You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: That Didn't Happen - My Brothers Problem

Real Ghost Stories

That Didn't Happen - My Brothers Problem

 

There are 3 of us children myself and my identical twin brothers. My mum seems to have some psychic abilities which I will tell you about in other stories. But I believe my brother to have the most out of all three of us. These are all things that have happened to Martin.

Now I will just start by saying that Martin is terrified of anything paranormal and his usual way of dealing with it is to say to himself "That didn't happen", yet he seems to have a lot happen to him. Poor thing.

Martin is a single dad to my nephew who is now 16 but when he was younger about 10 he had brought a bungalow near to my dad who he worked with. It was not an old house by any means and I would guess it was built in the 70's or 80's in a quiet cul-de-sac on a quiet estate. There was nothing spooky about the place at all it was open plan as you walked through the front door the kitchen was to your right which had a breakfast counter seperating it from the sitting room. A hallway led off in an L shape and on the corner of the L on the left hand side was the small bathroom. Just round the corner was my nephews room and at the end of the L was my brothers room. Anyway on to the first of his stories.

At least twice a week he was woken up by the taps running at full blast in the bathroom to which he would heave himself out of bed plod down to the bathroom and turn them off muttering his favorite mantra to himself "that didn't happen". This happened each week for the full three years he lived there and he had a plumber come out to check the taps with no explanation given as they were all working fine.

When my dad stayed overnight with him he slept in my nephews bunkbeds during the night he got up and went to the toilet as he came back he noticed a flashing light in the bed leaned down to find out what it was and there in the bed was my nephews huge plastic sword playing a little light show to itself. Dad woke Martin up who was understandibly unimpressed with this took the sword and threw it out the back door and told dad to go back to bed.

From there he moved in with his ex and he always said that the door to the downstairs toilet would rattle and it would sound as if someone was knocking on it even when no-one was in the house with him to which he would mutter his mantra.

When his relationship broke down he moved in with me and my long suffereng husband. Our house is old and built near all the old mines in Chesterfield and the man who owned it had a huge fight with his wife and she left. I always joked that he killed her and buried her in the basement (I know I am warped) as the basement was filled with concrete after she had left. Anyway Martin was out of work when he lived with us and used to nap on the sofa in the afternoons. One day I came home from work to Martin jabbering on about me having been home already and why did I not talk to him. When I questioned him further he said he was laid down with his back to the room taking a nap and was woken by the back door going. Someone then walked through the kitchen and past him brushing against him and walking round the living room and back out of the room out of the door. He had said "Hi Suzie, what are you doing home?" to which I obviously had not answered. This freaked him out quite a bit and he said it happened on another couple of occasions to which I said it was the woman in the basement checking up on him. Yes I know I am cruel but I am his little sister.

He works in an old warehouse place and he says he keeps seeing people out of the corner of his eye coming round pallets and when he turns to speak there is no-one there. I will let you guess what he mutters to himself.

Lastly his current house which he moved in about 4 years ago. It is also an older property. 100 years old as it has dates stamped on all the houses on the street and names such as briar house etc. This house is cold and I do not like it very much at all. He has been pinned in bed before he had fallen asleep (I know I thought sp too) but he has also had the bed covers tugged off of him in the middle of the night and even had a wrestling match with the spirit trying to keep hold of them. He is not a small bloke: 6ft3, and this has terrified him but it appears to either have followed him to his lady friends converted barn of a house or he is just that lucky because it happens to him when he stays with her too. I think the the thing that frightened him the most is that it has pulled him out of bed before and he felt this thing grab his ankle and yank him to the floor.

He does not like these things happening and there have been more small incidents. I would just like some advice on how to help him please.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by Gizzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gizzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Aussiedaz,

Thank you for replying and for sharing that personal account. I am glad that you had come to terms with your gift to appreciate the special effort your mum made to come and see you and to actually get a hug! Wow. Now I am jealous as a selfish part of me wishes I could have had that with several people who have passed on but maybe I am not ready which is why I still get scared when paranormal occurances happen. Maybe I never will be... Well enough of my babbling. Thanks again you always make me think 😊 Suzie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
You know something Gizzy, it took a long time for me to be comfortable with it... I think we are more frighten of the unknown rather than the spiritual experience itself... I remember the first time I saw my Dad outside my window... It did startle me and left me shaken a little... I remember telling my mother about it at the time and how it did give me a fright... I once said to her make sure you don't do that to me with tongue in cheek... And amazingly after she died the very same thing happened... And when my mother knew I could see her, she actually pulled herself out of view... Knowingly that I may not cope with it... But it was the complete opposite, I was glad to see my mother and was totally at peace with the experience, so much so that a few days later she hugged me and we spoke to each other... Something I hold close to my heart and thank God for.

Daz 😁
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hi Aussiedaz,

Thank you for commenting. How long did it take you to come to terms with it? I apologise if this is to rude a question but you seem so... Comfortable is not the right word but used to it. I will pass on your message thanks (although not sure how much good it will do, as I am more open to this than he is). I think his biggest problem is it terrifies him and because he is a mans man he can't cope with being scared so shuts down. Oh well I will keep trying 😊 Suzie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Hi Gizzy, I really enjoyed your story and your sense of humor too... I can understand your brother and how he feels about these experiences... I had my moments of being in denial, cursing and even throwing punches into the air at nothing... But you can pass this on to him, if he can over come his anxiety and fears about these unexplained happenings and except there not here to hurt him he will sleep better at night... Easy said I know best wishes.

Daz 😁
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Hi Redphx, thank you for coming back to me, I will try all that has been suggested and see if it helps. I will post an update if it does. Gizzy
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
sorry about the late reply. Yes you can smudge the house and use white light protection. You can even do white light protection on someone if you are in another state. It just takes more concentration.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Gizzy and Taz,

What a wonderful reunion... Which one of you is Tom and which one is Davey Boy?

Lou
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Taz890, you may have met your match as I was also a keen british bulldog player as a child. And I also have a lot of experience with rugby tackling as I have a puppy who likes to run at giant dogs who could eat her for breakfast. So I have a feeling it would be a close one between us or maybe the killer will get a choice as we will both be in a heap on the floor trying to stop the other one from getting ahead lol 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
gizzy, I guess it would depend on who is chasing me lol
But as you say every one for them selves and I used to play a mean british bulldog as a kid (nasty game! Run up and down a field, bit like tag with some one in middle waiting to catch you out but with no rules!? A cloths line was my fav but a swift tap on back of leg would down another player so I could stay in the game!)

So watch it if you do get in front hun ❤ 😆

Carl
Would not do that now though 🤔
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
Javelina, so glad I made you laugh. I am not sure whether Dad was pulling martins leg or incredibly freaked out himself as he is not comfortable with ghosts either. Thank you for the link I will check it out! Thanks again 😊
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
Taz890, Hmm the first victim huh? Well depends whether you can run faster than me! If you can't much as I like you it is everyone for themselves. Lol 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Gizzy,
This link is for a site that teaches "Psychic Shielding"...http://astateofmind.eu/2010/03/03/how-to-create-psychic-shield-in-6-steps/
Hope this helps!

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Gizzy,
Thanks for this, I was laughing all the way through!
I cracked up at the idea of your dad waking Martin up in the middle of the night just to show him the blinking lights on a kids toy sword! That has got to be the funniest payback I've heard in a while. Going in to shake him awake, finally gets him to open his eyes, then shows him the toy sword. I'm thinking your dad may have been holding back a grin the whole time.
What a great story, thanks again. 😆 😆 😆

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
gizzy thanks for the up date ohhhh freaky!

And when ygs decides its time to make a movie I guess your going to play the victim in opening credits that lasts about 3~4 minutes before being~ slashed,stabbed,shot or just violently dragged off screen screaming!

At least we now know who not to be stood with in a movie lol
Loved the description
Carl ❤ 😆
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Hi Miracles/Redphyx/Taz/Devious
Thank you so much for leaving such lovely comments on my story I really appreciate the feedback that is really sweet 😳.

Miracles51031 - I sometimes wonder how we are such good friends when we torment the life out of each other but I love them dearly (just don't tell them they will get big heads)

Redphyx - would it work if I smudged the house as he is very much in denial? I agree! I think the activity would calm down if he acknowleged it but no his mantra is what gets him through. Is there somewhere that I can read up on the white light protection?

Taz890 - lol I never thought of that I can just imagine his face if I turned up with that t-shirt or maybe even a pj set with it printed all over ha ha. I will try to point him in the direction of spiritualist church but you know what some men are like! So blooming stubborn tut. Yes you are quite right I have lots more to share and I will keep posting them as they come to me. Thank you for faving me again that is so nice of you.

Devious - Ooh just like your name a little bit twisted I love it! No I have never spoken to my nephew I am not sure why I think it because he has never come to me before and now he is a surly 16 year old so the most I get is a grunt but I will try thanks for the suggestion I have no idea why I never thought of that myself.

Just a little side note I feed his cats when he goes to his girlfriends house and a couple of weeks ago as I walked in the house was cold so I called out (feeling like a complete numpty might I add) " I know you are there but I don't want to see you and I will be gone in a second". As I go in I always look up the stairs as both cats come to the top to see who has come in and they were both perched at the top as usual. Well when I was feeding the cats in the laundry I kept hearing banging from above me which is his bathroom now I had convinced myself he had noisy neighbours who were banging about. But as I was leaving I looked up the stairs and the bedroom light looked as if it was turned on. So after a bit of mental debate with myself I decided that I needed to go check, so feeling like a prime candidate for a horror movie (yes I am one of those people that shouts at the stupid blondes who head towards danger instead of hoofing it whilst they can) I started up the stairs calling Martins name as I was trying to convince myself he had come home. Pushed the door open to the light being on and the bathroom door shut tight. Now I don't know about you but I am a proper jessie and there was no way I was going anywhere near the bathroom but it took me 20 minutes of frantic searching to find a light switch (it was in the hallway, I mean really who puts their light switches in the hallway). I found it turned it off and legged it leaving the cats to wonder what all that was about. I rang martin and when he answered made up a rubbish excuse that I thought I might have the wrong day but did not tell him (little sister protecting big brother). He was still with his girlfriend.
Just a final note - The next day I went to my mums and told her and she said both neighbours on either side had moved out months ago!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
"That didn't happen." I LOVE IT! I think more people should use this mantra and it might help them to get rid of their experiences. 😆

I have a girl friend who used to come over when my dad was working graveyard and I was alone. We'd hear noises and she would say, "did you hear that?" To which I would reply, "hear what?" And she would say "the noise!" And, ever in denial, I would say "what noise? There was no noise." It drove her CRAZY and to this day I still do it occasionally, just to freak her out.

Have you spoken with your nephew at all? Do you think maybe he's seen something? It does sound like something may be attached to either your brother or his home. What it sounds like is there is a spirit that knows he can sense/see it and knows he's trying to ignore it, so it's trying to get his attention. The problem with that is that sometimes the activity escalates until the spirit feels acknowledged. Maybe just have your brother say "hi, I know you're there, now please leave us alone." Or see if he can do something to help. Either way, just acknowledging might alleviate the situation a bit.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
gizzy great story's laughed so much it hurt!
Your brother has 2 choices
1) live with it, get mantra printed on t~shirt
2) face the fact it is happening and seek help, spiritualist church his best bet.
Like redphx said he has to protect himself and saying "that didn't happen" is of no help what so ever

Please keep this up dated if you can and looking forward to your other stories I feel you have a few more yet!
Carl ❤
P.s FAVED IT! 😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I'm sorry but this really makes me laugh. That is the best thing I've heard when dealing with paranormal. I can just invision a little boy getting all cross faced stomping around saying that didn't happen. He just puts the blinders on. I love it!

In order to help him just advise him to keep doing what hes doing (ignoring them) and also have him smudge his house with sage while using white light protection. I don't think these things are trying to harm him at all. I think they are just wanting his attention because they know that he can see them and hear them. They probably want his help. But since he isn't open to the idea of helping or even believing that they exist he should start to protect himself.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Gizzy - great sense of humor, especially when directed toward your brother 😆. I can say that considering I have 2 of my own who torment the daylights out of me. I'm the oldest, btw.

Your brother sounds like he has some serious denial going on, huh? 😉 I don't have any advice, I'm sorry. Out of all my experiences, I've never had sp or anything that has tried to drag me or my kids out of our beds.

I just wanted to say "great story."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: