You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Two Places At Once

Real Ghost Stories

Being Two Places At Once

 

I never thought I'd post on this. But I had an experience maybe 7 years ago that still stays with me until today.

I decided to jog one day, don't know why, I never do. Spontaneously I wanted to. So I jogged around the block, and decided to jog up this hill. As I jogged up the hill, I saw my god brother. He was jogging down the hill, with a yellow sweater swung over his shoulders just like when we were at school together. I wanted to say hi, but he seemed a little, I guess you would say, discontent. So I thought I'd wait for him to say hi to me. But as he passed right by me, he just looked at me and jogged on.

A months had passed, I found out he died in Iraq, he was in the Marines. Right away I talked to his brother, and since that day we talked a whole month. One night, I decided to tell him, maybe because I felt a regret wish I had said hi to his brother that day. I told him I saw his brother jogging up this one hill, he told me yeah he always jogs around that hill, wearing the clothes I described to him. But when I had mentioned it was about 3 months ago, he told me that's not right, because he has not been back from Iraq for a whole year. Not only that, I never went to his house before and I went and realize the reason why he jogs around that area was because he lives up on that hill.

I never understood this, and to me is too much of a coincidence. I had a long good stare at him that day, I know it was him. But how? I don't understand. If anyone has a clue, please tell me. Thanks.

Other hauntings by justmenoname

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justmenoname, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
Sorry for your loss and missed (possibably) the last chance of talking to him if it was him alive. Is it possible that you indeed saw your god brother and for some reason didn't tell his brother he was back from Iraq? You did say he seemed discontent. Maybe he was ashamed not to still be in Iraq and didn't want anybody to know? I'm not trying to say anything bad about him but just sugesting a POSSIBLE but NOT the only explination. Again sorry for your loss.
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Thank you geetha50, I really appreciate it. And thank you for the explanation:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
justmenoname,

My theory to your question about not looking at all transparent would be the energy that they create would be powerful enough to make them look just like you and me.

Also, to your earlier comment. If it is meant to be, he will appear to you but if he doesn't then you and your family can relax knowing that he crossed over and now is at peace.

I don't know if I said this earlier but I'm sorry for the loss of your god - brother. I would also like to take my hat off to people like your god - brother for put their lives at risk for common people like us.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
justme: I'm going with Jave's theory... We kind of "collect" these stories, as it's a subject that a couple of us are very interested in... The reason I asked about his date of death was leading in the direction of Jave's theory...

Also, you say he looked at you, but are you sure?...I mean, did you make eye contact?...I ask because if our theory of "living risidual" is correct, he wouldn't have seen you... Given his military back ground, and being an avid jogger, they train themselves to pay close attention to their surroundings...So, he may have looked in your direction because he heard a noise and was nonchalantly glancing in your direction... If that's the case, then astral projection is more likely...

Geez, have I totally confused you yet? 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
justmenoname,
I wish I knew, it is a phenomenon that I've been paying attention to only because it seems to be coming up more often. But every one of them says the same thing. That the person they see seems to be "all there" and the only thing it doesn't do is make contact. In one story there was a smile and a wave in the persons general direction, but that could have been the norm for that person to do in that situation. I just find this phenomenon fascinating. If you do see him again it would be very interesting because so far we haven't had anyone come back to report it happening twice,

Jav
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Javelina, may I ask why is it when we see this, they don't look at all transparent, or like an apparition? The weird thing is, he looked at me too.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
justmenoname,
After reading your story and the comments after I've got to go with a "pre-death residual haunting".
This isn't the first one we've had come up on this site and it surely won't be the last. But it seems to happen every now and then, a person has a regular thing they do all the time and it somehow makes an imprint in that area/spot. And we are left with seeing this image. What's really freaky is when the person that the image is of then sees themselves.
I'm sorry for the loss off your God-brother. I hope this helps explain what you saw that day, and if you see the same image again, don't be surprised if it does the same thing again. But if it does something different... Let us know.

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
justmenoname: The first comment I made applies still mate then haha thanks for clearing that up! 😆

Dan
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi to granny and darkness, he did look at me. Twice. But didn't say anything, instead wiped his sweat and jogged on. However, he was not dead at the time, he was in Iraq. Another point would be, he really stands out because he's very tall, must be above 6'2 head bald, and it was exactly what I see him wear at school before, I know it's him.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Granny I wrote up a whole paragraph at first thinking he died then read it again quickly and missed the part so I thought he was alive still! Hahaha disregard all my previous comment then justmenoname that's not what I wanted to put in! Geez talk about a blonde moment!
Granny the guy did look at him though right? But looking and acknowledging are 2 differant things lol.
Not my day sorry everyone lol! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
justme: I find this story very intriguing... The fact that he didn't acknowledge you makes me lean toward the idea of a residual, but before I make up my mind, I have a question... Do you know or remember the exact date of his death, and how did it coincide with your experience?...Okay, two questions, one question mark LOL 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
justmenoname: The fact that he acknowledged you puts this experience into the Projection category, and Doppelganger in my opinion. The spontaneous feeling you had to go jogging also plays some part in this experience I believe. Geetha50 maybe on to something this may also be the case you had the feeling to go for a jog! Hope this is making sense to you. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Thank you very much for the explanation taz890. You all are teaching me a lot:)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
hi there justmenoname enjoyed reading this one thanks for sharing 😊

Just so you know a residual/re-enactment haunting is like say if you go to a famous battle ground and suddenly "see" the fighting happening around you or nearby the people you see won't look at you of anything but just carry on what there doing.

Like a video recording of a event played over and over again you can't change what happens and they can't stop doing the same thing.

Or like when people sat they have seen on of henry the 8ths wifes in the tower of london walking around she won't look at anyone just walk past as though your not there because when she was alive you were not there.

Hope this makes some sence
Carl
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Geetha50, thanks for your opinion, I am learning more things. I just wish if that were the case he'd come visit just once again.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Another suggestion would be that it would be your god - brother's way of saying goodbye to you. I personally thing that even if we don't know it yet, in our souls or unconscious mind we know something is going to happen and we would try to say our farewells to people. I think you were more sensitive to the paranormal than the rest of your family and he chose you to rely that parting message.
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi gizzy, thank you kindly for your reply. I thought of the 2nd and 3rd one never the 1st one. May I ask how does an re-enactment happen, or work?
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hi justmenoname, there are several theories as to what this could be.
1. A residual - this is a re-enactment of a time frame.
2. Doppelganger - person who looks exactly like another person.
3. Projection - your godbrother could have been thinking about he he liked to jog on the hill and projected his image.
These are all theories and I am not saying any one of them is the one you must make up your own mind.
Hope this helps. Gizzy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: