You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Didn't Believe It At First

Real Ghost Stories

I Didn't Believe It At First

 

This happened over 20 years ago, but I can still remember it very vividly.

In 1990, I lost my fiancé' very suddenly in a motor vehicle accident. He was 20 years old and I was 19. We were very close. I was absolutely devastated. He passed away in September and the following New Year's Eve I decided that it was maybe time that I go out and "join life" again. After the festivities at a local night club, I decided to drive out to his house so I could just be closer to him in some way. I went into the house which was completely vacant as everybody was out celebrating the New Years. I stayed in the house for a while and then decided that I would walk out on the porch (crying uncontrollably by this time because I missed him so much).

I remember standing on the front porch and the wind suddenly picking up-really picking up - blowing the wind chimes on the porch. I thought it was strange, but it got really very silent at the same time. (He lived way out in the country on a farm and you always heard crickets, farm animals etc. At night, it was never quite). Then I heard it-I heard someone call my name. There was absolutely nobody there but me. Then I heard my name called twice more. I had to convince myself that I was not going crazy, but I heard it consecutively-three times. I knew in my heart that it was him. It frightened me so much that I bounded off the porch, got in my car, and drove away as fast as I could.

I was never really was a believer in the paranormal until this point, but I will always believe that he was trying to comfort me in my grief.

This was the second or third paranormal incident that occurred following his death. I believe that even in death, love still exists.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, julanne40, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
julanne40 how touching, you are right love never dies.
Even when a person passes there love carries on with them,
Who we love and who loves us makes up a part of who we are, and who we are never goes away even in death.

Thankyou for adding this sad story
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm very, very sorry for your loss. To lose someone you love is a hard thing, but to lose someone you're in love with... I can't even imagine. I think that you're right, and maybe he was trying to comfort you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: