You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Was It The House?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It The House?

 

Now this actually happened to me when I was about fourteen years old.

My parents had recently purchased a home. It was very nice; it was our first house since we've always lived in apartments. Now I don't know anything about the history of the house, just that it was a nice looking home and the first time I was going to have my own room so of course I was looking forward to moving in. Moving out of the duplex we lived in was a breeze nothing out of the ordinary happened everything went according to plan, the first time I stepped into that house I felt calm and serene, like something out of a movie. It was an amazing feeling, like when you walk into a room full of friends that are happy to see you, well you feel accepted and welcome that's how we felt, well at least I did.

The first three weeks were awesome, we as a family which was my two twin sisters both 9 at the time my youngest sister who was 3 and of course my parents, and myself were all closer than we ever were before, we talked about things we normally would just avoid, but it all started to change quickly, everybody started to become angry, for example I started to become jealous of my sisters for simple things, I became so greedy, I was never greedy, my sisters themselves became distant wouldn't talk to one another and come on they are twins and 9, my parents whom I have never heard fight started to argue and pick fights over every little thing. Now since we come from an open family there was never any locked doors where ever we lived, well that changed as well. I was watching my entire family fall apart.

At this time the house started to feel different, now instead of feeling safe it felt hostile. I remember coming from school witch was only about two blocks away happy, but as soon as I walked in the door I felt angry at the world, also felt that feeling you get when you walk into a room where you are most definitely not welcomed in, you know all eyes on you type. It was very unsettling to be at that house now, but I couldn't do anything about it. And as frequent fights between my parents broke me apart, and watching my sisters grow apart, watching my littlest sister cry and ask why our parents fought and me having to lie to her was just tearing me apart. I actually broke down one time when we were eating, just out of nowhere, I remember we were having Mac and cheese with a steak, and all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with sadness, anger, frustration, just so much negativity, at mid bite I started to tear up and cry, my parents asked what was wrong and I couldn't even reply I just dumped the fork and walked to my room, started to punch and break everything in my sight, I had never felt so much anger out of nowhere. When my parents asked me why, I honestly couldn't answer them.

A couple weeks past after my breakdown, and I think this is the single scariest incident that has happen to me in my life. With a still broken home I was feeling down so I went for a walk around the block, but as I was leaving the house the door slammed shut behind me, and no there was no wind or anything so I just kept walking, but as I walked I felt like there was eyes on me, as somebody was watching me leave, and yeah I was a little on edge so I just shrugged it off. It was only going to be a walk around the block but I started to think and things just kept going on and on in my head that before I knew it, it was dark and I had to get home. Particular thing about this night is that everybody was mad at each other so I just walked right in straight to my room no word out of my mouth.

I quickly fell asleep and to this day I really don't know if it was a dream or reality but what happened is that in my dream I woke up around 3 something as I remember I felt a pressure as if someone was sitting bedside to me, at this time my bed was put in a manner that one side was against the wall and I looked straight into the hallway, so as I felt this pressure I also felt it shift as if it was leaning to me, then I felt it grab on to my feet ankle high, and that's when I really freaked out, at first I started to fight against it but found myself unable to move as if I was paralyzed, so then I tried to scream for help as my parents room was next door but nothing came out of my mouth I just yelled franticly in my mind, and this thing or whatever started to pull me out of the bed as if it was trying to drag me out of my room into the hallway, that's when I started to pray I was just so terrified, and when I started to pray in my head it stopped well I stopped, I still felt as if something was trying to drag me out into the hallway but then something else was keeping me at bay, my upper half on the bed and my lower extremities being pulled to the outside, but something was keeping me from being dragged. And just as it started all of a sudden it stopped, and that's when I could scream again so of course to the top of my lung I started to scream kick and fight, that's when my parents came running into my room and in their eyes they looked so concerned. But when they hugged me I felt so safe. Either way that was something I can never forget.

I recently told my mom as my parents divorced soon after and we had to move from the house, but my mom also had told me that she sometimes felt her bed move as if something was under her bed. But I'm glad to say that we are out of that house...

Thank you for reading hope to see what you're thoughts on this matter are.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xippal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Oh my god I'm on this site too much,I'm going to have nightmares.:/ Cant stop reading though!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I'm sorry about all you had to go through. I'm glad you moved. Did things get better for your family, at least your sisters, after the move? It's crazy how a negative presence in a household can do so much damage. I hope you have a peaceful life from now on. Do you ever talk about your experiences with your family?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I'm sorry that you experienced so much negativity in that house. I don't think the house was really responsible though... Sometimes life just changes people, and that's natural, regardless of whether it's good or bad. It has a lot to do with transitioning through various stages of childhood to adulthood, and so on.

Everything that you've talked about sounds explainable by stress (with the exception of the slamming door) and whatever may have happened that was paranormal likely happened because of all the negativity going on. As for your experience being pulled out of bed, that sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. Many people talk about the exact same smptoms: being unable to move or talk, and feeling as though they are being dragged out of bed. Sleep paralysis is also brought on by stress and poor diet/exercise/etc.

I hope things are better for you now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: