You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Final Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

A Final Goodbye

 

I understand that you cannot post dreams, but this is actually one of my ghostly encounters.

My grandfather died this past February. We were pretty close. He lived in a house right above mine and I was so used to his house being up there. My family and I, my mom, my dad, and my little sister, lived behind him for 15 years. We first lived in another house, but grandpa gave my dad the land below the house, so we moved down here.

I used to go up to my grandfather's house and sit up there with him and listen to him preach about the bible and sing. He loved to sing. I loved to hear him sing.

Ever since his death, I became more of an angry person. I have pushed people away and didn't want to be around anyone. I sat at my house and slept. I got so used to sleeping all the time, that's the only thing that I do when I get home from school. I sleep all day, and wake up just in time to eat, take a shower, and then fall back asleep again. I stopped paying attention in school. I got more and more depressed. I've been living with Major Depression and Anxiety for most of my life. It got worse after my grandpa's death.

I was in the room with him when he passed away. My little sister was at home, so she wasn't there to say goodbye to him. For two months all I could do was cry. My grandpa visited my sister's dream to give her some closure and let her know that he's doing okay. Somehow, this made me even angrier. I was being selfish and was wondering why he didn't visit me. After all, I was the one that was with him when he took his last breath.

I was also mad that they moved his house the day after he died. I went to school and came home, and his house wasn't there. I sat up there in the hole, and cried. My new boyfriend was supposed to be coming over to help me cope. This made me feel a little better.

One night, on a Sunday night I'm sure, I fell asleep earlier than usual. Somehow, the setting ended up being in my grandpa's house. My older sister was sitting at the kitchen table. We were talking and just joking around, and telling stories we remember a while back about grandpa. We heard singing, remember that my grandpa loved to sing. I and my sister went into the bathroom and I was scared to come out because I was scared to see a ghost.

I finally walked out and walked past the kitchen table. Something said to me, "Hello, Sarah." I turned around and it was my grandpa. I started crying and hugged him really hard. I kissed his forehead like I used to when I sat up there with him, and said to him "I miss you so much, I love you grandpa." He said, "I love you, too, Sarah. I'm doing alright, don't worry about me. I know you've become angrier and wondered why I had to go like I did, but listen, everything will be okay. You'll see me again someday." That literally made my heart smile.

I would finish the rest of the dream, but that's all that I remember, and I'm sure that's all I want to remember. I felt a little closure like my little sister did. I'm still a little angry and I'm still wondering why he had to go, but I'm starting to cope better with his death. Even though it's hard, I've had help with my friends and family, and of course, my boyfriend, which I really appreciate him being there for me through it all.

I still miss my grandpa terribly, and wish to this day that he was still here. I wouldn't wish him to come back, he's happier now and I should be happy that he is happy.

I love you grandpa, and I miss you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, savingsarah15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostdancer (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Im sorry to here about your grandfather. Your grandfather may have payed a visit to your sister because he did not have the chance to say a proper goodbye and and she may have been depressed aswell. You may not have had the chance either but it was good that he visited both of you. 😁
thenpea5 (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
god bless him I was crying when he visited you. God bless him and you and your sister
allie30 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-11)
I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad passed away in february, also, so understand exactly how you feel. I'm glad your grandfather came to you the way he did to tell you goodbye.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I'm sorry to hear your loss. It is actually a good thing that you and your grandpa finally had a closure. There are times that our loved ones will not say goodbye because in their mind they want to but their body could not, so instead, they say goodbye in our dreams. I'll pray that you will be able to cope up. It is good to know that your grandpa is now in a happier and better place.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
savingsarah15, what a beautiful story. I want to offer my condolences for your loss, if that's ok. It is nice to think that your grandfather still visted you in your dream. Thanks for sharing. And I hope that you feel better, please feel free to email me if you want/need someone to talk to.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
savingsarah15,
I think it was a wonderful thing that your Grandfather came back to put your heart at ease. What a beautiful story you've shared with us. Thank you for that and bless you for loving your Grandfather so much. ❤

Jav
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
I'm sorry for your loss. Reading your story made me cry. (not a good thing if you are at work). Your story made cry just not because it was sad but because I know the feelings you went though. I lost my maternal grandmother a couple years ago. She had a stoke and was in bed for four years before she passed. On one side I was happy that she went because I knew she was suffering (her whole left side was paralyzed). But on the other side, she was my rock and I was mad that she was taken away from me. I was mad at my grandmother for leaving me, I was mad at God for taking her away from me, I was mad at my parents, doctors, and everybody for not fighting for her. I didn't want to anything to do with people. In the end, it effected by school but my teachers were understanding and they helped me though it. One thing that helped me though those depression, anxiety, and dark times was my writing. I always loved reading and writing. These two things help me go into another world. For that, I'm really thankful. Don't worry, thinks will look up for you, especially now that you know that your grandfather is okay. I suggest keeping a journal. If you are like me, I can't express my feelings though my mouth but though my words. It will take a load of your chest. ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
I, too, lost my wonderful grandpa a few years ago, so I can completely understand how you felt. I was very angry for a while as well, and that is to be expected, as it is a part of the coping mechanism. I am very sorry for your loss and I hope that it will get better with time.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Sorry about your loss.
It's good to know that he actually visited and said goodbye. Glad you got to see your grandfather again.:)
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
I am so sorry to read of your loss. I know how you feel when I lost my grandad it felt like the world had a huge hole in it. I am glad that you have people to help you throught this painful time in your life. Hang in there honey it does get better with time. ❤
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Hey touching story there. Glad that you met your grandpa. God bless!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
hi there savingsarah15, sweet story ❤
So nice to know that he finally came to say how he was watching over you, it could have been your anger and depression keeping you from seeing him until this time even though you wanted to badly your negitive energy could have blocked him getting through.

I hope you find a way of getting over these issues and start to feel calmer and happier depression is a horrid thing to try and work through
Good luck 😁
Carl
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
It's good that you got a chance to say goodbye, and get some closure. Without closure, healing can't truly happen. He knew that, and wanted to help you come to terms. He sounds like an amazing person.
Now I'm going to lecture you just a little cause I wouldn't be a proper geezer if I didn't. Depression and anxiety can be very difficult. I hope you are getting help with those issues. If you aren't, please get help soon. No one should suffer through that on their own. /end lecture

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: