You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Leon

Real Ghost Stories

Leon

 

To all who have felt the pain of a lost baby please don't read this story.

Its 1991 I'm 17 and my friend Lisa and her partner Darrel had just had a baby boy named Leon he was so sweet but tiny and was a month early due to complications but healthy with strong lungs. You could hear him cry in Lisa's room upstairs at the back of the house even when I was outside on the front garden. He wanted for nothing the slightest whimper and they both ran to check on him day and night.

For a few days I noticed they were not in at all and popped to Lisa's mum's house 3 doors down the street to see if they were there, iris (Lisa's mum) told me that Leon had stopped feeding a few days before and was in the hospital, but coming home that day. Then the phone rang. It was Darrel, Leon had stopped breathing, his heart had suddenly stopped and the doctors could not do anything to bring him back. He was just 2 months old.

Lisa and Darrel were obviously in pieces, they argued for 3 days solid after blaming each other and Darrel left. I tried to help Lisa as much as I could, I even moved in for a few days slept on the sofa. We would sit chatting until the early hours; Lisa could not go into her bed room the crib was still in there.

The funeral day arrived and Darrel came to be with Lisa they made up stood on the front step Darrel said he was lost without her. A few weeks later Darrel came home with a picture of Leon it had been enlarged and framed they put it in the living room above the fireplace. That's when things started to go strange.

We all heard a baby crying as though hungry (a parent knows babies have different cries). The mobile above the crib (now in the spare room they could not throw it away) would play on its own. And the picture would not stay on the wall, no matter what they put it up with. It would be on the floor every morning but never got damaged. Lisa was unable to cope with the things going on and went to her mum's house taking the picture with her she gave it to her mum to look after. The same things started to happen at iris's house. The crying sounds, things would be moved around; the picture would be found on the floor.

At first Lisa though it was following her so she went home again but left the picture, things got worse! The crying baby sounds got louder lasted longer and the picture would be found each morning by the front door no matter where it was put the night before.

Lisa and Darrel were arguing again Lisa blamed Darrel for getting the picture done, Darrel said it was not him; the nurses at the hospital had done it for them. Lisa asked him what he meant, he said yes he got it framed as a way to remember Leon the nurse at the hospital had took the picture and had it enlarged (she was an old friend of Darrel's). When? Lisa asked he was hooked up to machines all the time but none showed in the picture. Just after he died, the nurse had dressed him took a picture before bringing him into Lisa and Darrel to say goodbye to him! The very picture that was now moving around her mum's house each night!

Lisa had her dad burn the picture, the crying stopped, things stopped being moved and the mobile stopped playing by its self. Lisa always said Leon was there but could not rest until the picture had been gotten rid of, Darrel said she was crazy but could not explain the things that had happened. Lisa and Darrel split up for good.

Whenever she would go to visit Leon's grave she said she would always hear the music his mobile played playing as though some where close but never loud enough to figure out from what direction. I heard it myself once when I went with her.

Lisa moved away a few years later and we lost contact, but I still say hello to Leon when I pass the grave yard where he is buried.

Other hauntings by taz890

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
I must say this is a heart breaking story 😒 I feel that Lisa and Darrel are very strong people and you as well! You stood by your friends even though these experiences were frightening. I hope everything has worked out for the best and I hope you do get back in contact. I find it sad though that Lisa moved away from her son's grave but this may have been what she needed to get away from her loss. In my opinion burning the picture was risky but thankfully worked 😊 Leon is at peace and happy in heaven (if you believe in God). I will be reading more of your stories now 😊

Good Luck and God Bless You, Lisa, Darrel and of course baby Leon!

Ghostly98 xxx
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
wolfeyes72206 thanks for the comment 😊
Did not think anyone would read this again its been a while.
And I try to be as good a friend as I can
Thanks
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
you did the right thing by burning it... There was only one way to let him rest and you did it you are a great friend. 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
[at] terrilewis123 thank you for the comment hand on heart they are all true stories.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

[at] morticia1 thank you for your comment.
I tried my best at the time.
And yes the thought of the dressed up pics still makes me shudder too.

Carl
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
I have to say taz what a wonderful friend you are to be there when they lost Leon. Its hard losing someone you love but a child would be so much harder.

And I agree that its terrible to take the photo like that. And rather creepy! Sounds like Leon didn't like it either and was letting everyone know in no uncertain terms 😐

And about the whole photo album of them dressed up (think it was Devious that mentioned that) that just made me shudder with horror!
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Hi Carl, I read all your stories & found them fascinating. Thank you for sharing. I'm a little intoxicated now, so I hope I don't make a fool of myself. The only story I didn't read was Leon as my baby died through my own decision. (I had a late term abortion). Anyway, I feel sorry to say that although you were kind enough to believe my stories, I find myself a little skeptical of all ghost stories. But to make that up, you would have to be a creative genius. So I hope they're true ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
dragonstorm thank you 😊
I know what you mean but she was a family friend guess she was not thinking straight.

Thats why I gave the warning plus I know 1 or 2 on here that would not beable to read it so...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Tazzicles ~ firstly congrats on your 1000! ❀

Secondly, I find it odd that the nurse would actually do that you know? And as sad as it all was/is it's kind of nice to know the little one is still now around in a more loving manner since that unpleasantness

Made me a little sad, but you did give out the pre warning there ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
No worries guys chill back and relax I will speak to soon, cheers! 😊 😁 ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
SLEEP WELL SWEETIE ❀
Will catch you later,
Going to sigh out too for now end of shift getting close, bout an hour left. Been muggy here too anyway will hit face book before bed so might catch you there.

Darkness I will be back on in about 13 hours from now (here that is) so if your not on facebok will have to
Catch you later mate and thanks again 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Back to dreamland for me sweetie, I'll catch up later. Had to print shirts today in this humidity and took all I had to box them up when I finished.

Love and Hugs Forever!
Jav ❀ 😁

Thank you DARKNESS,
That means more than you know. 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
darkness I'm sure she would see it as a compliment having someone named after her, true not the best reason but there you go!

Javalina why am I not surprised you got in second!
Bet you were waiting in the background watching that number getting closer and closer 😁
THANK YOU BOTH

To use a quote from too wong foo~ noxima jacson chasing after the old lady who dropped the photos#
IM A COMMIN, IM GONA CATCH YOU, πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Hahaha not to sure on that 1 buddy lol, marjie might feel threatened lol! πŸ˜†

Jav I missed giving you your congratulations aswell so here it is better late then never right? πŸ˜† 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
wow mate your having blond moments now as well?
You really are a true loony bin member πŸ˜†
Will have to start calling you miracles 2
[at] miracles you know you love the idea!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
TAZ! ❀ ❀ ❀
Did you think for one minute that I wouldn't wake up for this?
NOT A CHANCE!
~*~*~*~*~*~*CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU~*~*~*~*~*~*

About time friend=D

JAV

PS~~ TAG! YOU'RE IT!;P
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
OOOOOPPPPSSSSYYYY I meant Eminent poster badge sorry bout that mate lmao blonde moment where is Marjie? Lol πŸ˜† 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Hahahaha nice mate! Well done there you go a new shiny badge for you lol! πŸ˜†
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
WHAT? YOU GET A ESTEEMED POSTER BADGE?
WOW WHEE!
Wonder how long I can hold out waiting for that...
Oh bugger!
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Yay whoo hoo 1000nd posts
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Hahahah well I don't know mate we will be on your case though feeding you to answer and then bang there is the thousand! You know you want your esteemed poster badge buddy! Lol! LOL I don't expect you to reply to this lmao! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
too true mate πŸ˜†
Oh look 999 posts including this one, might just leave it like that for a while!
How long do you think the other loonies would wait for the final post?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
As they say laughter is the best medicine champ! On a site like this we need a lot of it haha! πŸ˜†
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
DARKNESS!
Pre~thanks mate 😁
If it was not for all the silly stuff going on I doubt I would have gotten this far already
πŸ˜† carl
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Taz mate this is just pre congratulations on 1000th post mate! Well done been an absolute ball having you here buddy! Cheers for all the laughs and advice my friend! Here's to another 1000 champ! 😁 😁 😁
Little_dandelion (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
What would have possesed them to think that would help the parents to forget about theyre poor passed child to have a poster of the dead child in thier livingroom. I can imagine how it must feel to lose a child... I give eyour friend my condolences. ❀ ❀ ❀
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi, Taz! Oh wow. I was just reading your Ouija post, now this story made me a bit sad. 😒

Remember when you hear stories of some people in the past century who wouldn't want to get their pictures taken because their souls will be taken?
Right. Creepy. 😨
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
wow again thank you all for the comments ok here goes.

Loganz_sis I hear that! Why is a question I expect will never get the answer to some people have the strangest thoughts, and thank you on behalf of the parents

Monyet I think your right! Momento mori not good!
Thank you me and "the others" rested well.

Dreamergal72 thank you for adding that, how sad!

Heathonacliff very good point there, photographs back then were expenceive and unlike today a camera is not around all the time, heck some babys are born on film so I thank you for adding that comment. Yes now it would be a big no no but back then the norm.
Thank you for saying you enjoy my stories too

Geetha50 sadly I don't see them anymore but will if I bump into them, tell your sister I said if being soft means being as nice as you then soft it is!
As for the picture your so right, and the music at his grave started after the picture was gone so I'm guessing he was happy then.
I added that warning (guess that's what it was) because unlike "message from ben" this is not a happy baby story and I know some might find it a bit too much and being soft I had to think of that,
(to your sister~ SEE BEING "SOFT" IS A GOOD THING!)
And as for your last thought your spot on! Not weird at all it was mainly for miracles even though I had sent a pre~post warning to her I had to be sure!

AF1 thank you, yes its not a nice thing to think about, but at least he is now resting and the mobile played (im guessing here) because he enjoyed the music so much, would never sleep with out it playing.
Thats why I think it was heard at the graveside,
As though to say~
"hi I'm here with you but I'm sleeping now"

Gizzy thank you no need to say sorry for repeating comments you say what you think, that what comments are for! They do say a loss of a child will split a couple or make things a lot stronger, lisa and darrel were not that strong.
Thank you for adding to favs, I'm as sweet as...
By all means add to that πŸ˜†

To you all thank you again
❀ carl ❀
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Taz890, Wow I think everything has been said by everyone else reading the comments so excuse me for repeating. That is so sad that poor couple, so many split when something so tragic happens. Thank you for sharing the story it is going in my favs and how sweet are you! 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Wow. I'm speechless. This story is so sad and disturbing. I agree with cosmogal, especially if it were a baby. It's just too heart-breaking.

Now, just saying because I always have to do this. Technology, as we all know, has its faults. So the mobile might not have been paranormal, but since you said it played more than once, I changed my mind.

Such a sad story. Thanks for sharing.

AF1 ❀
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
First of all, if you ever see your friend again, pass on my condolences. It is never an easy thing to lose a loved one, especially when it's the small innocent ones.

Secondly, I want to congratulate you for being a true friend. I would have done the same thing. My sister tells me that I'm to soft but I don't thing so.

Third, as many of the other posters mentioned. That picture taking thingy is really creepy. Why would anyone do that? I don't think that it's legally right but more than that it's not morally right. One of the poster mention Leon not being happy about the pictures taken. Of course, he's not going to be happy. He just died and his soul isn't even at peace yet and this stranger is taking pictures of his former body. He needed to rest in peace of mind that his parents were going to be okay and that picture was getting in the way.

Lastly, when you mentioned in your story that you should read this story if you lost a child. Taz, I don't think someone has to lose a child to feel the sorrow your friend and her ex were experiencing. I still felt my heart break at the lost of Leon and felt sorry for Lisa and Darrel.

I promise this is going to be the last. For some reason, when I read that first sentence, I thought about Miracles. Weird. πŸ€”
heathonacliff (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hey everyone.

Wanted to slip a word in for the defense of Victorian death pictures. Those were not for perverted people - just for people that wanted to remember. When you can't refresh your memory certain things just vanish from your mind. Sadly, very many people died without leaving a single photo or graphic portrait behind, so were photographed after death, and their relatives could look at those photos and remember the dear face.

Of course it's creepy trying to impose such practice in our days, without even consulting parents that lost their child. Shame on such insensitive ones!

PS: Carl, thanks for another wonderful story. I don't think I'll ever read it again - too creepy, but I enjoy all your posts very much!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: