You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Baby Handprints

Real Ghost Stories

The Baby Handprints

 

I live at home with my mum, my dad and my 16 year old brother in Kent, England. I have had a few paranormal experiences in my lifetime, but this one is the scariest for the simple fact it occurred within seconds of me leaving my bathroom and that I believe there is a very sad story behind it all.

One evening a few weeks ago I was in the shower. Opposite my shower is a mirror which always gets completely steamed up whenever you use hot water for a long while, such as when you have a bath or a shower.

As I said before, I was in the shower a few weeks ago and I was done I went out onto the landing to get a towel from the banister. When I came back I was shocked to find two small handprints on the mirror. I went up to the mirror and made a handprint next to them. They were absolutely tiny! There were no babies in my house at the time as there aren't any babies in my family. I had no idea what it could be but they were definitely human and I had not made contact with until I saw the handprints.

Naturally, I was really scared and so rubbed them off without telling anyone, and I still haven't.

I have read some similar stories on various websites and so I believe that it is possible for spirits to make physical contact with people an objects. I believe someone was trying to contact me.

What do you think this means? There are no babies in my family, so is a young spirit trying to contact me? Please, please help me with my story! I'm scared that there is a child spirit/ghost in my house and for there to be a ghost/spirit there must have been a death. Do you think a child died in my house?

Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless, Emm_xoxo

Other hauntings by Emm_xoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emm_xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Crota (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-23)
This so so weird, I had very similar stuff happen with small hand prints. I live in a house with my husband at this time non of my friends had small kids. My husband was cleaning the mirror in th email bathroom and he wiped imthe mirror there were 2 small hand prints in the top right corner, he didn't really think anything of it until a couple months later it happened again. Fast forward a few more months and I was wearing a black bathing suit in the hot tub I got and went to dry off and there were 2 small white hand prints on the front of my bathing suit... Framed us out. Haven't noticed anything for about 2 years now up until last week again my brother was getting out of the hot tub and he had his clean towel hanging on the back of the chair he grabbed it dried off then went to hang it up and there were 2 small white hand prints.
raycis (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Hey Emm... Just read your story cause myself was looking up the purposeof tiny hand prints left where there are no kids around. Anyway stumbled upon this site and was in complete shock as I read your story as soon and got to the part that you were in the shower! I stopped there for a moment then contented, have you figured out what this means yet? Only cause the same exact thing almost word for word happened to me! But only after the shower like right after I found the same print on my tv screen.
Emm_xoxo (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Thank you for all your helpful comments, strangely enough I haven't experienced any occurrences like this since the said event happened!
coolkatg (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Great story, you sound genuinely scared. I can tell you'r not lying, If I were you, I would definately be scared to! But, if you want to find out if anyone died, try to get the place's history. Find your house in it, and see if anyone died there. Try to check a library of some sorts, or maybe even a short surf on the web can help you. I hope you find out more about this, and stay confident. If it's a baby/child, I'm pretty sure it's a positive energy. But just in case, sprinkle salt around the outside perimiter of the house, then in every room of your house. If it helps, the negetive spirits should go away. If they are positive spirits, they will most likely be there. I'm no expert, but I want to help.
Good luck, my friend!

Kat ❤
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
I agree with otteer and taz890. If the ghost really was trying to communicate, it probably didn't want to frighten you, so it acted like a child. Maybe it really was a child. There could be a death of a child from a while back that you never knew about. To find out who it really could be, try a physic to come and communicate with it to find out what happened and who it is. 😁 Like taz890 said, communicate through the mirror and talk to it. You could get a response. If you do, take a picture of it and show proof. Who knows you could find out the mystery in no time.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
hi emm_xoxo
Agree with otteer just because a spirit leaves small hand prints does not mean a child/baby.
It could have decided that small prints would not frighten you as much as an adult size set, how scared would you have been thinking an adult had been in there with you? Not a nice though.

It could have been "testing the waters" to see how you react to its presence without freaking you out totaly.

Personaly I would (next time I got a shower) let the mirror steam up write hi on it leave go back and see if any reply you never know or just tell whatever it is sorry don't want to chat thanks.

Anyway I don't think you have anything to worry about but that's just my thoughts 😊
Carl
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Hello Emm, thanks for sharing your story.

From what I understand, it could be male, female, young, old. They can take on any form, depending on their intentions. If this spirit decided to show you baby prints to make sure you distinguished it from other members of the household, it served its purpose well! This may be the first point of contact for you, or maybe the last. It was a unique experience but don't go to crazy about it, just keep your eyes and ears open for the next "hello". ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: