You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Hide And Seek Gone Wrong

Real Ghost Stories

Hide And Seek Gone Wrong

 

When I was about 4 my family and I moved into an old house. Like many old houses it was CREEPY! I don't remember much except for the fact that my bed room was down the hall to the right. My brothers and I were "sensitive", I could see and feel them, my oldest could hear them, and my second older brother would later find out he could see how they died. Anyway weird stuff would always happen. It started off by feeling as if you were being watched. Then it escalated to my oldest hearing voices. One time he was supposed to be cleaning his room and my mom called down "Are you cleaning?" (he slept in the basement) so not wanting to get in trouble he hollered up yes. Then out of no where he heard "Bullsh*t" and later told my mom. I would always see a little girl... She had long black hair and was in a white dress. I told my mom but she thought it was an imaginary friend. The little girl always scowled at me. But mom thought she was a friend because my brother had a mean one he put in jail. So it progressed to my mom a known skeptic hearing crying she thought it was me but it wasn't. It didn't stop until she said "STOP IT! I NEED TO SLEEP!" and it dropped off. The sightings and feelings were the same. Soon we asked if anyone died there. "There was once a little girl who died playing hide and seek. She hid in the laundry room and her dress got caught on something. She got hung." Said the land lord. A Year later we left the house and now today when we drive by we stop and take a picture one day when it was cloudy and no one was home there we got a white mist in a CLOSED curtain. I just found out my brother apparently got possessed.

Was the ghost mean just to be mean or was she mean because no one would play with her?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oddgoingson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

megadontha (6 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
no I'm only joking, but maybe she was crying because she misses her parents or something. I'm not sure but your lucky you moved out soon enough 😐

This comment from megadontha is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
bacchaegrl, I've heard a number of stories of the hiding bride; the first time I encountered it was in a book of South Carolina hauntings, and I believe there is also a version from the UK. I tend to think it's more like the Hitchhiking Ghost, a classic urban legend.

That still doesn't preclude the possibility of a child hiding in the laundry room, but what I find curious is how she managed to end up accidentally hanging herself. I mean, with the sort of washers and dryers we have today, that seems pretty implausible, and if we're talking old-fashioned washtubs and washboards, it still seems kind of a stretch for a child to hang herself in a laundry room containing that sort of equipment.

Either way, there was apparently a child who had died in the house, either accidetally, through illness, or at the hands of a person--or persons--unknown. The last option is the most chilling to me, because it flies in the face of my own maternal urge to protect a child, any child, even at the cost of my own life--and I seriously doubt that I'm unique in that respect.

In any case, Oddgoingson, you're well out of that house. I'm sorry that you were put through what you experienced.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Sweet! Thanks! I'll read it later, because now, I'm at work! SHHHHH!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Ah, gotcha. Little girls playing hide and seek makes more sense than a bride. But what do I know? I've never been a bride. And urban legends are urban legends. I'll have to look that up.
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
bacchaegrl, It's an urban legend kind of thing. I'm not sure if it's on here but you could google it. There is also a story of two little girls playing hide-and-seek on a cruise ship, the girl climbs into a trunk and dies from lack of oxygen. They decide to open the trunk after the cruise is over and lone- behold, there is a dead little girl.:/
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I remember that one! But never the less, if this is another story written by someone too young to be here then it must go!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
There's a story about a bride playing hide and seek on her wedding day? Is it on this site? That sounds like strange behavior for a person about to get married. I would be more concerned about the event about to take place. But maybe it was a tradition or something. Is that bride story some sort of legend somewhere?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
huh? Is this like the same story where the bride was playing hide and seek on her wedding day and then she went to hide in the attic and got trapped in a trunk and died. The groom thought she took off and ever since they've been seeing her ghost.

This must be a new spin off of that story.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Well that's one explanation. Hopefully someone will notify Martin that this user is a self-professed 12-year-old. Check their comment history.

Sorry author, but we have an age limit here...:\
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I agree with the others... This story left me feeling like, "lolwut?" I await the answers to bacchaegirl's questions... Very valid ones I think.
ikachu (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
yea, its just hard to follow. But the part where the ghost yelled out "bullsh.t!" was pretty f.ckin hilarious xDdD. Bahahaha [at] person below me xDdD "its juat a bit... A.D.D." ohh good times. But at least youre out of the house now.
lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
im trying really hard to follow your story... I believe you yes... Its just really...A.D.D. Lol but from what I did understand it was a great story
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
What? I don't understand this story, there are no details to support any events that took place in that house. Who went to jail? How do you know your brother was possessed? How exactly does your brother see how people died? Does the land lord have any evidence to support the little girl being hanged? Why do you think one of your ghosts has a dirty mouth? If your mom is a skeptic, why is she yelling at the noises in your house. This story is everywhere, I can't follow it. Am I missing something? I understand that there was a little girl ghost, but that's about all I could ascertain from this story.
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
What I mean by don't take it "personal" is that she probably doesn't mean to just like hate YOU, she probably it grouchy and tired of being, well, a ghost girl. There are a lot of ghosts that are angry because I know I wouldn't want to be stuck in an old creepy house for the res of my eternity if you get what I mean...
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
You need to publish the picture. I would appreciate it very much. Also, the girl was probably mad that she was stuck there for all eternity, like most ghosts usually are... Don't take it personal.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi Oddgoingson, in answer to your question if a person was not nice in life then they will likely make a not nice ghost, but a spirit that has not moved on and no-one takes any notice may also get grumpy. I know I would. What happened to your brother? I am guessing that there is more stories to tell with your family gifts
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
You should publish the picture with the story. At least your gone from the house now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: