You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dead Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Dead Woman

 

This incident happened when I was around 6-8 years old, but still I remember it clearly. I used to live in my maternal house with my Grandparents as well as my parents. There was a servant in our house who was from my grandfather's village. Once his sister in law (who used to live in village only) suffered from jaundice and therefore came for checkup to our city. She was staying at our home only. She had 2 small children, a girl and a boy. Girl must be 4yrs older and the boy was around 2.I still remember it when she was badly ill. Her checkup went on for long time but her condition was getting worse day by day. And finally one day she passed away.

I was too small to think about her death. Time passed away and things went on. One night, I was sleeping with my parents. It was a winter night. At around 3-4 am I woke up and what I see is this woman hanging in air at the edge of my bed. It was a smokey kind of figure and a bit floating in air. She was having only her upper half of the body, and was wearing a white saaree. She looked very same as she used to, when alive. She was smiling at me.

I was thrilled out and put up my blanket over me and didn't take it out until morning. I don't know the reason, why I saw her. Its not that I was too much attached to her or something. But what I saw was real. Many years after I told this to my mom also. She said that these things happen sometimes, so better don't give them much attention. But even today I get goosebumps when I remember that incident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stuss217, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
lol, nup I remember trying that and it did nuttin'๐Ÿ˜†

Gah505050
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Tweed, it won't let me vote you up at the moment, but that's damned odd! I wonder if 50 taps of the space bar would do it?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Ah yeah, that makes sense. I didn't think it was anything bad, just one of those odd YGS things. The oddest of all has to be when a member commented, but her comment contained nothing, not a letter or word! I tried to figure that one out for ages, had me stumped! ๐Ÿ˜† It was on this thread:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22130
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
And after looking at the profile for the other member, I found the pending status is no longer there.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Tweed - I've only seen this myself once before. We have another member who submitted a story and their profile said the same: pending activation.

This is what I was told, "...this error message is probably showing because they changed email address in the meanwhile and it hasn't been confirmed yet, so they won't receive notifications. It doesn't necessarily mean a bad intention, it may be a problem on their end with their email services, or something else."
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Huh, that's bizarre, Samshay. ๐Ÿ˜• It says 'pending activation' on their profile. Never come across that before either. ๐Ÿ˜•
Samshay (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-06)
Why did it show you have zero story. ๐Ÿ˜• even that's spooky ๐Ÿ˜† anyway your experience was indeed interesting... Has anybody else in your house seen her?
Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Hi Venky, Thanx for reading & the comment. I would like to know about your story as well. Can you write me about it...

This comment from venky is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Hi Vishyundai, may be... But she didn't do nything like, and it was only once I saw her...
vishyundai (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hi,
I think that the spirit you saw wanted to convey something to you. Not quite sure but this happens generally as per my knowledge.

Anyways thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Soniya217 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi, Swa... Yeah it was really scary... Nyways thanks for reading...๐Ÿ˜
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
[at] sg66 you can if the poster has added there email.
Click on their name above the story that will take you to their profile and email if added will be there
sg66 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
Hi. Is there any way to write directly to the author? I mean without going through the forum...

Thanks.
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-11)
Damn it gave me the goosebumps. Your mother is absolutely right. You need not pay much attention towards it. Anyway, take care. Keep sharing. God bless! ๐Ÿ˜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: