You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Strange Story From Mumbai

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Story From Mumbai

 

This is a good forum to exchange personal experiences. I am a well educated working woman and was living in the US until 4 years ago, when me and my husband decided to move back to India for good. We had a completely routine life like any other working couple in Mumbai. But what I am about to share is something that is so strange, that I do not have any other explaination for it other than it being a paranormal incident. Maybe you guys do...

I was 27 at the time and 8 months pregnant. I was on maternity leave and like any other expecting mother was looking forward to welcoming my new baby. On that day, after my husband returned from work, we decided to go for a stroll to a nearby park called Shivaji park which is very close to where we live. It was around 9.30 pm at the time and as usual the place was bustling with people. We had driven to Shivaji park and decided that it was time to go home. My husband sat in the driver's seat. As I opened the front door of the car to get inside, an old begger woman nudged at my dress sleeve. It was a lunar eclipse on that day. It is a very common thing in India for beggers to ask for alms under the pretext of an eclipse. I looked at her face and she looked just like any other ordinary begger woman. I didn't give her any money, sat in the car and we started driving home.

We drove for about 3 minutes and had almost reached home, when I saw the same begger woman at a red light where my car had stopped. I was surprised but not scared and didn't think anything about it at the time. We went home, nothing untoward happened that night. Next day, my husband left for work. It was around 2.30 pm in the afternoon and I was taking a post lunch nap. Suddenly, I felt very very cold, almost like... Close to shivering. I opened my eyes, and I just couldn't believe what I saw. I saw it crystal clear and believe me when I am saying this, the old woman from the earlier evening was standing at the edge of my bed. She had one arm stretched and was moving her hand in a "come to me " motion. For a second, I thought I was dreaming. I closed my eyes... Mentally said a "Wake-up Anjali" and opened my eyes again. She was still there. At that moment, I completely lost my nerve. All I could think of was... What if she harms my baby? I ran out of the room and the house and kocked my neighbours door. I didn't tell my neighbour what happened because I was afraid that she would think I was crazy or it was the pregnancy hormones talking. I called my husband home immediately and only after he came did I enter the house again. Obviously he didn't see/feel anything.

I was advised by my mother to get a small puja done in the house which I did. Everything turned out OK with us, our baby etc. And I never saw the old woman again. But we did move out of that apartment (on my insistance of course) and bought a new place soon.

OK, I know many of you may think. She was pregnant. Hormones were all over the place. She must have just imagined it. But believe me it was nothing of that sort. I am very skeptical about paranormal activity, but this, man. Still gives me the creeps.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnjaliN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

getreal24 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
Anjali Its considered a bad omen when you're bathing someone who are no more... Might be an early warning.
elvisrockin (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
One what you had was just a dream or you had that dream continue on even after you woke up. This has happened to me a few times. Why I say this about your story is because the woman was not actually dead in the 1st place then how could she have been a ghost.
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Well, I would say this is something very creepy that happened to you. Especially, when you were undergoing your 8th month of pregnancy. I praise you for the courage you showed during such circumstances and the way you dealt with the situation. Any kind of anxiety shown could have been fatal for you or your baby. It was indeed a begger ghost and i'm sure it would not have come after you if you had given it something in the first place. The idea of performing a pooja at the house was a good one. It stopped the ghost re-entering the house.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Gosh, what a frightening thing to experience in the happy period of pregnancy! I'm wondering... Would she have made an appearance if you had given her alms? Not blaming anybody. Anyway, glad that she's gone! I don't think hormones would cause such a thing to happen. She's a ghost beggar for sure. Take care.

Rockangel13
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
While I did not experience anything paranormal during my pregnancy, I have one interesting thing to share. I had a dream and in it, I saw my paternal grandmother (who had died two years ago). I saw myself bathing her in her bedroom. It might seem weird to you, but when she became invalid and unable to care for herself, I used to bathe her a lot. Later, however, when I started working and all, I would ignore doing that (even now I feel guilty for this even now). But I wonder what connection caused this dream to occur during my pregnancy. Any answers, anybody?
honeysingh (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-13)
omg! So scary! Glad she didn't harm you or you're baby!...
pankaj8 (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
this kind of incident also happened to one of my aunts one she was pregnant. I guess pregnant woman are susceptible to such things though I think such things are grave until and unless you believe in the almighty
saurav (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
its ok anjali... I believe in you... From now on never refuses a beggar
Tc
God bless you
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
hmmm... I wonder what that old woman wanted from you
Maybe at the park if you had given her something, she would not have bothered you anymore
pcrocking (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
As you said that this happened near shivaji park this means in Dadar, and I have heard a lot of hauntings about Dadar. So the thing is just be careful as Shivaji park has a graveyard don't go too close to it as the stories I have heard are about it only
Dinesh09 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
It must have been terribly shocking to you, especially as you were a carrying woman at that time. You are right in your decision of leaving the place. See that you don't disclose this experience with your kid. Take care.
gerniker (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I know you are telling the truth, I had a lot of true ghost encountering in trinidad w.i.,and believe me, it was sacry as well.
nor27 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
hey you can share your stories in www.indianghosts.com also... 😊
kristinarodriguez1980 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Maybe she was your Gaurdian Angel<3
I met my Gaurdian Angel before. Seen just as a real man.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
AnjaliN,
The whole thing sounds like an episode from "The Twilight Zone". Way too creepy, especially with you being pregnant.
I feel you did exactly the right thing. This was otherworldly, and could have ended up quite badly had you not gotten away from her. Your natural instincts kicked in just like they should have, you felt danger, there is no looking back in that situation. How many times have you read in the paper, or seen stories on the news of young women that have disappeared never to be seen or heard from again? Too many! No need to add to that number.

Jav
❤ ❤
goat (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Really creepy story. Maybe you should've given her some alms lol!

This comment from golden_swastika is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
I totally agree with Delsol and I think you would have payed attention to her when you met her at first. Well narrated. God bless.:)
Delsol (2 stories) (13 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
How frightening for you!

The first thought that came to my mind is perhaps this woman was a soul-friend of your unborn child, who came from the astral plane to be at hand for his or her rebirth. Many people believe that when a soul is born into a new body, it is surrounded by such 'people' who help them to adjust during their first few days or months. I tend to believe in this theory due to my own memories and experiences. If true in your case, perhaps the beggar woman was simply trying to tell you something about the child you were about to have? Does your instinct tell you anything at all about who she might have been? Thank you for sharing your story. As one mother speaking to another, I would never call you hormonal! Haha.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: