You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Happenings In My Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Happenings In My Childhood Home

 

I have a few stories to tell, this is the first I remember.

I'm not sure how old I would have been but I was quite young (I'm 18 now) living with my mum, dad and brother in West Auckland. I HATED this house! I never felt safe here, there was always SOMETHING uneasy about it and I was pretty relieved a couple years ago when I got away.

Anyway, I always used to have really intense nightmares, like dark shadowy things chasing me through the house and I was just frozen and they would catch me, but then I would wake up. So I used to always try and stay up all night so I wouldn't have these dreams.

Then one night I didn't feel any bad presences or anything so I drifted off to asleep all right, I woke up again sometime that night and saw this little girl (about 7 or 8) kneeling at the end of my bed, in a long white night dress praying. I was scared at first and then I got this overpowering feeling of sadness and just burst into tears. I sat up and tried to touch her, comfort her maybe, but she vanished in-front of me. After that I started seeing her frequently all through the house.

My mum just told me recently that I always had an "imaginary friend" with a really bizarre name, like a name a little kid couldn't of come up with.

I wanted to write about this because I occasionally have dreams about her still, and then I wake up feeling watched or like someone is sitting on the end of my bed.

I really want to find out if she is haunting me and why? But I'm not sure about a Ouija Board session even though I have done one before with no bad consequences.

Thanks for reading, any questions or advice I'll try and respond to as much as I can (:

Oh, I'm new here too by the way (:

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CyanideDiamond109, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
please do not use a ouija board this may make your situation even worse. This ghost seems pretty harmless and mabye even is reaching out for your help. Using a ouiji board could make things a lot worse. 😁
sparkles (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
look up the past deeds to the house and research the past owners. If anything looks suspicious, it probably is. ❤
Ingrid
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I strongly believe that Ouija Boards is an open invitation to bad spirits and spirits of all kinds. You never know who is on the other end. And remember once you open the lines of communication through an ouija board, there is no going back! This isn't something to be taken lightly. Although, the ultimate decision is yours, please take precaution and think carefully if you decide to do so.

Regarding to your dreams, maybe it will help you if you start writing in a dream journal. After you wake up from a bad dream, write in the journal immediately. Dreams can be your subconscious mind telling you something, not necessarily a harmful spirit. Before you go to sleep, think good thoughts. Take a nice relaxing bubble bath or watch your favorite show. Or read a book. All these things will help you to have good thoughts before you drift off.

With the little girl, if you're seeing her more frequently around the house, maybe ask her what she wants. She may need your help in moving on.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
hi there cyanide
Everyone has been so sweet and I agree that the dreams were just that, dreams nothing to worry about 😊
Now then your thoughts on using a ouija board!
Not good!
Please look up the stories on here to do with them and then think "do I use one?" if the answer is yes then you have to re~read the stories and tell yourself HELL NO! I AM NOT GOING THERE!
Just a personal thought there 😊
Carl
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hi CyanideDiamond109, Have you tried researching your home? As you say you have always hated it "HERE" it seems as if you may still live in the childhood home you have lived in all your life. If this is the case it may be that you personally are not haunted but a previous tenant has not left. She may also very well have been your childhood friend and does not understand why you no longer play with her! Your mum has given you a name check the county records for your house along with birth and death records they may shed some light on what is occuring. Also once you understand what the haunting is it may take some of the fear away. Keep strong 😊
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Good advice all around. Just try to be strong as you much as you can. Please, don't do anything to contact spirits, you might not like the outcome. Also the standard, prayer, firmly telling all spirits to leave you be, maybe salt around your bedroom doorway and window. If you have a friend to talk to, or parent first of course, who might understand or listen always help. This might take time. You have to hang in there. God bless.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
I agree with Javelina here.
Having nightmares the whole time is probably because the last thought in your head before you fall asleep is oh god I hope I don't have another nightmare.
It sounds so stupid but I do test myself every now and again to try and understand my dreams like last night I was drunk and I do always take a notion when I'm drunk to drive home if taxi's are all gone but thankfully this never happens, but anyway last night I had a dream I got done by the police for drink driving. I had to ask my partner if this was fact because it was so vivid. The night before I freaked myself out thinking something was in my house and dreamt I was being chased around a boat by a ghost.! I do think your last worrying thoughts before you sleep plays a massive role in dreams and the first thing you see when you wake. Do you only see this girl around your house just after you have woken up,?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
CyanideDiamond109,
Well, you've already got one strike against you. You dared to mention the Ouija Board. That's a four letter word here, so hold on to your knickers, the lectures are about to commence. And because you'll be knocked every which way by many more behind me, I'm going to just let that slide on by, for now.
First of all, what you have described is pretty much par for the course for many a growing child. We've all had the dreams and felt like we were being watched throughout different stages of growing up. Much of it comes with puberty and the general feelings of insecurity we all go through. You may not realize it, but most people you grew up with went through it too. Just because they didn't show it outwardly doesn't mean they weren't haunted by those feelings too.
The only part of your story that may have any bit of possible paranormal activity, is the part about the little girl praying at the foot of your bed. And to be honest, my first thought about her was 'Guardian Angel'. And even that might be a stretch.
So all I can give you as advice for now is:
1) Relax and get on with your life, you're too young to let the little things get this much attention, there's much more important things than worrying about a bad dream here and there.
2) Stop messing with the Ouija Board, never once have I heard of anyone having a happy ending with those things. Have you?
3) The difference between feelings of insecurity and feeling like your being watched is too small to measure. Don't get caught in that trap, it just takes away from all the better things you could be doing with your time.
4) If boredom is getting to you, find a place where you can volunteer your time helping others. There's nothing like the boost you get from knowing you are making a difference in the life of those who can't help themselves.

Jav ❤
golden_swastika (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
whatever you do... Do Not use Ouija Boards.
It might be a spirit and it seems harmless. See your priest may be he can help you.

God bless you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: