You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost On The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost On The Ceiling

 

First of all, I normally don't believe in ghosts or demons, most of my experiences I just shake off, but this one was very intense, and caused me to stay up the rest of the night and the morning in fear.

It was a perfectly normal day, nothing of interest happened, the day went off and I went to bed, and I dreamt, but suddenly in the middle of the dream, I awoke with a grim feeling. The dream itself was not scary at all, so why I woke up so scared I don't know. I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling above me and on the ceiling was a shadowy man, with an orange light around him, or it. It was a completely black figure, and even though it was so far above me, it felt as if it were right at my nose, and it reached out to me, as if it was trying to grab hold of me. I couldn't close my eyes or get up from the bed, I was stuck in fear. I finally moved my hand, and pulled my sheets over my head and closed my eyes.

I was sweaty and scared, and really didn't dare to pull off the sheets. I was afraid if I rose from the bed, I would be within reach, and he would take me.

After about 15 minutes or so in terror, I finally got the guts to roll out of bed, and spring to the door. I hurried out, and turned on the lights before I left the room, and went for the kitchen. There I sat for the rest of the night and the morning, until my mother came down, at which time I slowly went back to bed, after making sure sunlight could come in and illuminate the room.

I am not sure if this was a real ghost, or just my imagination, but I have never been more scared in my life than at that point. I've had nightmares before, and monsters bigger and more evil looking than that shadowy orange figure, but none have had such a sinister feeling about them.

The shadow has never returned though, luckily.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, klikko, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
What the hell TheNathanNS! In the name of Jesus GET OUT indeed! HA HA JHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL! 😆 😆 😆
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
ooh I think that's a good one. FREAKY FREAKY FREAKY! Tell me another one! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! 😨 😨 😨
LilithGarner (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Everybody likes to say damn.:/ Anyway creepy story! Guess who's not sleeping on their back tonight!
cj32 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Its very scary to go through something like that. Years ago I was sleeping in my bed and I wasn't even dreaming. I tossed arounds towards the edge of my bed and simply opened my eyes. To my surprise there was a huge six foot flame in the shape of a man. It laster for a few long seconds before it was gone. I counldnt go back to sleep after that and at the moment I couldn't even screaM. I jus sat up and my mouth froZe!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Thanks for sharing your story. That would have scared me to death. I can't imagine opening up my eyes and seeing something staring right back at me, let alone having it floating above me. Lordy!

If it does come back, then you know for sure it was real and not an extension of your dreams. Hope it stays away!

Thunderuss (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
There is also a condition of sleep paralysis I believe it is called, it's where someone will wake up and see a odd figure of something before them, and not be able to move. It's as their imagination plays tricks on them.
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
damn man that's scary.
If he appears again just say "in the name of Jesus GET OUT" and he should go (from what I read on otther stories that works sometimes)
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
dammm that is scary, I couldent imagine what I would do if something like that happened to me, I'd probarbly run out of the room screaming lol. Not sure what that could have been its not like the ghost has been bothering you a lot so it can't be a residential ghost. Mabye the ghost got disturbed by something. I dunno.

Greeting from nathan
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Whoa that was damn spooky. That might be a ordinary spirit fooling around. God bless!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: