects my room, my parent's room, my sister's room and the toilet and bathroom. So if I was standing in the kitchen, looking into the lounge room, there is no way anyone could walk past me, down the hallway, and into their bedroom without me noticing.

So, as you may have guessed, I was standing in the kitchen after just getting myself a vegemite covered vita-wheat (I'm Aussie and hungry. Vegemite? Pure satisfaction) when I saw my little poodle x shiat zu run past me and dart into the lounge room, where I saw who I thought was my dad walking around the corner to the door. I figured Muffin (my dog. And he's a boy. My sister got naming rights.) was just barking at him as he does anytime he thinks we're going for a walk without him. So naturally, I didn't think much of it, until my mum (who was in the study) called out something to my dad, and he answered her - from down the hallway.

I thought I must have heard him wrong, and he just sounded like he was down the hallway, but when I turned my head to the right I saw his bedroom light on and his shadow moving across the wall. That's when I started panicking.

"Dad, where are you?" I half choked on my words. "I'm down here." Yeah, really helpful. I was almost to the point of praying it was him standing in front of the door (which I couldn't see, I could just see Muffin barking at someone) and my sister had just wondered into my parents room for whatever reason a young teenage girl would want to. But no, my dad popped his head out of the door and gave me a strange look. "What's wrong?" my mum asked me, and me, thinking a burglar must've broken in, asked: "Who's in the lounge room? "She, of course, said no one. My dad came down the hallway at that moment asking what I was on about, and I kept insisting that someone was in front of the doorway and that Muffin was barking at them.

Dad went to investigate and I followed, but no one was there when I turned the corner and stood in front of the doorway. The doors were locked, and the only way to lock them is from the inside the house, and I didn't hear the door open or close. I looked around to see if someone was hiding behind the lounge or something, but there was nothing. Muffin was still barking.

I was nearly in tears with how scared I was... Still am. But even if this sounds wussy, I really did see someone. My mum thinks it was just the TV reflecting in my eyes, but I saw a freaking arm and about half of a man's body turning the corner to the doorway. It honestly looked like my dad, and when he came to investigate he had the same jacket on that I thought I saw on the mystery arm.

So yeah, this is what has me up at 11:25pm, not getting sleep for my classes tomorrow, which I need to pay attention in for the exams next week, and definitely not feeling like sleep is coming any time soon.

Has anyone got any ideas about what I saw? Was it really just a figment of my imagination? Or is the "ghost" friend in my house that my friends and myself joke about really here?

Just on a side note, after typing the word ghost just now, my hands are starting to feel like ice. That could just be because I've freaked myself out, or because it's cold, but you never know...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crazymisscarly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crazymisscarly (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Thanks for the support guys. I will type up some of my other expriences
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Ghost? No. Doppelganger? Very possible.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Or even a fetch.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetch_ (folklore)
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
The dog barking is a big give away...i'm sorry to say this to you Carly, but...YOU'VE GOT A FRICKIN GHOST IN YOUR HOME! Lol!

But yeah, its known that animals, esp cats and dogs have this 'sixth sense' ability to see otherworldly beings. Us humans have a veil over our eyes, which stops us seeing the other parralell world or spirit realm. As kids, some of us have that abilty too, but as we get older we lose that sixth sense.

Question now is what do you do? I suggest you concentrating on your studies. These things exist. We just gotta learn to live with 'em...

...just as long as they don't get malevolent!

Take care
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
crazymisscarly, there is no need to be worried. You need to focus on your exams, and I hope you pass everything. On to the Spirit, it could've been a simple doppelganger. Look it up on Google or something. And I have to agree with Kristy_Glick on this one.
I'm personally 'on the fence' about Vegemite, my Husband loves Vegemite, but I'm more of a Marmite girl myself 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
WhoCares7991 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Well, as where the unknown is scary, until bad things start happening like things moving around or falling for no reason I think the best you can do to not drive yourself crazy is let it be, focus on something else. I know how you feel though.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
What Kristy_Glick says about the residual haunting makes a lot of sense. I am quite inexperienced of explanations, but I have heard mention of Doppelganger spirits too, which seem to copy the appearance of living beings in order to fool those who know them. Thanks for the story. Twas a good read. I STRONGLY disagree about 1 part though... Vegemite is awful stuff 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I'm not saying this to make fun of you or anything but could the stress of your exam make you imagine things? Or was there some kind of shadow?
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I had a similar experience where I saw a man I thought was my father only to hear him answer me from a different part of the house. I never did figure out exactly what it was; that house was full of a lot of different energies, so it was difficult to pinpoint the cause.

You mention you and your friends joke about a "ghost friend" in your house; what else has happened to make you think you have a ghost? What kind of energies have you felt? Do you know anything about the history of your house?

It's also possible- and I know I'm going out on a limb here- that it was just a residual haunting of your father. Not all hauntings are by intelligent spirits that interact with the environment and people in it. Sometimes 'scenes' replay of things that happened in the house before, and these are more like TV reruns than an active haunting.

I hope you are able to find the answers you need!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: