You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Scared To Make Eye Contact

Real Ghost Stories

Scared To Make Eye Contact

 

I was about 10 years old, on a family holiday with my two sisters and my dad, my mum and dad are divorced so my dads new girlfriend was with us. We stayed in Spain, in a building divided into 3 flats and a shared pool. The holiday was pretty bad and my little sister had really bad chicken pox.

My sisters and I shared a bedroom, being a boy I had my own bed and my sisters top and tailed in the bed next to me, my older sister was lying at the same end as me, the end with the headboard and my little sister was lying at the other end where there was no headboard, I could see my little sister whilst lying on my side and there was a small table between the two beds which had a lamp and 2 glasses of water on it.

One night I woke up because I was thirsty, it wasn't hot because it was february at the time but I don't remember it being cold or chilly at all. The room was quite well lit by the lamp and the walls were light orange which reflected the light and made the room feel lighter. I was facing the right wall from my bed when I woke up, I then turned to the left to grab my drink from the table between the two beds, my eyesiight was fuzzy because I had only just opened my eyes, as I was drinking my eyes started to regain focus. In the corner of the room by the end of my sisters bed was a white misty figure. It was moving slightly and I recognised who it was immediately, it was my mother's mother. She did not make eye contact with me, she looked busy, like she was picking up my little sisters pillow off the floor and then stroking her head, I think its because my little sister was ill and she was doing the grandmother thing. She was a very Hazy figure with mist floating around her, like a human standing in fog but not in a scary way, it was more peaceful and soothing. I only saw this for about a second or two because I was so scared of making eye contact with the ghost. I slowly creeped back around to the right and shivered myself back to sleep, all of a sudden it was cold and I was paralysed with fear. When I got back from Spain I told my mum and she completely believed me but nobody else did. My mum is a believer in everything paranormal and has some wierd phsycic abilities, I can't really talk about them much though because I don't really know what shes talking about haha.

What I don't understand is why I was so terrified and why she was in Spain!? I only ever met my nan a few times when I was young because she died of cancer however I knew it was her, I even recognised the pyjamas she was wearing, my mum kept them after she died. I wish she'd come back and this time I won't be scared.

This was NOT a dream and I have never had any other paranormal experiences since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Whitemist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
Whitemist I liked your story mate sounded very genuine! 😊

My friends here are right, this I also believe was your Nan checking up on you and also tending to your little sister. The fact that you had seen her in Spain does not matter, the spirit world I believe is not affected by time or distance like we are in the physical realm. You should feel blessed for being able to have the oppurtunity to have seen her.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
Whitemist,
Thanks for sharing this with us, it's a very sweet tale. It just goes to show that there are no barriers that love cannot cross, and to never underestimate the power of a grandmother. ❤

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
hi there whitemist, great story 😁
I personaly think your gran was just doing what a gran would, she is soothing a sick child.
the fact that she has passed won't stop her comming to a child or granchild in need.

For a 10 year old this would have been very frightening thing to happen, I expect the chill you felt was your gran trying to show you everything was ok.

Thanks for sharing a great story,
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Great story! I think your nan was checking in on you kids to make sure you were all okay. I can completely understand your fear and I'm sure I would feel the same way. When you witness a spirit, sometimes you just get a feeling that you know who it is.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Whitemist - you asked why you were so terrified. One of the reasons would be because you were 10 years old. My son is 9 1/2 and he's grown up around ghosts all his life and still gets startled when he sees one. Although he is getting much better😉

Also, from your story, I assume that your Nan wasn't from Spain and perhaps you thought maybe she shouldn't have been there. That would be another reason she scared you. She was out of her "element." Maybe if you'd seen her somewhere else, somewhere that made sense, she wouldn't have been as startling to you.

No matter that you were terrified the time you saw her when you were 10, she was there to check on your little sister. She wasn't there to frighten you or your sisters. But I think you know that.

Good story 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: