You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Friday The 13th Ghost Hunting Event

Real Ghost Stories

Friday The 13th Ghost Hunting Event

 

Ghost Hunting at Warmsworth Hall, Doncaster, with Simply Ghost Nights on Friday the 13th of May.

The Simply Ghost Nights team attempted with the guidance of their senior technical guy Ian, the task of providing a live stream of the event at Warmsworth Hall and in fact achieving their aim once the early gremlins had been dispatched with and also to have the number of viewers who actually watched the event truly staggered us all, and we thank the hundreds of ghosty fans who made the effort to watch and interact via Facebook and Twitter.

This location is fast becoming a popular venue amongst the Simply Ghost Nights team and regular paranormal investigators a like. Within an idyllic setting this former country hall boasts some three floors to hold a ghost hunting event. Yet again the team must thank Eddie the manager of the hall who is always a pleasure to work with, no job is too small for Eddie and he is a credit to the Q.M.H group.

With a full house at Warmsworth Hall anticipating an active night from the spirit world on such a significant date, Friday the 13th, the atmosphere was electric. After Eddie's informative chat regarding the history of the hall and a brief tour of the building itself it was time to split up into smaller groups and commence with the paranormal investigation.

There was an incident prior to the event beginning that must be mentioned, whilst Rosey was preparing the buffet alone in the room adjoining the main hall, she was suddenly stunned and frightened when the door leading to the kitchen literally slammed shut with such ferocity that Ian and Stuart who were setting up the live streaming equipment at the other end of the building, thought a door near them had in fact been kicked, when they checked to see if anyone had indeed kicked the door they found no one insight. After about ten minutes Rosey walked over to where Ian and Stuart were, with fear in her eyes, and a trembling voice she said that the door that had slammed shut, had actually been closed, on inspection we all noted that this incident could not been caused by the wind, we attempted to replicate the occurrence but try as we might we could not as the door was quite heavy and solid. Could the door have been opened and then slammed forcefully by the invisible hands of some poltergeist.

Initially there was mixed reports from the team leaders regarding spirit communication with some experiencing various levels of activity, some vigils were described as flat, other groups reported the ghostly goings on were on an epic scale such as glass divination, table tipping and some K2 spikes, as we always state it's not up to us if the spectral side want to entertain or not. However as the energies heightened during the event so did the paranormal activity on a much larger scale.

In Steven's group they were entertained by the spirit child by the name of Holly, when holding a séance, this experience touched the majority of the group such as Jane, Emily, Sally, and Chris. Jane later reflected on the encounter and stated on how it had affected her emotionally, as she had never encountered anything like this before as it was her first ghost hunt, but definitely not her last.

Both Rosey and Mel described also in their vigils that torches were turned on and off, by unseen hands from the spirit world on request, this incident was repeated on numerous occasions during the course of the night. All team leaders mentioned extreme table tipping in the majority of their vigils and it was also reported on more than one instance that our brave ghost hunters had felt the cold breeze of a spirit blow over their faces. In the attic one brave ghost hunter called Chris screamed so loud and leapt forward that he swore blind that he had in fact turned around and saw the face of a ghostly figure, stood right behind. We had no doubt judging by Chris's reaction that he had come in close contact with something not of our world.

As our ghost night came to an end and we thanked our brave ghost hunters for coming and of course the spirit world for their inter action with us, we were left to discuss the activity that had manifested at the event.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
W O W! THE VIBES ARE STRONG TONIGHT!
Javelina in picking something up real strong from your comment!?
Its coming therough real powerful!
My word you hate the fact these cowboys are pulling a fast on plus conning there so called volenteers ohhh what a rush! 😆
(not taking the mick honest)
Carl ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Here's what bothers me the most whenever I see another story posted by this theater troupe, they've gamed the system. Normally I hail those that find that loophole for which they gain entry, not these fools though. If this were an honest group, they would pay the advertising fee that they owe for these UN-stories they keep littering our boards with.
These are not paranormal experiences. They are nothing more than con men, and bad ones at that. Anyone that is willing to pay this group for their phony bologna tours, deserves to lose their money.
You have nothing to add to the science. All you do is make a mockery of a very serious subject.
Congratulations, I now have someone to hate more than I hate mimes. Exit stage right.

Jav 😠
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I didn't even bother reading a majority of this story and I'd be willing to bet that this is 100% fake like the rest of them by this author. Thank you for posting meaningless nonsense for entertainment purposes, but please go advertise your "business" elsewhere.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Lou, "Pimply Ghost Nights"...Bahahahaha! I cringed when I saw more of this group's stories posted. They must not read the comments because it looks like they have zero credibility. I agree, they go about things the wrong way, and if they do stir up something really bad, they won't be able to handle it. This story is a self indulgent piece of poopoo that only serves as an attempt to boost the group's fan base. Just look at the first two paragraphs. These accounts accomplish nothing in my eyes. And the fact that the author refuses to participate makes it all even harder to swallow.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Oh, Simpleton.
Here we are again. I don't know what lacks more credibility, your stories or your lack of response to the inquiries of your groups behavior.
If you were a legitimate paranormal team, you would not let anyone, for any reason be alone, because there is no validation to any story that cannot be corroborated, and therefore cannot be considered evidence.
I wish no harm to anyone, but I do have a feeling that your group IS going to get what is coming to you. Spirits are living within our realm because they either choose to or are trapped and are suffering some anguish by being bound. They do not inhabit these historic spaces to be prostituted by self-promoting entrepreneurs. I have a feeling that the most truthful and compelling story your group will ever experience, will be one we will never hear about. You will eventually encounter a force that is going to take exception to your intent on these ghost nights; and you and your investigators are going to see that you cannot handle it.
If you are going to continue this three-legged dog and miniature pony show; rename your group appropriately to "Pimply Ghost Nights"...at least your name would be honest.

Lou
d_a_g_g_e_r_b_e_a_s_t (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
hey sweet and scary story. All my life I want to be a ghost hunter please may I come on an adventure ghostly night 1 day

Please that would be soo cool 😁

Thx i,am from sevenoaks, Riverhead, kent england if you need more info look at my status
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Amazing!

I would most love to be involved in the next hunt!

(Am based in London)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: