You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was It Greatgrandma?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It Greatgrandma?

 

The story that I'm about to share to all of you is something that puzzles me until now. I would need answer or help to try to explain to me what I saw or what it means. I need to have a peace of mind after all it's been almost 20 years already. Let me start with my family background. My mother is the eldest of 9, 3 boys and 6 girls. They were supposedly 11 my grandmother said but she lost two on an unfortunate miscarriage. Anyway, my great grandmother is from a s

Spanish clan. She even talks Spanish until her last years here. But I don't remember ever talking to her maybe because I don't understand Spanish. I was not able to meet my greatgrandfather but know stories about him since he was a Mayor in our small city and had a good reputation.

Anyway, everytime we visit my mother's old house, (a two-storey Spanish looking big house with big windows and a backyard with a number of trees on it) I would often go up to say Hi to my great grandmother and show our respect to her as well. My mother would say, go to "Apoy" which is our term for Great Grandmother and "magbless" or magmano, which is our way to show respect by getting the hand of an elderly and touching our forehead on her hand. Then, I would wait for my present from her, which was my favorite fruit way back then, BANANAS, she always have it on her side. I'm not sure how old she is that time, maybe around 80 or 90 already. But she was still strong, although she would often just sit on her rocking chair and maybe think of her husband, my greatgrandpa. Then we would just play (together with my cousins) and she would just look at us and hum something in or sing a Spanish song. That's what usually happens when we pay a visit.

I think I was only 7 or 8 years old (2003 or 2004) when my grandfather died. My greatgrandmother was of course heartbroken for the death of her eldest son. It was night when all the people was busy on my grandpa's wake when it happened. Around 12midnight my mother called me, my sister and younger brother to go to bed. As a child we are really mindless that its "wake", all we cared was to play with my cousins. So, we were all hesitant to go to bed. Our room is just next to the living room downstairs where my grandpa is. In that small room is just a small window facing the door. Outside that window is a wall of our neighbor's house. The distance between the window and the wall is about a step only, only a child can sneak in to the space.

We were still playing with my cousins, my mother approached us this time and asked us again to go to bed as well as my cousins. I was disappointed that we had to sleep already but went ahead anyway. My sister and brother still had to pee so my mother went with them and I alone was on my way to our room. I was infront of the door, it was open but the light was not turn on, so I was still hesitant to enter. Since, I can't reach the switch, I decided to wait for mama and my sis and bro by the door. About a minute past I felt someone was watching me, I looked up where I felt the gaze and then I saw her.

She was outside the small window looking straight at me. I had goosebumps but I can't take my eyes off her especially because she seems like glowing in the dark. I was sort of fascinated as well, remember the room was not light yet. She does not seem horrifying, she was not mean looking but she was not smiling as well. Just looking straight at me with a blank expression. Then fear hit me.

Good thing my mother came with my sis and bro. I told her I don't want to sleep yet and keep pointing at the window. She keeps on asking me why at the same time almost dragging me inside the room. I keep telling her that greatgrandma is outside the window. When I look at the window she's still there but I'm the only one who can see her. I was really frightened that my mother closed the window even if she can't see anything there and told me that 'apoy' is upstairs already sleeping. I got sick that night, had a fever the whole night and I'm glad it didn't happen again. But I always look at Greatgrandma from a distance with a puzzled eyes and when I get close to her there's the hesitation but never fear. So, I'm not sure if it was really greatgrandma I saw or something else.

Just a few months after my grandfather's death, greatgrandma passed away. I was sad of course, I would miss her and the banana. I just realized maybe that's why as well banana is no longer my favorite becasue it reminds me of her and she's the first person I'm fond of getting my present from, bananas.

I hope someone can explain why I saw a ghost looking image of her, was it a sign that she'll be the next loved one to go? Or is there a possibility that it was something else that I saw that night? Until now I really don't know the answer...

Other hauntings by msscorpio24

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msscorpio24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

msscorpio24 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
hi blue_raven80!
Wow! He greeted her? That's really something. My greatgrandma never uttered a word when it happened. Oww... Sorry about your grandfather too
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
msscorpio24,
Hi there!
I agree with the rest here that your great grandmother might have inadvertently did an astral projection. Our neighbor had an experience too. She saw my grandfather in front of our house and even greeted her good morning which is impossible because my grandfather was in the hospital that day. That night, my grandfather died. Just want to share it.

msscorpio24 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hi DeviousAngel! Yes, my greatgrandma was a great woman!Thanks.
It's been years since she went away, I believe she did cross over already. Although not on the first weeks after she left. My Aunt and grandmother felt her presence still lingers in the house on those times. Like her scent, lights turning on and off without any reason, footsteps on her room, things like that. They prayed for her soul almost everyday then it all stop on the 28th day after she was buried.
I do think of her everytime I get a chance to eat banana.
And I'm happy I found the answer here. Thanks Everyone. I really think she cares that much that she did astral project to see if were okay.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Your great grandmother sounds like she was a wonderful person, and probably just shy of a sage. I think perhaps she did, as BJJ and Javelina suggested, astrally project to your room that night. Perhaps it was her way of looking in on you, or perhaps she was thinking things over before she decided to let go. I'm not sure if she knew what she was doing or not, but I think she loved her family very much, so I'm leaning toward the first explanation. She just wanted to look in on you and make sure you kids were alright.

And just a suggestion... Once in a while, you should eat a banana while you think of your good memories with her, or put one outside somewhere, to show that you remember her and haven't forgotten her kindness. Just in case she hasn't crossed over yet that might help, and I think it will help you too. 😊
msscorpio24 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Hi everyone! Thanks for the answers. I never thought it can be an astral projection. Just a curious question though, would she know she did what she did? Because she sure freak me out! Lol... Maybe she was reprimanding me that time for not listening to my mother when ask to go to bed. Just one more question, do you astral project during sleep paralysis as well?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
I have to say that I agree with Javelina and BadJuuJuu on this one, it did sound like Astral Projecting.

I'm sorry to hear about the lost of your great grandmother and your grandfather.

Peace
JustCurious
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
I've heard of this sort of thing happening before. Something you'll never forget no doubt. Yes, sounds like a case of astral projection alright. What an unusual thing to witness. Thank you for sharing.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
msscorpio24,
I agree with BadJuJu about your Great Grandmother Astral Projecting. It was only a couple of months before she also passed on, and it is said that the closer you are to death, the easier it becomes to leave your physical body and sort of 'cruise around', so to speak.

Jav
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
Your great grandmother may have been astral projecting. People sometimes astral project, unintentionally, while sleeping. After the loss, she may have simply wanted the closeness of family so her light body separated from her physical body and went to visit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: