You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted House Strange To Say The Least

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted House Strange To Say The Least

 

The house all this activity takes place in is in, South Africa, Parow. This was the house I grew up in and I never grew up alone.

The first thing I noticed was the footsteps in the hall (I was around 10 years old). They were heavy like someone wearing boots and walking on a wood floor the thing was we had carpets. Underneath the carpet was wood but if you walk on it you can't hear the wood.

I brushed it off at first but it happened every night. I told my stepmother and father about it but they told me I have an over active imagination. I later told my stepsister and she didn't believe me either until she experienced it too.

We were in my room with the fan on. I told her to go turn it off it's getting cold. She stood up and turned it off (the knob is very stuborn by the way it takes a litle effort to turn it).

The moment she came back to sit on the bed the fan went on full blast. We stared at each other for 5 minutes before moving or speaking. I eventualy went to turn it off and it did not happen again. She never went into my room again though. The foot steps got louder through the years and it got closer to my room. Now, at the moment, it comes to in front of my door and turns around.

My first sighting I had was when I was fifteen, my sister called me to show me something on the internet I went trough my door and for some reason I looked left of me. I saw a little girl standing in the halway.

I can remember how she looked so perfectly it actually scares me. She had long brown hair tied back with a pony on top of her head like parents do with little girl's hair. She had an odd blue dress on, somewhat old looking and the freakiest part was she was holding a teddy bear in one hand.

Naturaly I screamed and ran for the room my sister was in. She came running out to ask what was wrong. I told her everything but she brused it off (again). The girl's face still haunts me so perfect yet so scary.

The second sighting was a shadow. My boyfriend and I were in my room chatting and we saw a shadow on the wall walking in the kithen. We thought someone had broke into the house, but when he went to look no one was there.

Overall the vibe in the house is awfull. When you walk into the house it feels like you are tresspassing. Five different friends told me that. My stepmother had a psychic friend. She came to visit, but stopped at the front door saying she would not go in, it does not want her to. What is that suposed to mean?

What I realy do not understand is nothing happened to my family when I was there, so every one thought I was crazy but as soon as I left (october 2010) things started to get out of hand in the house. My stepmother would hear people calling her name, her stuff would move from one place to another and she was once thrown with a hanger! My father was touched on his arm one night, he refused to sleep in that room again (my old room).

My step sister was pushed down on the bed more than once.

A Few months ago I went back to the house with my boyfriend to watch it for my parents were on vacation. It was about 12:30 in the night. We went to my room and I dozed off then I heard the foot steps. I did not tell my boyfriend the house was haunted. He heard it too and asked me what it was.

I prenteded not to hear it and told him to go to sleep. A few minutes later he asked me if I said something. I asked him what he heard, he told me someone said halo right infront of his face (I did not hear anything). Five minutes later he flew out of bed and started cursing. I was so suprised I did not ask him what was wrong. He looked at me and told me that something was trying to get on the bed, he could feel the pressure on the foot end of the bed (once again I did not feel anything). He was hysterical almost crying and refused to sleep in the house he said he did not feel welcome.

Why are the spirits in this house nasty to everyone but me? I don't undertand it. Please post what you think is wrong. Thanks for reading my long tale:D

Other hauntings by ladymoondust

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladymoondust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-13)
Im always glad to find people who grew up in the same areas as me with stories:D
RedFairy (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Not wanting to resurrect an old thread here, but I only recently discovered this site, and I'm fascinated and overjoyed that not only are there people on here from South Africa, but that some of you grew up in the same neighbourhood as me! 😆
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-17)
Of course Granny is right! 😁 I wouldn't give anyone my telephone number or banking details on an open forum, so even a general idea of where someone lives is just as dangerous. I clearly wasn't thinking. My mom grew up in the Parow East / Avondale area, so I know it quite well. I'll contact you sometime and we can share stories. Keep well. 😊
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
uhm I don't know if its apropiate to say this but if you want to share information about the parow area in a more safer way my email is on my profile. Granny is right you never know who stalkes around these days lol
😲 😆
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
well I'm in parow east next to the train tracks... (no adress this time 😳) my friend stayed in parow west and she had the creepiest house ever! Hmm is that the churh where there is little wall dedicated to past people (don't know if the ashes are in there too I dought it) the church has a lot of wood in it or am I off base now?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
ladymoondust: I understand, it was an honest mistake... Just looking out for you! ❤

Nordic: Apology accepted... I understand that you meant no harm...

All we are are names and words on a page... No one can know what another's intentions are by merely corresponding on a website... I believe this was innocent interaction, however, there may be others lurking whose intentions are far from noble...

Personal information should never be divulged, no matter the person's age or gender...
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Geez, I feel like an idiot now... Sorry Granny and Ladymoondust, I guess it was not the right thing to ask. I just thought that since Ladymoondust has moved away from the area and my parents have also moved away, that it might make an interesting point of discussion.

Anyway, Ladymoondust, I grew up in Parow West -- I can say this, can't I? -- and most of the activity in my house and those of my friends seem to be related to the convent and convent school that were demolished to build what is formally known as Churchill Estate -- That's the part between Tallent Street and Giel Basson Drive. The Catholic Church to which the land belonged is still there, just opposite the Pick 'n Pay and next to Giel Basson Drive.

Didn't mean any harm, just wanted a general idea of the area and whether we might have experienced some of the same things in the same area.
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
ooh I'm so sorry... Youre right I wasn't thinking clearly... I got so excited at the fact that there is someone who know my area I just wonder if she would know more than me. I aplogize for that mistake granny it won't happen again 😢
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
ladymoondust: I'm sorry, but I deleted your last comment... Such information should NEVER be given on the internet to strangers! 😐...Please use your head 😊 ❤
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Hi Ladymoondust, you have some serious activity in that house. Do you mind if I ask where in Parow this happened -- which street? I grew up in Parow and lived there for the best part of 30 years. My home was also terribly active and only now that my parents have sold the home that they had built on open land in 1977 have I actually had the guts to confront them about everything that was going on and whether they also bore witness to it.

Otteer, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find records of homes or neighbourhoods in South Africa. I am a researcher by profession, so I know how to search, but it seems close to impossible to locate any information. I actually feel quite envious when people suggest looking up the history of homes or towns, as it just isn't available to us. I would love to be able to do some research into the area in which I grew up, as it is so active. In an area of about three streets and two blocks, which isn't very large, I know of at least 10 houses in Parow, and that's just the people I personally knew, that are haunted. Funnily enough, this area was newly developed in the late 70s, so it would be really interesting to get a hold of the history of the land and area. Wish I could 😊
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
hey guys I submitted anouther story watch for it if you are interested "did it follow me home"
Comming soon (I hope)

❤ ❤
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
When I read this story my immediate thoughts were that you have acknowledged the ghost so it knows you are listening and everyone else brushed it off, so I think it wants attention and to be recognised which is why the activity became worse when you left. You also said that you had not told your boyfriend so I believe the spirit wanted him to recognise it to. The fact that the psychic friend did not want to come in just may mean that you need to get someone who actually clears houses for a living because it sounds like you definately have more than one there!
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
The most part lol what part did you think I made up?

If I were you I'd think the part of the girl becouze it sounds as fake as it felt I still can't believe it
abb188 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
i believe you for the most part. Because my moms friend once told me a story juuust like this with a old man with boots, & I have a ghost and its never messed with me either. 😕
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
my stepmom tries her best to ignore them she won't alow it... I kind of see them as my friends I know it sounds crazy but sometimes when I was down I talked to them I don't know if they listined but it made me feel better:D lol
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Not all spirits will leave their enviornment from what I have read. I'm just saying that it tolerates you and goes after everyone else. Lol, maybe because you try and communicate with it. Glad you named them, they might like that although it dosnt sound like they liked you telling what to do! Maybe an evp session would be helpful and or, bring in a psychic (with your stepmoms permission) to see if you can find out who they are and if they need help.
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
thanx for comenting eliroberts. What's in your house? 😊 I hope its not too bad
eliroberts12 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
That gave me the shivers when I was reding it but I think it's a good thing that the ghost protects you from any body that can hurt you like the one in my house. 😕
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
violet that is freaky! Do you reconize the song or is it unfamiliar? Lol wish I could hear it and see if it has the same effect on me have you tried that yet? Get someone there at that exact time and see if it happends too them too

Thank you all for commenting! ❤
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
the thing is it doesn't follow me. It stays in the house if it wants to protect me why not stay with me? Believe me it knows it is scary. I've asked it to stop walking in the night and to answer me for a week it didn't walk up and down it ran up and down making even more noise! I have grown familiar with it if I hear them I greet them and I have names for them. Maybe that's why they don't want to leave I've acepted them? Made it comfortble for them but they still don't respect my wishes I'm confused!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Great story! Is this an old home maybe going back to the estabishment of your hometown in the 1900's? I am wondering if you have done any research on the home, or neighborhood.

I was thinking that this entity has attached itself to you as you are an open door so to speak, maybe it is feeling protective of it's "living person" and really dosnt want anyone around but tolerates you?

You may want to speak to it and let it know it is scaring the people you care about and you want it to stop, maybe offer to live peacefully together and allow it to communicate with you in exchange for leaving your family and friends alone.

This is only my opinion as I have never had to do something like this, my visitors are peaceful although the electronic manipulation seems to be getting more frequent, must be the weather!

It seems most everyone agree's with the protective thing, so use that to come to some agreement with the entity, and, if you are up to it, offer to try and help it if it is willing to communicate with you what it wants.

Good luck and keep us updated... Ill be watching for a reply! ❤ ❤
-Voilet- (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Wow that's pretty freaky!
I have had strange things like that happen to me too.
When I would go upstairs to go to bed at night, I would hear someone singing a song that always made me feel very sad.
And the thing was, it would always happen on a Wednsday night at 11:00!
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
hi guys thank you for comenting. The thing I didn't mention is my mother died in that house she was sick but I don't want to ralate her to anything that would hurt someone she was such a nice person can it be? And the house is full of bibles and we had a priest come over and bless the house it was gone for 2 days then it came back again. And my stepmother said it was worse.
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
yeah... That sure was a good dtory...
But you could try to keep a crucifix in the entrance and if that doesn't work I's go for blessing the house. Though I understand that these things don't mean any harm to you. These can harm your lived one. I believe that...
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Freaky- and Interesting, did you ever try blessing the house? Or well- I don't know... Cool story.
MaganDeth (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
I really think the ghost/spirit has some connection to you, maybe it feels its protecting you from something or someone and doesn't much care for your family or boyfriend. I would go with the blessing of the house, maybe that will work. 😕
aliety92 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
i really don't know what to say to that, it feels that whatever it is likes you and somehow it was mad when you left the house and it's mad that your boyfriend was next to you. I think that maybe it is obssessed with you:S I really hope you can do something about it maybe bless the house or contact somebody that deals with those sort of things?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: