You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Face Behind The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Face Behind The Door

 

I have had many scary moments in my life and most of them have been obviously something non paranormal, but this is one of those scary moments I can't explain and do not often talk about.

I had two of my friends staying over and everyone was in the living room talking. My family friends and pets were all in my sight. All of a sudden we heard a very loud noise and me and my friends went to check it out. The door leading to the upstairs was wide open which was strange because I was sure we had shut it. We became very scared and told my dad. He of course thought our reaction was funny but to calm us down he put a wooden chair in front of the door.

We went back into the living room and continued to talk but when we heard the noise again and a much louder one following it we ran to see what it was. The chair was flat on the floor with the door opening slowly and when I looked into the door I saw a face with red eyes starring back. I became so scared that I fell down on my knees. Then all of a sudden the door burst open all the way and the face was gone. When I turned to see my friends faces they were backed into a corner crying.

This was my most scary paranormal encounter I have had in a long time. Nothing so horrible has happened since then. I know it may not seem very scary to you but I was so horrorfied that even three years later I still remember it perfectly and I feel the fear from that moment and almost cry I become so scared of this memory. My friends have experienced paranormal activity in their house since then but none so scary they say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sammy32, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
it is terrifying when something like that happens and yes it's real... Good thing you weren't too close cause it sounds like it was looking for a soul to possess thank you and yours are alright.
AQAllen (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
So did you found out what hapen? 🤔 😕 If I were you, I will kick the enimies and use my fighting skills
DevilishSia (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Wow... Don't worry, I totally believe you. I've had an incident just like this! Still, reading your story sends shivers down my spine.
I think you should definitely try and find a nice, quiet room by yourself and try and talk to whatever this "thing" is, and hopefully, you'll at least get some answers. Just don't use a ouija board... Focus on the memory - I know it'll be hard, but worth it if you get a response.

Love,
Sia ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I'd like to hear how your dad explained it away for you. What did he say about what you saw, and did he also see it? Was he the first to the scene, or were you? And if it was you, why didn't you have your dad check it out first, seeing as it seemed to scare you the first time it happened, it only makes sense that he wouldn't let you go there before him.

Jav
cookie123 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
i am asking with Dan, what did it look like?!? It is very demonic sounding, but it seems sort of (I know this will sound crazy) not dangerous. Yes, it looked at you in a very shocking way, but maybe it had a reason. It could have been just plain evil, but you can never really tell sometimes.
❤ cookie123 ❤
AnimalAngles (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Crazy! I have no clue what it could be! Did you have anything happen in the house before to you? ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
sammy32: Very freaky indeed, has anything else occured in this home or was this a one off event? What did the face with red eyes look like? Was it female, male or something else. I am just trying to figure out why this occured in the first place! There are many possibilities as to what this was and why it happened. Keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ghost_hunter101 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Wow... That sounds really frightening. I wouldn't even have gone up there. I would send someone else up there in the first place! I totally believe that story, and I say that because most people don't usually tell the whole truth out of their stories, just so they can have an interesting story to tell. I am wondering what that thing was, but to me it sounded like it wanted to get your attention for some reason. Especially if it happened more than once. It used up a lot of energy, so I guess it had a reason for doing that. Maybe it liked the door open all the way, and when it looked at you, it was probably telling you to keep it open or ELSE. I am glad that never happened to me, but I have had something else happen to me in a longer period of time, that actually happened to me at my Dad's house and my Mom's house. I knew then that it wanted something from me because it wouldn't just follow me for a mile or two to a different house for NO REASON. I hope you don't have to go through that again. Good Luck! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: