You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It Watched Me While I Slept

Real Ghost Stories

It Watched Me While I Slept

 

I've had quite a few strange happenings to write about on here, but I'm not sure where to start...

Starting from about when I was 11 years old, I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel like something was near to me. I lived in a house with just my parents and my brother and they would all be sound asleep and my door would be closed, so I knew no one could have been in my darkened room with me. The first night I felt this, I turned from my right side (where I was facing a wall) to my left and saw a figure of something sitting next to my bed. It had a large head and I wasn't sure exactly what it was but I quickly gasped and turned back to the wall with my blanket over my head and stayed awake sweating and scared until I would finally fall asleep. This happened every night for a few years. Never did the figure try to touch me or talk to me, but it did seem to come closer some nights.

Another night while I was trying to fall asleep, I was in my bed which faces the door. I had uncharacteristically left the door open. I closed my eyes to try and sleep and opened them to see a figure at the top of the door frame, feet and hands gripping the top of the frame hanging upside down almost like a lemur, and its face was directed towards me. I screamed and hid under my covers once again.

Years later, in an apartment I shared with my best friend, any time I would curl my hair in a mirror in my bathroom, I would catch glimpses of something darting back and forth in the living room in the mirrors reflection. I would turn to look, and nothing would be there. One day, my roomate called me over and said she had something to show me...

First of all, let me explain that our apartment had a kitchen with a bar wrapped around it. To the side of the bar was her bedroom door, and on the other side of the door, opposite the bar counter was a wall with a computer desk. She walked me over to her door and pointed at the ground to the right of it. There, under the bar counter was a set of footprints in the carpet. The positioning of the feet were as if someone had stood for a very long time outside her door, back against the bar counter. That is a very uncomfortable position and really no one would have any reason to stand there. We both stood our feet on the marks and they were bigger prints than either of our feet. Something had apparently stood directly next to her door for a while. But who? We were the only ones who lived there, and no one had been by to visit in about a week.

To this day, we are still stumped about the feet. Anyone have any suggestions or comments about any of the situations? I'd love to hear any responses.

Other hauntings by sarahmariacecilia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarahmariacecilia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jenny_Penny_Lol (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
😨 If I was there i'd definitely freak out about it. Nice story though. I hope to read more about yours.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Thanks for the responses everyone. It was definitely hard to put everything down into words when typing it made me shiver with goosebumps! Yes, I feel whatever it is very much so wants me to know it is around because the shoe print was spectacularly prominent and deep in the carpet! I really don't have too many crazy experiences with any contact or anything speaking to me, but I just have ALWAYS had the feeling of something always being right behind me, at all times, especially when going to sleep. I don't see these things anymore thank goodness, but that feeling of someone around still lingers. (otteer, the doorway experience did jar me the most!)
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
Holy cow, forget about the foot prints, I would want to know what was hanging upside down in my doorway lol! I can understand you being stumped on this one. I'm glad no one is getting hurt. As for the footprints, maybe who ever is visiting wanted you to see them therefore the heavy matting.
Thanks for the story! 😊
kristinarodriguez1980 (5 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Footprints? I'm so glad I read your story! I have been having some unusual experience in my house. I have lived here 18mons. I have 3 kids 13,11,&9.Ive always had the feeling a little kid was around me. I noticed 1 footprint in my carpet. It was a dress shoe, and much smaller then my youngest kids'.It wasn't a dress shoe from these days, but I got a feeling it was from the 40's.Its the scariest, most unexplainable thing that's ever happened to me.
Vermillion625 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
What a frightening thing to have experienced! This certainly doesn't seem like a residual haunting; from what you said in the story the spirit is quite conscious of it's actions. If the spirit continues to disturb your home I would advise that you have a local priest come perform a house blessing. I myself am not religious but this practice often results in a positive response.

Take care and good luck! ❤
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Wow, creepy. Hopefully, you aren't seeing them anymore. Night after night, this thing sitting next to your bed when you were young. You are definitely a strong person to have endured that. Maybe they were some sort of spirits who knew you could see them, but they couldn't do anything to you. As for the footprints, I have read numerous paranormal stories where people found footprints that were unexplainable. I guess that's what these are. I wish peace and light for you. And no more scary stuff.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Eww, that gave me chills to think about footprints in the carpet like that. I can get a pretty good mental picture of that scenario and I would feel very defensive and afraid someone might have broken into my house.

As for the creature, I am not really sure what to make of it, but I do like the idea that it might be a guardian spirit of some sort. As long as it doesn't try to hurt you or go out of its way to scare you, just keep an eye on it and see what happens. If you can, try and take a picture or leave a video camera on overnight to see what happens.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Thanks for the suggestions:) It was definitely shoe prints. I thought of the same thing, and I've tried to come up with any other explanation but I can't. The carpet was matted down pretty far into the carpet like whoever it was stood there for a while, and I can't recall looking at that spot often (it was a very strange place for feet to be... It was almost under the edge of the bar counter), but when she showed it to me it was so distinct I really don't see how I couldn't have noticed if it had been there before.:/
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
To me it sounds like you had a guardian spirit watching over you. Like a gargoyle. If it never hurt you and just watched then I think that is what is was. As far as the feet. I would try to think about what bacchaegrl said. If you never noticed them before that doesn't mean that they weren't there.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Hm, weird, I suppose. I would just like to address the footprint situation. I'm sure others will talk about the other things that happened to you. Are you sure those prints weren't there before? Lot's of people move through apartments doing who knows what. Maybe a previous tenant kept something there that happened to look like feet, and it made an indent on the carpet. Maybe you never noticed the prints before that day. That could happen. Did the prints look like shoe prints or bare feet? Did your roommate place anything there before you found the prints? I'm not saying the event wasn't scary or untrue, I just want to ask and see if you've exhausted all possibilities.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: