You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Using A Ouija At My Friend's 5

Real Ghost Stories

Using A Ouija At My Friend's 5

 

I will start by apologizing to everyone that helped me so much with their comments when I was at my worst. I know that several of them were eager to know what happened, and I wish I could have come on here more often to tell them. But to tell the truth, I went through absolute HELL and getting on any website was the least of my worries.

It's been two years since I was a complete idiot and messed around with a Ouija board. I was fifteen then, and now at the age of seventeen I look back and I don't know what I was thinking. I don't claim to know everything now, but I feel my experiences have matured me to an extent I might not have reached had I not gone through what I did.

My last update was about how I was going to go to a minister for advice, and I did do that the very next day. What happened is something that I still feel like came out of a horror movie, and I still have nightmares about it.

For the sake of the people in the town I grew up in (I have moved from there now, but I will go into more detail on that shortly) I am not going to say the town name or what type of church it was, but I discovered that it was NOT what it claimed to be.

Instead of going to the main minister of the church my grandparents went to I decided to visit the church across town, so he wouldn't tell my family. No one really knew what time mass was, so I showed up at around five in the afternoon because I figured service would be over and I could meet with him privately. I walked into the small front area and found it empty, but I heard a voice so I walked back into the minister's private room.

What I saw there is hard to recount. Even sitting here typing it I feel sick to remember, but I feel it needs to be said. The 'minister' was standing in a small group of people who sat in a circle, and in the middle was a woman writhing like she was in agony. Her eyes were rolled back in her head, her hair was wild like she'd been tearing at it, and her back was bent to an unnatural angle. As soon as I entered the room she started shrieking like some sort of wounded animal, pointing at me and then speaking in a voice that just couldn't have been her voice and in a language that wasn't English or anything I had ever heard.

I ran for my life, absolutely terrified. I haven't said a word about what I saw to anyone, too afraid that it would result in some kind of old-world witch hunt through the town. For example, in the circle was a woman that used to be at my grandparent's house every weekend for card games. How could I tell anyone that their friends and neighbors were into whatever the hell that was?

As I read back over what I've written it sounds unrealistic and - again, like a horror movie - but I swear to God that it's all real.

That's another point I'd like to make: before what I went through I was a skeptic in pretty much everything. Now I still do not attend church, but I am devout in my faith and I pray every morning and every night and periodically through the day.

When I saw what those people were doing in that 'church' (I still don't know what it was. Demonic possession, séance, witchcraft. I honestly don't want to know), I went into sort of a shell. I was depressed and everyone saw a change in me, and I came dangerously close to taking my own life. What I saw wasn't the worst of it, either.

The demonic presence that attached to me through the Ouija (I firmly believe that's what it was now) kept growing stronger. My mother believed I was self-mutilating because of all the cuts, burns, and bruises on my body. It was ALL that thing.

I didn't sleep for days at a time. When it was dark in my room and I was alone it would lay down in bed next to me and whisper disgusting things. It said it was going to rape my mother and sister and make me watch, then kill them and do the same to me. It would choke me until I was on the brink of suffocation, and I would cry so loudly my mother would come in and then it would leave. She thought I was going crazy, and so did I.

It tore my room apart constantly. I gave up trying to clean it up, and so did my mother. All of my books and old stuffed animals were destroyed, same for my blankets and pillows. I ended up sleeping on a bare mattress, even when it was freezing in the middle of winter.

It attacked me continuously for six more months. There is only once picture of me from that time, and I look like a completely different person. My sister took it, and she showed it to me after we moved and I almost laughed. I'd lost a good fifteen to twenty pounds, was covered in bruises, looked dirty and tired, and there is an unmistakable shadow behind me on the wall that couldn't be mine. I keep the picture so I can remember what I've been through for the times when I want to think it was all a bad dream.

Just before my junior year of high school was going to start my mother decided I was acting so strange because I didn't like my friends (even though I had none since everything started), and moved us away. Almost as soon as we crossed the town line I felt a weight lifted off of me, and I started crying and laughing so hard my mom pulled over. I jumped out of the car and got violently sick, then a few hours later I ate more than I had in one sitting for all that time. I knew without a doubt it was gone. And it was.

Now I firmly believe that whatever haunted me was a part of that town, and all because of whatever is going on in that 'church'. I haven't told my friend (the one whose house this all started at) why I won't come back, but she knows she can only come visit me. I will NEVER go back there.

So that is my story, and I wonder if it sounds insane. To me it is all so real that I can't tell, but maybe I sound crazy. But I swear it's all true and I just want people to know what's happened to me. And for anyone who reads this, DO NOT MESS WITH THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I won't preach, but for your own sake, BE CAUTIOUS! If I had listened to the people on this site and my friend and even my own survival instincts I might have been spared from this horrific experience.

Then again, I'm almost glad it happened. I am who I am because of it, and I think that I'm sensitive to paranormal things now. I don't claim to be a medium or anything, but sometimes I feel and hear things others around me don't. Maybe it comes with growing up in a place that was apparently rich in activity. But really, I don't want to know more about that town and the things they do there. It's in my past.

Anyway, I will say thank you again. To everyone who read, who commented, and who helped me even marginally during those extremely trying times. If anyone has any questions I'll check every few days and I'll be happy to answer:

Other hauntings by seb94

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, seb94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seb94 (7 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Thanks for the comments! And sorry for not replying sooner, but it's my final year of high school and all so I'm busy:/

UntilTheWorldEnds - I didn't see any unusual symbols, and the 'priest' or whatever wasn't praying. Looking back on it, I believe that the woman reacted the way she did to me because she either knew something was attached to me (the demonic presence) or something along those lines. I don't know for sure, that's just my opinion.

I'll be posting another update about the town and what my friends/family from that area have told me. But to protect them I'm not going to name it.

Again, thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it:)
JonTheDominator (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
So I've read your stories and I have to say I am really intrigued by it all. The fact you've been haunted by a demonic presence and it had haunted you for at least a year would have been something I would probably hate to endure. I would never find myself to even be in the same building as people using those things and recently I completely devoted myself against the use of it and to stop demonic presences from terrorizing others. I believe it's a great way to help people and show them how to help others going through it as well. As for the part of the woman and the circle. I would think that you were probably describing a exorcism, and some other people have seemed to agree. Anyways though, I'm glad everything seems to be going well and hope for only the best to come to you now.
FlatLine (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
you should post your pic... Like a before and after kind of thing. More people on here need to show this stuff if they have it, I mean its proof. 😕
UntilTheWorldEnds (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
About the woman in the church, one thing I'm sure of - she was possessed or just getting possessed. She could have been mentally ill, but what was she doing in there if she was? It also crossed my mind that it could've been an exorcisim.But,you did mention she freaked when she saw you. To my knowledge, only powerful demons have the strength to fully posses a human, so why would she (or beter yet, the demon/s) be afraid upon seeing a girl?
I was expecting her to stare at you or even curse, or maybe an evil grin... I don't know, anything except the reaction that she had.
I may be wrong but that didn't sound like an exorcisim to me.
And others were in a circle around her?
I don't know a lot about the occult or black magic. But I do know that when you're summoning something, be it a spirit or a demon you usually make a circle with everyone who's participating.
And the minister wasn't saying any prayers, or at least holding a cross (or maybe you didn't mention this)...i don't know.
Maybe if you hade the time to look around closely, you might have seen some unknown/occult simbols or writings.
Then I would be sure that whatever they were doing wasn't all that good.
Everything about it is just so weird.

Anyway,i'm glad that you're ok now 😁.
And I'm very grateful that you told us your story.

As for the use of a ouija board... I don't know what is it about them that makes me want to use it.
Even after a lot of very bad and sometimes disturbing sories from other people, I still want to use it.
I don't think I'm ever going to, but who knows.
When it's daytime I want to use it, but when the night comes I become rational.I'm afraid of the dark as it is so I always think to myself "what were you thinking?".But as the next day comes it starts all over.
I really don't know what's wrong with me.
But,so far so good. Never even seen one in real life 😁.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Glad to hear you survived the situations! Just wanted to put my input that what you saw at the church, she could have been possessed and they could have been performing an exorcisim to save her. Not sure how many churches do it but I have heard of it before.

Again, glad to hear your alright.

Peace
JustCurious
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Wow your stories are very scary, I'm glad things have stopped and you are okay. I also was wondering if you have done any research on the town or if you are still in contact with your friend? Did she ever experiance anything else?

You say you still have a picture of yourself from that time? I'm not sure how true this is but I would think that its possible that the picture could have some energy of the spirit attached to it. Just a thought, anyway I'm glad you're okay! God bless
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I will tell you the truth, I had some idea to use an Ouija board but I haven't touched that thing ever since I read the huge amount of stories on this site about how bad it was and what kind of trouble they went though. Now I wouldn't think of it. I actually found this site when I was search for information about the Ouija board. (I know, I know, bad me but don't worry, I never touched it after read the stories here).

I am, like many other posters here, really proud of you for surviving and getting though your ordeal. You mentioned that the girl you saw in the weird church was a girl you saw coming to your grandparents' house. Is your grandparents still in the town you left behind? I was also going to ask you if you heard of any other incidents from that town but now I realize you don't want to think about that town, so if you don't want to answer that, it's okay.
Paige123 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I understand your troubles and I'm sorry for every thing you have went throw 😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
seb94: Thanks for the update mate, I am so glad that all this is now behind you. Some very wise words indeed at the end of your story, people need to realise that this stuff is real and not to be meddled with.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-12)
hi seb94 had to go through all your stories to see what had happened and in a word wow!
You were lucky to come out of such a experiance with what sounds like your sanity intact.

I do feel sorry for you having to go through all that but I am glad you say it has stopped.

And thank you for comming back and adding this update and I wish you All the best,
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: