You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: School Camp

Real Ghost Stories

School Camp

 

I was quite young, it's 2008. The Primary School I attended is going on the year 5/6 camp in Myuna Bay. There are cabins there so thank god we weren't in tents. It's the dead of the night. I had a dream that our school principal, Mr. Coote (I still to this day cannot stand him), was checking in on all the cabins making sure we were all asleep and if we weren't he would take us away forever. On the exact minute he stepped into our cabin in my dream, I woke up straight away. I looked up and there was a dark figure literally right above my head. His eyes were glowing bright purple (as strange as it seems) and he was making groaning noises. I freaked out and shut my eyes straight away. The next morning I ask my cabin-mate if anyone came in our cabin last night and she simply replied no.

I'm in year nine so it has been 3-4 years (I can't be bothered to think). I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me suggestions on what it could've been. I really want to know because I can't go on school camps; I haven't gone on any since. Just please let me know if you have an idea. Is it like was it just my imagination, or was it a spirit, a ghost. Anything! I'll write a further list of descriptions.

The figure of a 15-ish year old boy.

Glowing purple-ish eyes

No mouth just eyes.

Making a groaning noise.

Kind of tall.

Longish hair (of what I could tell from his outline)

As I said before and probably the billionth time now I would really like to know. Please please please please please! Also has anyone else experienced something like that!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thediscohoney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Demoncat1994 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
I would say that it is a type of demon, because, a demon can take any form of a human being with no mouth at all. 😨 That is just creepy. Now I am scared.
DJTatayy03 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
ha, it was a nice camp site, I went there also for my yr5/6 camp trip:P Although I do have to admit, nothing creepy ever happened to anyone while we did stay there. I did feel a bit nervous at times though when staying there, but it may be because I was a kid and had a over active imagination (?)
I doubt you imagined the "groaning sound" it made though:/ could possibly be a night hag *shrug*
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
muppet? 😆 I like that one...
Yeah, could have been just an episode of night/dream terror, if you will. Not quite awake, still in a dream state. Still enough to scare a person, and question its reality... No worries.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
hi discohoney, This seems to have freaked you out completely but I am leaning towards isandhus theory and Bacchaegirls advice. You could try to research the camp history, if you really ant more information but I am not sure this is the right route for you as Bacchaegirl said it could have been a spirit passing through. You could also ask other students that have been if they have witnessed anything. The most important thing is don't panic you only saw this once it is very unlikely that you are haunted.
Whiterabbit I don't usually comment on other comments ina negative way but you are a muppet! Someone who is this scared does not need you suggesting that it is a demon and it will go after her again later. She sounds scared. Shame on you!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that imagination is the most likely explanation for this experience. You'd just awoken from a disturbing dream, you were in a strange place, had probably eaten strange food and (big assumption here) but there were probably some kind of ghost stories told to you before bed as well. That's a recipe for an over-active imagination.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
How do you know it's a demon, whiterabbit2108? Here we go again. People assuming the worst when there is no real evidence to support any of these allegations. Just because you are the same age doesn't mean that you know what happened to thediscohoney. It doesn't mean that at all! So it had purple eyes, and I agree with lovingmama27, some of the details are contradictory, but that doesn't mean anything! I'm sure you aren't haunted for life, it may have been a dream, it could be just a spirit passing through. The possibilities are limitless, but, very importantly, this occurance shouldn't ruin your life. So you saw something scary, once. It doesn't mean you need to shy away from experiences that could be fun. You weren't harmed, you seem okay. I would suggest that you live your life in the way you choose, not the way a single sighting chooses for you.
whiterabbit2108 (1 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Hey, I'm the same age as you, and have had a paranormal experience too. Mine was quite different to this, though.

What you saw was, in fact, a demon. A lot of people on here have seen something similar; a dark figure on the ceiling above their head. Chances are that it was the spirit of a child that died there, or perhaps the bridge between life and death was a bit weaker there. Either way, I think you may see it again in later life.

Good luck, and no matter how scared you are, don't ever lose your cool. Stay calmly if you feel weird, and try to resist any attacks, should they happen.

😊
lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
kind of confused... Some details contradict others 😕 such as it was a dark figure, but he looked to be around 15. And the he was kind of tall... Those 3 things seem to not fit all together.

This comment from maneater12 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

miniattack (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
i personally think it could of been a child who died there he may of slept in that bunk and was trying to go to bed or maybe his mate stayed in that bed and he poked his head up to speak to him. I hope this helped I have also had some paranormal experiences and it sounds like he died there. Do you know if there were any deaths and if not is there any way of you finding out?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: