You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Stairway To Grandad

Real Ghost Stories

Stairway To Grandad

 

I have had a few strange experiences in my life. I have always found myself to be one of these people that are close to the paranormal.

When I was a young girl, I lived with my mother and my younger sister Janie. We lived in a Council flat and I and my sister shared a room. When I was growing up my mother would tell me all sorts of stories about my Granddad Chris. He was in the Navy and travelled a lot when she was young. He was known in my home town as a strong and great guy. He was quite wealthy and would go out of his way for anyone.

When I was 2 year's old he passed away. His body eventually gave in, too much alcohol abuse. Apparently as a young child I took a big liking to my Granddad and I loved him very much. He used to eat a lot of chocolate, and that is how I believe I became addicted to it and loved it so much. I only really have one memory of my Granddad and I have always found it a strange one.

One night, I was sleeping in my bed and I had a very strange dream. I must have been around 8 or 9 years old at the time. In this dream I was surrounded by pure white clouds. I remember a set of stairs forming; leading me up to what I believe was Heaven (or something quite similar). When I got to the top, there he was, my Granddad. He held out his hand and smiled at me. He looked very friendly and I remember being over come with happiness. Then I saw a table and his dairy milk chocolate lying upon it. I looked over at him and I saw that he was not looking, so I took some and laughed. I was being cheeky. He caught me but it was all happiness, he was letting me know that he always knew I had done that and it was okay. Then I woke up, and felt very strange.

The thing is, I know this sound's like a dream but it didn't feel like it. It felt different. I told my Mum about it and she told me that before he died I used to do that to him all the time. It seemed strange that 7 year's later out of no where I would re-live it; except experience it as new at the same time. It really did feel like my Granddad was just saying hello to me and making me feel like everything was going to be okay. I remember times had been very hard back then!

I have always remembered this as a strange and wonderful experience! And thinking about it now makes me want to cry tears and smile at the same time. I just wish I could have known him more! And I know that he is always watching over us! Storing up chocolate bars for when it's my time to join him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BellaPixieNinja, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
you, your grandfather, and I probably make good friends over chocolate. Which is not always a good thing for a person like me, if you are trying to loose weight.

As for what you experienced,
You said it yourself, that you had some bad times when you had that dream. It was your grandfather's way of helping you remember some of the good times you had so that it would be easier for you to get though the bad times you faced.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Well of course there's chocolate in heaven! He was just letting you know that the universe makes sense after all.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
When we sleep we are able to travel more easily. I don't think that this was a dream but you travelled to him that night.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I'm so glad that you were able to have this experience. Whether it was a real encounter or just a dream, remembering our loved ones in the fondest ways is how we keep them alive within ourselves.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
This got a little sniffle out of me, such a lovely way for you and your grand dad to reunite and connect again, I'm sure you eat chocolate now with a fond smile for your grand dad 😁
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
mmmmmn chocolate I can't wait to meet your grandad. Lol just kidding. Really heartfilled story I loved reading through it, hopefully the people I love will come back and tell me their are ok like your grandad did. You must have been very special to him.

Wishing you the best.

Nathan ❤
Leehome (1 stories) (15 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I love this story:) Such a personal detail of the relationship you and he once had, that he cherishes. He wants you to cherish it too. It's very endearing.

Leehome
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Our late relatives choose the time they reach us on their own mysterious terms, don't they? At any rate we're always the richer for it. Thanks for sharing. Now, If I could just get this guitar riff out of my head.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
BellaPixieNinja
Have read and re read this story a few times now.
One after another and I finally have got the "feeling" for it. At first I could not be sure about this one but now~ WOW!

A well written, honest story 😁
I do "feel" that your grandad did visit you in a dream so not to frighten you, and the catching you taking his chocolate and you feeling happyness
He is saying that everything is going to be ok and not to worry.

A sweet story thank you for shearing,
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: