You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Words

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Words

 

This may have to be short because I'm not typing from my computer right now but I have time to say what's been going on at my house lately.

I was in my bedroom watching a movie about a week ago and I kind of got the urge to go do something else instead, so I paused the movie to try and make my decision. It was very quiet in here. Randomly I heard a voice whisper "Tarry!" I spoke out loud saying "what?" And the voice replied "Tarry!" I did say what, again. But there was no reply that time. It was definitely a female voice that sounded familiar to me but at that moment I had no idea if tarry was a real word or what it meant. Later I looked up the word and it said "To stay." That certainly spooked me out; I'm guessing some spirit wanted me to stay! Someone said it could also be a name. I just thought the definition of the word fit better with the situation.

Last night I was using my computer and out of the corners of my eyes I started seeing orbs moving on the wall. They started to really get on my nerves by moving so much. One of them kept going right by my face! So I went and got my camera and they honestly stopped all together and didn't move anymore.

Tonight I was sitting in my room thinking about going to bed. I heard 2 random things come from nowhere again just as "tarry" did. The first was "morgue orb." I didn't say anything back... Because it gave me a queasy feeling in my tummy. The next was "I just want you to gwine." I was playing with my DSi just like I am now and something inside me was telling me to look up the definition of "gwine" and it said "To go." Now I'm wondering to myself why I keep hearing these voices saying weird words to me.

My cousin said "tarry" is a biblical word and nobody really uses it anymore. I really don't know. I've not told many people about the voices because they might think I'm losing my mind.

Well, this is all for now!

Other hauntings by Lydia050

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lydia050, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lydia050 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Well, I haven't had time to look up anything yet.
But yeah, Terry could be something to look into also.
The preacher at the church I used to go to, also my dad's friend's name is Terry!

There was an old guy who lived here before us... I can't remember his name to save my life but he died of cancer.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Moongrim, that has been bothering me the past few day or so since I've read this story. I keep thinking "Terry"...it can be either a male or female name, and "Terry" might mean something if the author looks through the history of who owned the land there...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Tarry, also phonetically sounds the same as: Terrie.

Which is a person's name. A dimunitive of Teresa.

Http://www.behindthename.com/name/teresa
pwjigz (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Lydia,

Do you feel that there is some spirits that goes around you're house?
Like cosmogal said that words that has been used is really old.
Maybe this spirits are been haunted by someone.
Saying to stay, wait (tarry) and go (gwine). Do you feel that there is more than one spirit in your house?
Lydia050 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Thanks for the comments, yalls.
I honestly don't know how to look up stuff about the land x_x
I do have this book that has all kinds of stuff about places around here from way back in the day... I should probably look in it... I know there was stuff in the book about the old house I used to live in.

Two (CREEPY) things I know that have happened on my property

1.A guy was shot in the front yard some years ago.

2.There was a family that lived up here... Like right where my house is now. An old woman and man and their son. Well, their son went out drinking and partying one night and when he came home he decided to sneak through the window so he wouldn't wake anybody. His dad thought someone was breaking in and he shot him.

Sad story... Also very creepy.

I'd definitely love to learn more about this land...
Any ideas of how I could do that?
Mandy12151985 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I found this
Definition of TARRY
Intransitive verb
1a: to delay or be tardy in acting or doing b: to linger in expectation: wait
2: to abide or stay in or at a place

Gwine (gwn)
V. Chiefly Southern & South Midland U.S.
A present participle of go1.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hey Lydia, Very interesting account, and I agree with your title these words are very weird. I think it is great that you looked them up and found their meaningl. I would have never even thought they were from the English language. When I just looked up "tarry" it said it was Archaic - meaning from the early years. It said that "gwine" is from Southern culture. I am amazed that you could very well have a spirit in your home that could be from 1500 BC. The other voice you heard could be the spirit of an early Southerner from around the mid - late 1800's. History shows that the word gwine was used during that time. I find this story fascinating, and if you hear or find out anything about the history of the land, please let us know. Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Have you had a chance to look up anything on the house and the land? Do you know of any historical events that might have taken place on your property? That could explain these weird voices. I don't think it's necessarily an intelligent haunting, yet. It just seems to be residual since they don't interact with you in any way. I could be wrong, but I think orbs are only partially manifested spirits... Just like, balls of light and energy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: