You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Possible Medium?

Real Ghost Stories

A Possible Medium?

 

I first contemplated having 'The Sight' at the tender age of 15. I am now 21. I was sitting, home alone, at the kitchen table. The kitchen has a large pair of french windows which lead out to the garden. There is a large graveyard behind the garden. I have never been afraid of graveyards, or spirits. It was that night I saw a woman, who looked real as you or I, but there was something I couldn't put my finger on about her: she didn't look solid, if you get what I mean, she looked real, but not solid. She would smile at me and mouth words which I could not hear. Then she would point behind me. I looked, and when I turned my head back towards her, she had vanished.

I then saw lots of people, everywhere, who had this un-solid quality about them. Then, they would disappear with incredible speed. Sometimes the temperature would drop though the sun was shining, and these people have looked at me in surprise and then pointed. On occasion, these people never even saw me, it was only me looking at them. I showed my sister and asked if she could see one particular man, who I sensed was one of these spirits, and of course, she told me she couldn't see a thing.

I also hear voices. Hundreds of chattering voices, yet I see no-one. I sense presences in both broad daylight and the night. One particular nasty experience is written below:

I felt as if someone was touching me-the back of my neck with one cold, pinpoint of pressure. The power was out so I was using candles, and the one in the room flickered violently and went out though the window was shut as was the door. I then felt something pressing over my mouth-not a hand, but a choking sensation. I could not possibly open my mouth and all I could do was writhe. It was then I saw the eyes. Deep, soulful eyes staring into my own. 'It' released me and I spoke to it: asking it to leave me. It went, but every now and again, I get this awful choking sensation. I am asking for advice: do I have 'The Sight', and if so, how can I use it? Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghost_gal123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-20)
I know how it like to be able to see them or things. My childhood was like that. To me, sometimes its very confusing. Because I don't see in black and white colour like in movies. I see them as normal as I see real people. Only different is they soon vanish from my sight quickly. I hear voices too. But strangly they don't act like I can see them. I see them not only in my house, on my way to work, in buddhist temples for few examples. They did not harm me and they did not notice me. Or atleast until few months ago.
Ghost_gal123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Thanks for your comments and advice everyone! I'd love to take the sight to a further level if possible, or at least learn how to use it properly-any ideas? Thanks again,

Ghost_Gal ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
wow you seem to have incredible sight. Not many people can see like that. You do have the ability to help them if you want to. How very interesting. It's like you see directly into their world and ours and see it overlapping. That is really quite intersting. You have the ability to help the living with hauntings too. You are able to do a lot. Just know that ghosts are just the same as living people. YOu have good ones and you have bad ones. If someone was nasty in life they will probably be nasty in death. Oh and as of now I think you are just seeing human spirits. They are not demons
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
hi thankyou for your story, I believe we all have the sight, some are very tuned in (like you) and some like me a little bit, maybe you can do some training (see a trusted medium?) and follow your heart at what your feel is right, when you sence something around you. Good luck with every thing and the most important factor is too have a little bit of faith as it will protect you from evil. Cheers di
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hello!

Oh my word! That choke sensation must be frightening!
My opinion... If you see people that other people cannot see... You most likely have the sight. But, if you are questioning yourself, you have two options... See a doctor or see a reliable reputable psychic to read you. To tell someone to go see a doctor is hard for me as I wouldn't follow that advice myself as I have been selected by the universe (involuntarily) lol and just have stuff thrown at me randomly (dont see em or hear voices thank heavens) but if I had a head blow or accident around the time I started hearing and seeing things, I would consider it.
I'm glad you reached out cause you will most likely get some great advice here. Just wish I could help. I hope you can use your gift and help others... I admire people who do so.

Best wishes! ❤
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
It seems you do have the sight. There are ways to improve it, however a lot of it deals with meditation and other ways to connect to the spirit world. I can help guide you on it if you contact me further.
What really questions me is why they keep pointing at you. I'm assuming that there is something else unique about you. I wonder how many of them you saw were really lost souls. The ones that do not see you are more of memories of a lost soul, or they see no use talking to you. Choking sensations are normally cause by demons, and other evil spirits. I know many of this from experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: