You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Forest Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Little Forest Boy

 

Back when I lived in Scotland, we lived near a forest and I'd go walking all the time.

Once I saw what looked like a little boy. He looked to be about two or three with blonde hair, and jeans and a blue tee-shirt on. He was hiding behind a tree, and I knew that there was a rather big hole behind the tree so I ran up to him and told him to watch out, but when I got there, he was gone. There was no way he could have run away; there were no big trees around, or bushes that he could hidden by. I got the hell outta there!

Then about, three or four weeks later, I was walking in the forest, much deeper in this time, and I saw him again, dressed in the same clothes... Now there was a stream/river in the forest and I didn't want him to fall in because he was leaning over the water, so I went over to him and said: "Sweetie, be careful! Where's your mum?" He turned to look at me and ran over by a bush, I walked over to the bush and he was gone. I was really freaked out again, but I kept looking for him, I wanted to make sure he hadn't gotten lost or anything, but I couldn't find him.

I saw him many other times, and each time, he'd look at me and run away, I only heard him speak once, and that one time he said: "Mummy?" That was the only time I ever heard him speak.

The one time that sticks in my mind though, was when I was with my friend Rose and I was telling her about the little boy, we were walking slowly, and Rose kept looking around for the little boy, I was just telling her about the time when I heard him speak when she gasped, grabbed my arm and pointed up ahead at a little path going into all these brambles. I followed her gaze and saw him standing there, staring at us. Rose started pulling my arm trying to get me to go back, but I wouldn't. I got pretty close to him, and he just turned away, run behind a tree and vanished.

Now I know that people are going to say why didn't I run faster, well I didn't want to scare him, and the last time I saw him, I was trying to pick my way through thistles. I never saw him again, and later that year we moved to Texas.

Any ideas on why he's there will be welcomed!

Other hauntings by ElfEars66

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ElfEars66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ElfEars66 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
hidden-joker,I did see some dirt on his tee-shirt, but he is a little boy, and all the little boys I've ever babysat were always dirty from playing in mud, I did google it, but no luck, I don't know the mile radius, his tennies were a darkish blue, just like normal little boys, I thought I was going crazy the first time I saw him!, well, near by there was a "park" basicly (I can't spell today!) a large area of grass with a tree and a rock that had been found on a stone/iron age persons grave. The "park" had been a stone/iron age graveyard. The history of the forest I don't know sorry! I don't know why he was running from me, I guessed it was "stanger danger" kicking in. I still think about him, and if I go back to Scotland this summer, I'll take my video cam and walk around the forest to see if I can help him.
Thanks for all the comments! ❤ Elf
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Ohhhhh this is so sad! I have to agree with hidden-joker, he is attached to the forest, most likely died there. Curious, what's the mile radius that you saw him in? Maybe google that area to see if there are any other reports of the little boy or do a search for lost or dead child back to the 60's. Tee shirts started to be colored in the 60's, light blue with pockets. What about his tennis shoes, or sneakers? They would help date him.
Bless his little heart, hope someone can help him. I have heard you can cross someone with help even if they are elsewhere. Maybe a medium can help you with that if you are up to it.

Thanks for sharing. Poor little boy. Poor you, that must have been hard on you too!

❤ ❤
hidden-joker (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Oh my, that's really sad. I rather like this story, though, you are very fortunate to have seen him!
My personal guess is that this child was either lost and died in the forest, or perhaps he was left there.
Being that you heard him call out, looking for his mother, I'd presume he was lost. Do you remember if there was anything strange about his clothing? As in, how old it may have looked, or did you see any marks on it, such as dirt stains or rips? I would also ask about the history of the forest. Thank you very very much for sharing this!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
At first I thought he was one of the little people. One of the good folk. But if he's asking for his mommy, now I don't know what to think. Why is he running away from you? He seems to be quite the conflicted little spirit.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Ah the poor little boy. The fact that you heard him say "mummy" makes me think that he is or was probably a lost child. Maybe if you ever travel back to Scotland you should go back to the forest for a walk and see if he turns up again maybe he took a liking to you.
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
Child ghosts always make me sad. 😢

It's a shame he was frightened of you; I wonder how many other people encountered him besides you and your friend? Maybe some little kids living nearby had an 'imaginary friend' in him.

Hopefully someone will come along who can help the little boy move on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: