You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Haunted Nights

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Nights

 

When my mother moved to another country, I then had to go live with my aunt. I slept in a 'storage room'. My bed was between a washing machine (at my head side) and a large old wooden clothes cabinet. At night when everyone was asleep, the house was completely dark. Not a single light was left on. My 'bedroom' was illuminated by a street light across the street and that suited me just fine. One night I woke up. I didn't know what time it was, but it must have been after 12:00 am. The house was completely dark and so was my room! The street light was out.

I was awakened by a sound coming from behind me (I laid on my back, facing the clothing cabinet). It was a crackling sound, like when you squeeze a plastic bag. I figured maybe a mouse or so was on the washing machine, walking over a plastic bag, so I turned on my belly to face the washing machine. As soon as I turned, the sound stopped. I stretched out my hand to feel on top of the washing machine, but there was nothing on it. I turned to get back to sleep and the sound started again. I turned on my belly: it stopped at once. This went one for a while, I was scared, but I eventually fell asleep.

The next night I woke up again. The street light was still out, the room was pitch black. The same sound woke me up, with the same 'turning/stopping' routine. At one point I refused to turn anymore, so I kept on my back hearing the sound behind me. I was too scared to get up and leave the room or call anybody: my aunt and I weren't the best of friends. When I kept ignoring the sound, it got louder and louder, filling up the whole room. Then it abruptly stopped. It was silent for a few minutes but then the unthinkable happened: the doors of the clothes cabinet started to squeak! It was an old rusty door which made a squeaking sound when opening it up. The door wasn't actually opening, you just heard the sound. And I didn't need to turn to see where the sound came from, I was facing it! I started trembling, I lay really still, my eyes shut tight. I fell asleep eventually. The next night the street lights were on again, my room was well lit. The noises did not occur again.

I never told my aunt about it, but I always wondered what happened those two nights.

Other hauntings by Asje

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Asje, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
That was creepy. Do you think the door might have actually been moving (the cabinet door, of course), but since it was dark you couldn't see it? My suggestion need not be right, though.

Take care.

Rockangel13
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
It could be a lower level entity that just cannot do much yet.
It needs more energy and the only way that it gets energy is if you fear it.
So if it happens again, then do not be scared!

I know that it is easier said than done, but still, it is possible.

It could just be a spirit that just wants attention, but then moved on.

You may need to get the house blessed and help the spirit move on.

Any questions? Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take care & Good luck! ❤
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
I think the spirit was an animal that died way before your time yet I could be wrong.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
I can't think of anything I did to have drawn the spirit in. The day it first happened I saw a small black 'bundle' in one of the corners of my room. It had drawn my attention because it wasn't there earlier. I took a closer look and it looked like a thick cobweb. It was there during the two days these events happened, but the morning after the second night it was gone. I don't know if it had anything to do with what happened. I do believe it moved on because 'I was no fun anymore'.
Thanks for your comments, God bless.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear Asje,

Paranormal entities need energy in which to exist. Electrical washer and dryers are generally plugged into higher amp electrical outlets. There may also be other higher voltage appliances, electrical systems and electrical boxes that share these same types of utility and storage rooms. The paranormal entity was drawing on the electrical outlets, as well as the street lamp and your fear. A resident entity or an entity passing by had a tasty energy charged appetizer of street lamp, and a buffet of higher amped voltage from the washer and dryer outlets to feed upon as the main course, topped off by a dessert of human fear. You will be fine and now more prepared if this should happen again. "Don't Feed the Entity Fear". Thanks for your story, Abby.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Could have been a spirit or entity that was seeking attention and when it failed to get it from you it moved on. Sounds more like the spirit of a small child was playing little tricks on you. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
Jmartin121 (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
This is the exact same thing that happened to me. It must be a lower level entity, but I can't be positive, I'm no expert. My story is posted: "11:11PM Poltergeist Problems" If you feel like readin it. Did you do anything before that might have drawn the spirit in or angered it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: