You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl With The Ball

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl With The Ball

 

This took place June 07, 1997 when we first moved in (I was 11 years old). My parents told me that the 9 year old girl that lived in the house before us died in her room. I don't believe in ghosts so I said I would take that room. I was curious so one night I asked what had happened to her, and my parents took turns telling it just like this:

"The little 9 year old girl, Emma, lived in this house in 1991. That night she was playing in her room with a little rubber ball. She bounced the ball against the wall, caught it when it shot back and threw it back. She continued like this for about an hour until someone came up to her window and shot her. No one knows why he chose to kill HER or why he didn't kill the rest of the family. All they know is she was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

As soon as my parents were finished they both glanced at each other and as if the story didn't exist they said "Time for bed!" But that's all I remember. But the worst part was every night from then on, I would wake up at 3:00 exactly and hear a ball bouncing against the wall. It would be so loud I wouldn't fall asleep until one hour later when the bouncing would stop and I would hear a gun shot and finally fall asleep a few minutes later.

I am now 25 years old and this continues to happen every night I go to sleep, even when I went to college I would wake up and ask my roommates if they had heard anything. It seemed to only affect me. Every time I go to sleep no matter where I am, I still hear the bouncing. The only thing that scares me anymore is the gun shot. And I'm terrified that one day I will get out of bed at the wrong time and walk into the line of the gun shot. If ANYONE has ANY advice PLEASE let me know because I wish I could take back the night I slept in Emma's room...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGirl666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
geetha - I'm not blonde either, only when the mood strikes. But the shoe certainly fits, as does the title πŸ˜†
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
johntravis28,
I think they would do a way much better job than the author with the fictional story. I'm sorry to say but even with a fictional story, it's not strong. It looks like a preteen wrote this instead of a college student.

Taz890,
I'm sorry to say this but maneater12's karma points are already in the negative region in the double digits. Nothing can be done about that! But I do agree the comments are worth more than the Karma points.

Miracles,
I'm not a blond but don't worry I'm in the same boat as you. I tend to find myself in the dumb blond situations a lot more than others. πŸ˜†
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
well said bacchaegrl. You see it a lot of people wanting to just cut their losses and go when they make up a story.

Although in saying that, I'm sure Quentin Tarantino, or Don Coscarelli or one of them guys could take this story and make a decent movie out of it
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
And still no posts from the author. Though she wanted help and said she would participate. Guess she saw that she was caught red-handed. You can't make a comeback when you've created a story with such giant holes in it, that others can easily come in with their own details and somehow give the story more of a backbone than before. I enjoyed other's theories as well, they at least made for a better read than the original post.
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I wouldn't worry about it. The Universe is a big place. It is probably the Darkside or Sinister side even - playing with the emotions of people because of the Positivity or to keep balance in the World we live in. Stay mature and alert and I believe the light will shine for you.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
yeah scorpio. A lot of the time the comments are far more entertaining than the story. Especially when an idiot posts and everybody rounds on them. Frontier fun:)
msscorpio24 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
LOL...hi guys!
I enjoyed the comments more than the story.
Specially the different versions.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
[at] DARKNESS LOL! I'm hearing a gunshot noise now and there is no one in the room! Oh no wait it's the guy fixing the gutters with his drill πŸ˜† I also find suspicious is this GhostGirl666 (why do we have the devils number in our nick if we don't believe in any of this stuff? I digress) only signed up about a week ago so basically sign up, don't read and comment on anything and then write this... Story... Lame... πŸ€”
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
GhostGirl666: 14 years you have had to put up with that crap, 14 miserable years! And not once did you think to try record this sound at all? Plus for 14 years no one else witnessed anything? πŸ˜• Let me throw another blankey on the pile!
maneater12 (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
ill help just click the up button and it will cancel the karma point thing bagels chewbacca and I'm still being random
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
miracles not a prob πŸ˜†
Not bothered about the karma points comments mean more to me like I said yesterday, so I lost on to a blond no multi tasking moment you know what I say to that?

ITS TOUGH BUT I WILL LIVE!
your sorry is enough for 10 karmapoints
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
taz - that was me that just knocked you down. Crap, I'm sorry. Talk about classic dumb blonde moment. I meant to knock down maneater and was reading your comment and instead voted you down. Wow! Apparently I don't multi-task well at all.

Ummm...gonna have to figure out how to fix that πŸ˜•. Not the multi-tasking. I think that's irrepairable πŸ˜†, but how to give you back the point I took away.
maneater12 (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I don't drink or any of that I just like to make stupid remarks like that plus I'm rarly on the so I like to have the fun whenever I can.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
MANEATER12
Slow down there! Step away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths.
Whoo hoo, your not making much sence with your comments there
A bit erratic now I'm guessing you too are calling this one out yes? Ok good that's sorted.
Now what are you smoking, drinking or sniffing cause it is not helping!
Only trying to be friendly, your already on -7karma would hate to see a double figure minus karma
maneater12 (15 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
ok let me see it at my angle there was a suicidel little girl named emma she tried baging her head againt the wall around 4 AM in the morning so she took a basketball and slamed her head with that but one of her parents or a neighbor got tired of it and took a pistol and gave it to her when she shot her self 5 times and she kept missing the parent or the neighbor got so pissed of he shot mimself then the little girl took a rope hung her self and didn't die finally she too a nuke and nuked herself so to all the suicidel children out there take a nuke and nuke yourself happy nuking πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
hello there children, and now time for todays "story"
Are we sitting comfy? Good then I will begin!

What wicked parents telling a little girl, "emma" got shot for playing ball at 4 am.
But, the little girl gets it every night since!?
It even followed ghostgirl666 to college for some strange reason!
Oh my! Did you hear that children? It was betsy the cow leaving a "speical" gift for ghostgirl666,
And look! Here comes betsy cows boyfriend billy, look billy has a gift too yes that's right children
IT'S A STEAMING PILE OF BUL S*!T

GOOD NIGHT CHILDREN
SUZIE ❀ ❀ πŸ˜†
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Jav,
If you don't mind inner city rules, I'm game.

Rules:

1. Steal a ball from a little girl
2. 3 AM start time
3. One hour time limit, no one in immediate vicinity allowed to sleep
4. First drive by shooting signals end of game

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Why, oh why, oh why did I go and read this festering pile of &%$+?! Next time I read the comments first...
Hey, anybody up for a game of handball? I haven't played in a while but if it's anything like riding a bike... πŸ˜‰
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
[at] 510mot - Bless you... Oh sorry I thought you sneezed. LOL! πŸ˜† 😜

GG666 - Do you have a link to the news report when this murder took place? I tried doing a google search but couldn't find anything. Did anything else happen in the home besides the bouncing ball and gun shot? I have to agree with granny about residuals they tend to happen in the same place over and over again.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
510mot - that was my BS Blankie πŸ˜†

Whats the matter you can't identify sarcasm?
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hooey,Phooey,bababooey! I am blowing the dust off of The old B.S.Blankie for this one. At best you are a victim of suggestion, at worst a bored author pushing horse apples.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Let me try a different angle...

Location: One of them hillbilly villages

Scenario:

As little Emma was bouncing her ball deep into the night, one of the house hold occupants got annoyed as he was trying to catch some zzzz's before waking up at 4 am to milk the cows and collect the manure for sale to the local pot farm. In a fit of rage he flew into Emma's room and shot her then there was silence. After a few minutes he realized what he had done so he went to the backyard and hung himself in the cowshed.

Now it was a tragic loss of 2 lives and as such the scene is replayed every night.

What Ghost Girl failed to mention was that after the shot there was a faint trail of footsteps sounds then a "crux" - that's where the shooter breaks his neck after jumping off one of them cows.

Ghost Girl was truly traumatized by the incident that she kept hearing the sounds every night - I recommend that she visit the local pot shop to get some medicine to relax her nerves.
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I have to agree with previous comments. Also if it was as recent as 1991 then I'm sure there would be a newpaper report about it found easy enough. Have you checked this out? Because if indeed your parents did make this story up then the haunting makes no sense whatsoever and would clearly just be in your own head.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
And I don't know about you but my parents would never even think of telling their 11 year old child a horror story about the bedroom they sleep in right before they go to bed. That's just asking for trouble.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I think your parents told you a story to scare you and it worked. I believe this experience is real to YOU, but I think you're hearing what you expect to hear based on the story you were told. The mind is a powerful thing.

Granny - I think the author is suggesting that they wish they could take back the decision to take that room, not that they had spent one night there.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Ghostgirl,
One of the details of your parents story sticks out to me. I can accept, that since this murder took place just six years before you moved in, that someone reliable told it to your parents. I can believe that the story was that the girl was playing with the ball when she was shot. But who, other than the occupants of the house, or potentially the shooter, would know the girl played with the ball for ONE hour? Or is that a detail you later added because it is how long this phenomenon you are experiencing lasts nightly?
How did your parents feel when you told them about how they activated this nightly torment for you; that has now lasted fourteen years?
The ball starts bouncing conveniently at precisely 3:00 AM and you cannot fall asleep, but it stops, and then you hear a gunshot... After which you can immediately fall asleep? First of all, and maybe you meant to put it this way, but why did the bouncing stop before the gunshot...shouldn't the gunshot have stopped the bouncing. Should we assume the ball was in the girl's hand when she was shot? Because you should have heard it bounce and roll away when she could not catch it...ya' know...'CAUSE SHE'S DEAD.
In college, you would wake your roommates up and ask them if they heard anything. If it actually happened, would you not wake them and ask them while it was happening? Let's remember, this happens EVERY night, AT 3:00, for 14 years, lasts ONE hour EVERY night, and always concludes with a GUNSHOT... Seems like it would be pretty easy to plan around if it was an event someone else could actually witness.

Granny, before you throw the blankie, let me short sheet her bed...

Lou
aiafaith1 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
I have to go with zzsgranny. The story is very interesting, but I was a bit lost.

You said you don't believe in ghosts, and you still took Emma's room. After you heard how she died though, you started hearing a ball and a gun shot.

Honestly, I think you were just hearing things, because I do this too sometimes.

If it was something, most likely residual. Also, like granny said, there is no reason to be afraid of a bullet that can't hurt you, but I still understand how you feel.

Thank you for sharing.

AF1 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+8
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
GG666: Sorry, but I'm a bit confused by this story...

First of all, you don't believe in ghosts so you took the room, and nothing happened until your parents told you the story...

Secondly, this sounds like a residual, and being such, the events would most likely play out at the same time as the incident... I can't imagine a 9 year old being allowed to play "bounce the ball against the wall" at 3am...

Thirdly, residuals don't attach to anyone... They play out whether anyone's there or not, in the same place at the same time, under the same circumstances...

Fourthly, and I think most importantly: You say you're 25 years old and college educated, and yet you're afraid of a ghost bullet?...And your last sentence sounds like you only spent one night in "Emma's room"...

This story doesn't hold water for me...Sorry, but I'm throwing the blankey on this one...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: