You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unsolved

Real Ghost Stories

Unsolved

 

This is my first story to share with you all, and well finding it hard to figure out where I should start...

Firstly my background is Samoan, not sure if most of you all know that back in Samoa, the locals there are strong believers of spirits roaming the streets at midnight everynight of the week due to family past experience.

I'm wanting to start with a bang, so I will be telling you a true story that happened to my father's father, (My Grandpa).

My grandfather passed away a long time ago when my father was only 12 years of age. No one speaks of my grandfather's death or if us grandkids would ask there was no word of it, we didn't know much of his family either. Does our grandfather have bothers or sisters? Seemed like he didn't even exist. As I got older the more curious I was to find out about my extended family, it just became a hobby for me. I noticed my last name was real unique that I knew if I was to find some with the same last name... So it just took me typing my last name on the web to find a man who knew about my grandfather and went to visit him. The man's father was my grandfather's younger brother, who from this day tells the story to all who wanted to know:

My grandfather was a Taxi driver, he was described to be such a generous man who always make sure there was bread on the table for his wife and his 8 kids. My father was the second oldest of the bunch. And whatever change was left over was for a bottle of beer. My grandfather would work day until night and even until the next morning.

They described that one early morning, as a feeling of death the kids were all sleeping and all they can hear is my grandmother scream. My grandfather dragging himself into the house, pale as the white painted walls of the house and heavy breathing as if the air was thick. My grandmother had no idea what to do, she screamed for the eldest son to run to the head chief of the village to come quickly. As the chief reached the house, one look at my grandfather and told my father to go and get the elder witchdoctor. The Elder Witchdoctor and my father rushing, as soon as got into the room the witchdoctor started to cry sat at his side, rubbing his head and "is this what happens when a man only trying to help you out", scream to the ceiling.

The Elder, told all the kids to not be around to leave the village, that their father is not in that room and yelled at them not to say goodbye to him. As soon as the kids left the Elder started charting, unsure on what happened, grandfather start to cry and told his story: "That night he was driving around and noticed 3 women walking in the middle of the road and he felt so bad about the three women due the next village way too far and asked them if they need a ride to the next village with no fee charged. As he was driving he started to make conversation just keep himself awake, he started asking questions and they would answer, making jokes and they would laugh. As soon as they reached the next village he asked them where do they want him to stop. One of the ladies stated to stop there. As he turned around to say goodbye there was no one there" everything after that was unclear. My father and his siblings hate hearing about Spirits, saying that they don't exist.

But I believe its still strange. What do you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leah321, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
aussie,
We will wait for it. I remember the story by the way. Poor girl. Just keep us posted.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Lou,
Go back and read Aussie's story "Woman in Black". It's very interesting and will give you a head start.

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Thanks, Daz.

No doubt we will all find it interesting.

Take care,
Lou
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Yes Lou, she was found and unfortunately murdered, I will at some point put the story here, but due to our laws in this country, you can not talk about any given case in detail... They are holding some suspects in custody with the alleged murder and as soon as that trial is over I will submit a story here of which I think you will all find interesting.

Regards Daz.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Aussie,
What ever happened with regards to the experience you are eluding to? You likely came back and filled us in, but I either missed it or forgot... Did you find out any more info on the missing girl?

Thanks,
Lou
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I do believe these types of accounts do happen... I remember watching a story on telly salvatis, who was picked up in a ghost car by a man who had been dead a couple of years... I have also shared a similar experience with my son and am convinced that some how these things can happen (always to do with cars and passengers)...I never would of believed it a couple of years ago and these types of experiences defy all logic and reason, cause it is just so crazy how they occur, unless you experience one yourself, you can not expect others to believe you that easy, thank god my son was with me... They are so profound and often end with the ghost and car just disappearing into thin air? In this story it was just the passengers.

Daz
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
honestly, I find it weird that no one wants to talk about your grandfather. I mean, one way or another they will mention him during gatherings. Have you asked your grandmother about him? Or maybe some other member of your family. Are the ghost the reason why your grandfather died or he died due to other factors?

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Wow there is a story on this site that sounds kind of the same It was called the ghostly hitchhikers I think. Always seems freaky when they get to the desired spot only to turn around and find nobody in the car with you, no doubt it would shake you up a bit. I think in the end I believe it comes down to your heritage as to why the family is so secretive regarding this event and ones like it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I'm not sure what the purpose of the witch doctor was or what happened after your grandfather came home... But this sounds identical to a classic Japanese horror story told during a game called hyakumonogatari kaidankai, which is where you tell ghost stories around candles and extinguish them one by one to summon a spirit. The only difference is that in that story, there is only one ghost.

I'm not really sure what happened to your grandfather, but since your family was so secretive about it, I think it's possible that your grandfather's brother told you a spooky story to appease you rather than telling you the truth.
Szaffi (37 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
That sounds really interresting. As 2 people before me asked as well. What happened with your grandpa after the witchdoctor's visit? What has had your uncle said? Had he ever seen his dad or spoken to him after what happened?
There is noting really I could say, as I don't know the abos' (I hope I am using the right word for the Australian natives.) beliefs.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Gizzy took the questions out of my mouth. My added questions are Why was your family so secretive your grandfather and his family?
Why did the witch doctor tell your father and the other kids to leave the village?
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hi Leah321,
What did the witchdoctor do? Did your Grandad survive? Did they find out who these 3 sprits were? Please post more I am intrigued.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
I love hearing old stories like that of witchdoctors, very interesting. Did you tell your father about your revelations.? If so, how did he react.? 😁
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
That was an interesting read.

I have heard of stories before where spirits like to catch rides with people if they happen to pass by an area that the spirit is, and sometimes they manage to get into the car even if the person doesn't stop.

Have you experienced anything paranormal or anything like that?

Peace
JustCurious
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
If that happened to me, I'd be very shaken up too. Reading your story sent a shiver down my spine. What a strange thing to happen. All I know is that, these sorts of things do happen. Thank you for sharing Leah321 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: