You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Whispers In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In The Attic

 

This is my first story here, so I hope I'm doing this right! Two months ago me and my friend Amy were exploring my attic. I have a huge attic and it's got all these old trunks and stuff in it left over from the old lady who sold it to us. We had just opened up a trunk and were pulling out all these old Victorian era looking dresses when I pulled out an old cracked Victorian doll. The doll's face was cracked and dirty, and her faded blue dress was ripped and stained, I thought she was beautiful, and I ran down stairs to put her with all my other dolls. We continued going through trunks when we found a another trunk that had little kids clothing in it, again it looked as though they were from the victorian era, I found a baby's christening gown, that had a tag on it that said: "Victoria, May 2 1902".

Amy went home and that was when things got weird. At first I thought I'd left my Baby Anabelle doll on, because I heard a baby crying, but when I went upstairs to my room, I remembered that her batteries were dead. This kept happening on and off all day, and I was starting to freak out. I went upstairs to get my Morgana Living Dead Doll, who was on my bedside shelf thingy, right next to the new doll, and I saw that Morgana was on the floor. Now I knew she couldn't have fallen off because I had made a little fence thing to keep my dolls from falling, and I also noticed that the old doll had her hand outstretched, like she'd pushed Morgana off.

I grabbed Morgana and repositioned the old doll and went down stairs. I was reading when I heard the baby crying again, this time really loudly. I ran upstairs, with Morgana in hand and it felt like something was pulling Morgana out of my hand. I went into my room and the old doll was on my bed, looking at the wall. Now I was the only one home, and my cats couldn't have done this, so I went back into the attic and all the clothes were thrown around all messy, but I always put them back in the trunks.

I locked the old doll and the christening gown up and my stuff hasn't moved and I haven't heard the baby crying. I really want to know what's going on now! I haven't been near the trunk that the stuffs in, at all. I think that maybe, a little child is attached to the doll, and the baby 'Victoria' is attached to the gown, but I honestly don't know. Anyone who knows what I should do please comment! Please!

Other hauntings by ElfEars66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ElfEars66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Wow this story gave me chills. I always get freaked out with haunted stories regarding dolls. There is something attached to the doll like others have mentioned. Maybe you can talk to a minister or spiritual adviser and have a rest in peace ritual so that the spirit can cross over. I'm glad you did at least take some flowers and apologize. I think this needs to be taken care of with care and respect.
ElfEars66 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
When the submition page opens back up, otteer I'll post some of my other stories and a few of my friends stories. I think the old lady's name was Darcy or something that began with a "D".
Yeah, I picked some flowers and set them on the trunk and said "I'm sorry for messing your stuff up. I love your doll, she's very pretty! I hope we can be friends" and as I left a heard a giggle (that freaked me out and made me jump down the last 5 steps 😁)
❤ Elf
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Wow, maybe the old lady is Anna and she went to crazy town because of Emily. (speculation, speculation, speculation lol). So this may have happened before. Well. Nice to know a name I would say. Anything else happening around your house since you posted? Keep us updated, this is going in my favs!:) ❤
ElfEars66 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Yeah,the old lady went to crazy town so I can't ask her, but I did find a little note in a corner the other day that said "Emily, I am truly sorry for taking Rosa, and I hope that you will forgive me. I made her a new dress, blue with pink roses, just like my one. Your faithful friend, Anna"
And the creepy thing is, the dolls dress is blue with very faded pink flowers on it. There was a bit more to the letter but it's ripped and that's all I could see. ❤ Elf
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
I would either leave things alone, or try to pass the items on to the old woman who sold you the house or her closest relatives.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Samwinchester, your posts bother me. Watching the TV show "Supernatural" is not a guide on how to really deal with ghosts and spirits. You can't just burn it all and everything goes back to normal. In fact, burning the possessions of an entity could infuriate it further, and just lead to more issues.

[at] OP, I would talk to a local pastor, or faith-leader and explain to them the story about what happened. More often than not, this actually helps. Get the pastor to go to your house, and show him the trunk in question. Tell him your concerns. He or she may be able to help more than you know.

Regards,
Penny ❤
samwinchester30 (1 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
My advice: Burn the doll immediately! If not, the spirit could get pissed off and do something bad to you.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
That would make one heck of an eBay auction! "Trunk with victorian mystery contents, guaranteed to have at least one haunted item in it."

I too think you disturbed the resting place of a cherished childhood friend. If I was the family of the old owner I would like to receive the items, but, seems like they would have helped move the old lady, maybe they left it behind on purpose. Maybe put a fresh flower on the chest and tell the "air" you were sorry you distressed it. (id do weird things like that)

Strange happenings, glad all is quiet now. ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
I would stay away from that trunk. They don't want anything inside to be bothered. Leave all those things alone like you would someones tomb
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
I would be in heaven if I found old trunks from the Victorian Era! That would be so exciting to look through! But yeah... Not good when a child's spirit is letting itself be heard. Finding the old owner would probably be a good thing. I agree with taz, you might get some good money for that stuff. Or give it to me! 😉
Nikita (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Hello:)

I definitely agree with taz890 on the finding out from this old lady's relatives (or the old lady herself if she is still alive) what the deal is here. It could lead to a very interesting story and help you figure out why this spirit is still here. If you want to keep the things then it may be an idea to know what you will be dealing with completely.

I'm not too sure I agree on selling the goods though, it may have a negative impact, in that that spirit then gets angry that you did that or something...

Just my two cents:)
Amazinghost (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Ok heres the thing, so I have studied things like this before, it seems as though that you have disturbed a spirit in your house, sounds nutso, but its not, spirits/demons/ghosts only reveal themselves through some forms of sight or sound, you are experiencing sound, so far you have heard a baby crying, in other cases people have heard crying, giggling/laughing, whispers, their name being called.

I personally think you have disturbed a spirit by moving the doll and I advise you lock it back in the trunk and get the trunks out of the house.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
hi there elf (yep checked profile)
This is an interesting story, personaly I wish I had an attic like that full of old trunks with "stuff" in them.
There are a few things you could do~
1> just get rid of the stuff
2> try to find out if the past owner has family and pass it on
3> sell it on, stuff like that could be worth a few dollars

You obviously don't want the stuff out and I'm guessing your parents won't either...
So it all depends if your willing to take the time to try and trace any family of the old owner
Or setting up an ebay account

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: