You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Silent Stroker

Real Ghost Stories

Silent Stroker

 

This event happened in 2006, a few weeks after I had moved into my room at university. I had been taking a nap on top of my bed, around midday and woke up when I needed to use the bathroom. Now I've heard of sleep paralysis but what happened this day, was definitely not this.

I was lying on my back, and I woke up with the feeling of a force holding me down, there was a pressure all over my body stopping me from not only getting up, but moving even the slightest. This pressure was not as if someone was holding me down, it was as if a thick mass was surrounding me and I just knew I had to get off the bed; for some reason my mind was just telling me if I could just get of the bed I would be fine. I could see my mobile phone on the bedside table and I was just willing myself so much to try reaching it. I don't know how long I was struggling to do this for. But the next part, I remember so clearly.

I looked down along the bed, and this being was there, clear as day. Lying down on its side with one arm propping its head up. It was lying there, just looking at me. So calmly. There is something so frightening about that calmness. It knew I was struggling and it was enjoying it. I remember it was on my right side, as I was trying so hard to roll on my side to face away from it towards the wall (on my left).

I got a pretty good look at this creature, as I really wanted to know if I was seeing things correctly. Its image is now etched into my memory. I remember looking at it being disgusted at its appearance, the best way I can describe it was scaly. It was covered head to toe even its face, with bumpy thick dry skin closely resembling scales but it just looked so uneven and rough. Its colour was odd too; it was like a mesh of muddy reds and murky dull blues. It was humanoid shaped not very tall or built, and had longer than usual fingers with either long dirty looking nails or claws (I couldn't distinguish)

This creature appeared and disappeared repeatedly on different parts of my bed. Every time it disappeared I was relieved and thought it had gone and left me alone, and I'd try moving off the bed, but it would appear again either at the base of the bed of my left side now. For a while it stayed on my left side, and was lying close to my face now, it's hot breathe on my skin. I could hear it breathing, so thick and raspy in my ear, I was closing my eyes now of fear. I didn't see this part but I could feel its fingers stroking the hair near my forehead, it was gently stroking my hair but it was just sinister the whole thing was twisted. I was praying and begging in my head for it to just leave. It knew my praying was not working, It knew I was petrified and it knew I couldn't do anything about it. But then the breathing stopped, the stroking stopped; I don't think it was because I was praying for it to go though, I think it just left of its own accord. This creature was something else, it wasn't being so forceful or strong in the conventional sense, and it was powerful without it. Which is what scared me the most.

I was finally able to get off the bed. I found it very hard to sit up and walking to the bathroom (which was only a few feet away) was difficult, I felt like I was swaying. I called my friend (who was at uni with me) to tell her about what happened and if I could stay round that night.

There were never any other incidences like this in that room again. Although since moving back from uni last year a few events not quite as extreme but similarly vulgar has happened at home too.

Now this event, after reading others on this site seems unlike many of them... This was more a solid entity than shadowy. I left it a few years, trying to forget it for fear it will come back if I give it much thought. The only person I've ever told about this is the friend I rang straight after. I've only just found this site a few months ago and after reading people's experiences it made me want to share mine and see if anyone had any ideas of what this was.

Other hauntings by believer008

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, believer008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

believer008 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Hi everyone! Sorry for the super late reply... I assumed I'd get a notification if anyone posted on my story.

Thanks for the feedback... I had never considered it being an alien but I wouldn't be surprised if it was looking back. I have had a few experiences of things I assume are demonic since coming back home from university, and they were different to this one. But the same paralysis and have to get up feelings were present.

Jitow, the prayers I were saying that time were not directed at any particular god... I was saying in my mind... Things like 'please god help me'...and just repeating this kind of thing which may be why this did not work. I have since read certain words and phrases have more of an effect on them. In experiences after this I have repeatedly said ' I command you to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, our saviour, The Lamb of God who sacrificed his life on the cross to remove all sins from the world' or words to that effect. Though I sometimes have to repeat this many times over and over for the spirit/s to leave.

To answer Brier...i've never heard of projecting a chi shield but I'll look that up. I haven't had any demonic or strange experience for a few months but I have been having severe night terrors most nights for the past about 6 or 7 months.

I don't actually remember what these are about but I wake myself and everyone in my house up with shouting and screaming most nights. It's become a bit of an embarrassment where I have to warn and reassume people, whenever I'm sharing a bed or staying over anywhere to be aware I am a 'sleep talker' and the shouting, (always abusive) is not directed at them!
Jitow (362 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
What kind of prayers were you saying and who were they to. If you say god, genericly demons can get around that as you are praying to a god with a little g. If you want the experiences to end you will have to call upon the name above all names, Jesus. AQs Christians we are taught to pray to God, Jehovah God, our creator but we must always pray to God in Jesus name because it is Jesus death burial and ressurrection that allows us to call out to God. So the easy way to get rid of this thing immediately is to say in your head if you cannot speak, Jesus rebuke you and I guarantee it will leave, it has to. There is no way around it, it has to go.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Uh sure. Here's my email so you can email questions or whatever.
It's firefly1152 [at] aol.com
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Brier,

Nightmares about aliens usually signify abduction. Normally people DO NOT have nightmares or memories of aliens. You may have had an encounter at one point. Aliens don't let the human remember. They kind of create a time lapse, they wipe the memory. But you can still have visions or flashes of your experience.

Would you be willing to share your dreams? Aliens scare the living crap out of me and I don't ever ever ever want to enounter one. They have such bad energy because they are indifferent to us. They treat us like we treat cattle. Do humans deserve it? Of course. But it is still freaky!
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
*shivers*
Demons I can handle. Aliens, on the other hand... Way too many nightmares about them.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Yeah aliens! Boo demons! Demons are so overrated. If there were as many demons out there that this site has projected, we'd all have our own personal demon. I don't have a demon. Where's my demon? I like the alien theory. The reptilians are one of the most popular forms of aliens sighted. Maybe it was picking on you. Gathering information from you. Have you have any weird dreams or missing time to go along with this event? It may have just been hanging around your university waiting for someone to examine, you may have just been caught at the wrong moment. I could be completely off base here. But I hope whatever it is, alien, demon, lizard, leaves you alone for good.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
This sounds like a reptilian. I think reptillians are supposed to be some sort of alien. They like greys have the ability to be both energetic and physical. It was almost treating you like a speciman, very interesting. I am glad it only popped in that one time. That would literally scare me right out of the university.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Okay this is going to sound weird, but have you ever tried to project a chi shield?
It's basically a shield that you build with your own energy to protect you from paranormal things. When you get comfortable enough, you can also chase the spirit away by your own preference of how you release that energy.

Like I said, sounds weird. But it helps me.
3nj0y (19 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
This was a Demonic entity. Lower level entities feed off of fear panic and anxiety, They also tend to be disfigured in their appearance. This thing wanted to scare You and it succeeded, It had It's fill of fear for one sitting and so It left. Sounds like an awfully frightening encounter, I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to You. As long as You always pray before bed for protection from GOD, You won't see this creature again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: