You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bird Out Of Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Bird Out Of Hell

 

This my first post on here. I have a weird story that I'm still to this day trying to get some sort of insight on, so your comments will be welcomed. But negative comments-- well whatever...

Before I start a little background. I was born in Haiti my mother is into Voodo and at one time so was I. I don't really consider myself psychic but my mom and I seems to know when things are going to happen usually through dreams. Anytime I dream of something bad is going to happen it happens. My husband is a bit freaked out by this. I dreamt he had gotten into a car accident and I told him this and 2-3 days later he did!

I was living in a area called little Haiti in Miami FL. This was an apartment building. We; my mother, sister, brother and I was staying in a 1 bedroom teeny tiny apartment. The apartment had somewhat a little shelter/porch. Ok so, my family went out can't remember where, I was 14 home alone and bored! My boyfriend at the time (Jean) called and asked if he can come over to chill I said ok. We had a couch/love seat outside the door of the apartment so when he came 15-20 minutes later that is where he sat.

So we were chit chatting when something kept telling me to look up! Look up! When I looked up I noticed what appeared to be a medium sized crow flying towards my direction (I was leaning up against the open door of our apartment). I thought nothing of it as I assumed the bird was just going to fly up higher due to-- it's a bird! So I go back to my conversation but that voice was nagging me! So I once again found myself focusing in on this crow that now seems to be approaching at full speed as well as it had gotten a little closer it didn't look like it was going to do a u-turn! Something kept telling me to duck! Duck! Duck! The minute I ducked that thing flew straight into our apartment! I was freaked out! I asked Jean if he had just seen that?! Because he was facing me he looked at me like I was crazy. He said he didn't see anything! I thought he was screwing around with me for the simple fact that was impossible! I said, didn't you see the bird that just came straight for my eyes?! He says no no I'm tripping! I was not! I don't smoke nor did I drink.

I went into the apartment searching for the bird because there was only one way in and out and that would be the front door. There was no open windows (it's the hood open window equals open invitation to thieves) I ripped that tiny apartment apart searching for this bird that I swore tried to rip my eyes our of it's sockets. I searched and searched. Nothing. It's as if this thing just disappeared into thin air!

Even after we moved I searched for the birds carcas/bones. Nothing. Till this day I'm 27 years old I still wonder if I maybe went crazy for 15 minutes! I swear on my brothers grave that this is a true story. I'm not crazy I may have ripped the house apart like a lunatic but I'm not crazy.

I also would like to add, we had a cat (not when this incident happened) who would always find a way out. We had rats so the cat was always inside we didn't let him out; but somehow, some way, everytime we'd leave, lock the cat inside tightly we'd come home to an empty apartment the cat is nowhere to be found. I always wondered how does he get out?! Like I said no open windows. That apartment was always creepy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mrs_Davis27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Hi, I'm aware this is a 'dead' story, but could this not just have been a crow / raven / rook without a fear of you, that flew into your apartment, and whilst you were talking with you ex boyfriend, flew out again. I was once stood with my brother, and a Jackdaw flew straight into his stomach, apart from being hilarious, it just seemed to be a miscalculation from the bird who was flying too close. (The bird was fine). I understand this bird is considered a mystical messenger, but I just believe it was just an odd natural occurrence.
Mrs_Davis27 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
[at] rookdygin
Yes we had some changes, me and jean broke up; my mom moved us around the corner to a new place while she closed on the house she currently resides in. As far as my eyes I've always had/have perfect vision, but about 5 years ago I had the shingles I almost lost my left eye. After jean I dated one loser after another until I met my husband Gary. I don't know/think it's connected but what do I know. Since this thing, I've seen & heard some weird things. I don't care to see any ghost. I'm not that hard to frighten so the things I hear & see makes me want to crap in my pants (pardon my french). Thank you everybody for your insights I had no ideas crows/ravens are omens. This is why I just had to post this story
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Very interesting experience... Ummmm I have to disagree with the folks who say the Crow is a sign of Ill Omen... (I will provide links)

The Crow (Raven/Rook...yup Rook 😉) is a messenger or an Omen of Change... Check out this link to Crow Medicine... Http://www.birdclan.org/crow.html

It is true that 'death' is a 'major change' but it the crow does not always represent something negative.

May I ask if there were any major changes in your life just after this happened? (ie: did you move, break up with your boyfriend... Things like this)

You mentioned this bird 'dove right at your 'face/eyes' did you experience a change in your eyesight or perhaps something else happened to you physically?

Just offering alternative thoughts, thanks for sharing with us. Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mrs_Davis27 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Hello everyone. Thank you all for your kind words as well as giving me some insight as to what that was about. Well nothing bad happened after that, after that bird attacked me it seemed to have opened the door to more weird things. I have more stories. 😁 😁
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Incredible experience. I would have done exactly the same thing: look for the bird. Facinating story. Thank you.
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
I totally agree. My ancestors too believed that crows and ravens are ill omens and the messengers of evil. God bless.
ShannonE (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Usually a Raven is the messenger of death, or so I'm told. I don't know when that happened to you but you better be careful. It could have been a warning of a terrible accident or death waiting to occur.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Thank you for sharing your experience. I've heard a lot of stories about crows and ravens lately. A lot of cultures say that they are messengers of sorts, usually showing up when there will be a death or to warn you that something bad might happen. Did anything happen after you saw the crow?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: